Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Econoline Cargo Van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has addressed the 2 door floor pan shipping damage issues going forward.
This was the first I heard. Hope i don't get one of those.
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two-doors are Broncos; four-doors are not.

How am I so sure?

If you had four legs instead of two, you'd be a centaur. ;)
A Bronco is a horse, horses have 4 legs. Know what else has 4 legs? 2 people walking, because that's what the people that ordered 2 door broncos will be doing.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I calculated this correctly, even at numbers rivaling the range total builds daily, that is 7500 Broncos built/mnth. I realize things can change with redirecting resources, but how long will they build this year and do they add some Saturdays to the mix?
Those numbers will go up significantly until they are at max rate. They will probably be making around 500 a day if not more when they are cranking them out.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...They called it an Expedition.
In transitioning from 1996 to 1997, Ford essentially discontinued the 2 door in favor of a 4 door and gave it a new name. Soooo.... They've been making the equivalent of a 4 door Bronco since 1997.
By your logic then, it was essentially the same vehicle, but after giving it four doors, Ford named it 'Explorer'. So that completely supports the maxim that the new Bronco is the 2-door and the 4-door variant is actually the same as an Explorer and should be named 'Explorer' (sport maybe?).

Seems legit.

Sponsored

HudsonAlex

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, 39 Hudson coupe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
LOL, welcome to B6G !!!!
Once they hit full production they'll make 1000 Broncos a day!!!
Gotta start slow and work out the bugs, steady increases, which shows on the white board, even over the course of just a week!!! This is GREAT NEWS !!!!

BTW, 2021 expected production is now around 40/50 thousand. Down from 60-ish.

Is 1,000 a day a real number? If so, that's great. we don't have to wait as long as I thought.

Mdemieville

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand why it exists but I wish there wasnt a 4dr Bronco. There never was a 4dr Bronco just like there never was a 4dr Charger or 4dr Mustang like the Mach E. I know...if the 4dr didnt exist they probably wouldnt have made the new one but 🤮
There actually was a 4 door bronco. It was the centurion bronco. It was a company that converted them and they were very popular

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

4:1 ratio of more-door to 2-door follows what JEEP sales have proven for the past few decades and was the right call 24-30 months ago when Ford had to make that decision as to commodities to order for launch.

Unfortunately there were more 2-door reservations than anticipated for Ford. But us 2-door folks will get what's coming some day!
I think that implication is overly pessimistic. The fact is, trends come and go in all things, including vehicles. Right now you can’t swing a dead cat in a parking lot without hitting a CUV, but it used to the same could be said of a Van, or a Sedan before that. Four doors Might be “hot” now, thanks in large part to the Wrangler Unlimited…. But that particular vehicle actually looks better as a four door (IMO) because it is so stubby in it’s traditional two door form. That four door Unlimited opened up the Jeep market to families looking for the most manly mall cruiser they could buy….. and so sales exploded. Is this going to hold true of the Bronco? The Two door Bronco is a magnificently proportioned beast (I mean, C’mon). The four door is… different. Yes, it has a broader market appeal - I give you that…. But appeal and tastes change. That is why we are on Gen 6 after a 25 year hiatus, after all. If there is one constant in the Universe, it is that tastes change. The four door Bronc might dominate for a year, 5 years, or 10 - but it won’t dominate forever. Nothing does.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think that implication is overly pessimistic. The fact is, trends come and go in all things, including vehicles. Right now you can’t swing a dead cat in a parking lot without hitting a CUV, but it used to the same could be said of a Van, or a Sedan before that. Four doors Might be “hot” now, thanks in large part to the Wrangler Unlimited…. But that particular vehicle actually looks better as a four door (IMO) because it is so stubby in it’s traditional two door form. That four door Unlimited opened up the Jeep market to families looking for the most manly mall cruiser they could buy….. and so sales exploded. Is this going to hold true of the Bronco? The Two door Bronco is a magnificently proportioned beast (I mean, C’mon). The four door is… different. Yes, it has a broader market appeal - I give you that…. But appeal and tastes change. That is why we are on Gen 6 after a 25 year hiatus, after all. If there is one constant in the Universe, it is that tastes change. The four door Bronc might dominate for a year, 5 years, or 10 - but it won’t dominate forever. Nothing does.
Ehhhhhhhhh, sure. The same way we won’t be riding around in vehicles with wheels forever. As far as the 2d/4d argument goes, no. 2d will never overtake 4d in popularity where both are offered.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We shall see…the trend toward 4 doors has been decades long…I don’t think it’s a trend anymore, it’s a permanent move. Even most guys who build Jeeps to go off road build 4 doors these days. To each his own…but the 4 door Bronco crushes the 4 door Jeep in looks…and watch this video and tell me which version of the Bronco looks better side by side. It’s not close to me…4 is better.

But I’m glad people have the choice. I wish the 2 door insecure crowd would stop piping in on totally unrelated topics though (not speaking to the person quoted).

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We shall see…the trend toward 4 doors has been decades long…I don’t think it’s a trend anymore, it’s a permanent move. Even most guys who build Jeeps to go off road build 4 doors these days. To each his own…but the 4 door Bronco crushes the 4 door Jeep in looks…and watch this video and tell me which version of the Bronco looks better side by side. It’s not close to me…4 is better.

But I’m glad people have the choice. I wish the 2 door insecure crowd would stop piping in on totally unrelated topics though (not speaking to the person quoted).
Thank you for that, I wasn’t bashing the four door. A lot of experienced Bronco enthusiasts have ordered that version, and as you say - very glad we have the choice. If I had to buy a Wrangler, it would definitely be the Unlimited version.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand why it exists but I wish there wasnt a 4dr Bronco. There never was a 4dr Bronco just like there never was a 4dr Charger or 4dr Mustang like the Mach E. I know...if the 4dr didnt exist they probably wouldnt have made the new one but 🤮
Get over it.... for chrissakes...

There never was a 4 door bronco (stomps feet like a petulant 3 yr old)

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
LOL, welcome to B6G !!!!
Once they hit full production they'll make 1000 Broncos a day!!!
Gotta start slow and work out the bugs, steady increases, which shows on the white board, even over the course of just a week!!! This is GREAT NEWS !!!!

BTW, 2021 expected production is now around 40/50 thousand. Down from 60-ish.
Wait, if they hit full production in August and that's 1000 a day, even at only 5 days a week that's 20,000 Broncos a month. 4 months of full 2021 production from August through November. That's 80,000 2021 Broncos. That's not including what's being built now till August. Why are we down to 40-50k?
Sponsored