Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep Adds Gorilla Glass Windshield Option to Gladiator & Wrangler (roadandtrack.com)

We all know that the steep angle of the JK / JL / JT windshield makes them prone to impact damage, so it looks like Jeep is offering a stronger glass windshield. Given the slope of the Bronco windshield I wonder if this would be an issue as well. I would gladly spend an extra $95.00 for a Gorilla Glass windshield and I hope Ford offers this soon. Thoughts if the Bronco will have the same issue with cracked windshields as the Wranglers?
Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep Adds Gorilla Glass Windshield Option to Gladiator & Wrangler (roadandtrack.com)

We all know that the steep angle of the JK / JL / JT windshield makes them prone to impact damage, so it looks like Jeep is offering a stronger glass windshield. Given the slope of the Bronco windshield I wonder if this would be an issue as well. I would gladly spend an extra $95.00 for a Gorilla Glass windshield and I hope Ford offers this soon. Thoughts if the Bronco will have the same issue with cracked windshields as the Wranglers?
I would definitely add this in the aftermarket if it's available.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm. Is lane centering tech available on the Wrangler? I’ve admittedly not paid attention much recently.

The reason I ask is the windshields are ‘special’ when you have a vehicle equipped with the center high mounted camera and the cost seems to go up astronomically.

Wonder if the gorilla glass can handle sensor laden vehicles..

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like a great idea if it works and I am sure the Bronco will be subject to similar windshield issues!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting option.

I do plan on getting the front hood deflector. Although it may not stop all rock chips, I do think it will help, and I don’t mind the look either/will protect the front lip of the hood from rock dings as well.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hmm. Is lane centering tech available on the Wrangler? I’ve admittedly not paid attention much recently.

The reason I ask is the windshields are ‘special’ when you have a vehicle equipped with the center high mounted camera and the cost seems to go up astronomically.

Lol. I don’t think it is. With the solid front axle and the factory gear boxes it would be working ALOT to keep it centered.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i don't think the bronco will be as susceptible as the jeep. the bronco's windshield has more of a curve and an angle to it so it will not take impacts as direct.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Wow this is great
I've dropped my brand new phone numerous times and there's no even a glimmer of a scratch or crack on it. The latest Gorilla Glass is truly tough

Sponsored

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Gorilla glass is used extensively on phones and covers a wide array of sensors, camera lenses and more. I think it would be fine.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wrangler owners be like “I can lower my windshield… Can YOU do that in your BrOnCo??!”

… As they can peppered with bugs and rocks driving down the road…

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Up here in AK with all the gravel used on the roads I'm used to replacing windshields every 1-2 years anyhow. I expect the Bronco's design to be a rock magnet.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interesting option.

I do plan on getting the front hood deflector. Although it may not stop all rock chips, I do think it will help, and I don’t mind the look either/will protect the front lip of the hood from rock dings as well.
I was looking at that. Cheap price too.
Just need to see it in person before I commit