manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi Guys! I need some ideas on what rims and lift I will need on my BD non squatch order (Area 51). I don't have a build date yet on mine but would like to have plenty of time to choose the aftermarket upgrades I would like and order them ahead of time to get them installed as soon as I get my Bronco.

I would ideally like to go with 35" tires (Nitto Grappler or Similar) W / 20" rims. What size lift should I get? Offset? Rim Width? I have no clue. I will be doing a fender delete which I think will look pretty nice. In reference to off-roading I will be doing... it wont be much! Pavement princess or possible dirt roads is about it.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ft.S

First Name
Ft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are there many different proven options on the market at this time for such kits?

OP
OP
Miamibronco7777
First Name
manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are there many different proven options on the market at this time for such kits?
I just edited it, I meant more in what size lift versus actual kit.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Miamibronco7777
First Name
manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

going from the 32" to a 35" you may need to re-gear the differentials too.
I don't believe my Ford dealer can do that.. What is the issue with it? I heard from a friend of mine about having to reprogram with the speedometer to deal with the issue of it being off with the different size tires. I didn't mention that I opted for the V6 on my build.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a toyota pickup with 35's and for it re-gearing the differentials is a must. For off road you can use low range more often but for street driving re-gearing is the only answer.

For prices call up some local shops and the Bronco should cost about the same as a ranger to re-gear.

Near me there is a place called "Coast Driveline & Gear " I don't know what is near you but there would be something like that. Give them a call.

Last edited:

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

going from the 32" to a 35" you may need to re-gear the differentials too.
I'm probably going to 35's and no chance I am regearing. 4.46 will be just fine unless the OP is going to be doing some heavy duty rock crawling.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi Guys! I need some ideas on what rims and lift I will need on my BD non squatch order (Area 51). I don't have a build date yet on mine but would like to have plenty of time to choose the aftermarket upgrades I would like and order them ahead of time to get them installed as soon as I get my Bronco.

I would ideally like to go with 35" tires (Nitto Grappler or Similar) W / 20" rims. What size lift should I get? Offset? Rim Width? I have no clue. I will be doing a fender delete which I think will look pretty nice. In reference to off-roading I will be doing... it wont be much! Pavement princess or possible dirt roads is about it.

Thanks in advance!
Just add the Sasquatch pakage going to cost you more money to go the route you going plus labor and it won’t be under warranty

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't believe my Ford dealer can do that.. What is the issue with it? I heard from a friend of mine about having to reprogram with the speedometer to deal with the issue of it being off with the different size tires. I didn't mention that I opted for the V6 on my build.
The BD comes with the same gearing (4.46) as the automatic Badlands. It has better gearing then the automatic Base/BB/OBX. The Base/BB/BD trims with manual transmissions all have 4.46 gearing also. So you might not need to regear with the BD and 35's.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm probably going to 35's and no chance I am regearing. 4.46 will be just fine unless the OP is going to be doing some heavy duty rock crawling.
Yes. IMO the biggest issue will be the front differential strength if off-roaded beyond light. Ford performance is selling the M210 with 4.46 gears and a locker so if the OP grenades it he can upgrade.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. IMO the biggest issue will be the front differential strength if off-roaded beyond light. Ford performance is selling the M210 with 4.46 gears and a locker so if the OP grenades it he can upgrade.
Badlands comes standard with the big front diff so I wouldn't worry about it.
Sponsored