Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw, Mustang, Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

While I'm sure it's little solace to those with early reservations and still no VIN, yesterday's announcement was a huge step forward in Bringing Back Bronco. While there is a LOT to be excited about, it's worth tempering our expectations a bit a lot of yesterday's info.

Production:
- MAP is currently pushing out about 125 a shift, and that will swell to 150 a shift by Friday. The next stepped target increase will be 200 per shift, but don't look for them to ramp up to that too quickly. MAP has a sterling reputation for quality and management won't sacrifice that for speed.
- Bronco's body shop (remember that Bronco and Ranger have fully separate body shops that "Y" feed onto one final assembly line) hit over *300* bodies completed during a single shift yesterday, a major milestone in getting the entire operation up to full speed. Body won't be pushing out these numbers consistently until Final Assembly can keep up, but the systems are working.
- With 125,000 reservations converted to orders, we could be looking at late Q2 2022 for completion of reservations as long as no other major constraints pop up. Earlier estimates were mid- to late-Q3.
- There was understandably a lot of enthusiasm yesterday when the early production stats showed 35% of rigs produced up to that point were 2-door models. However, please understand that this ratio was skewed by production of the dealer demo units (many of which were 2 doors). 2-door production will remain constrained by roof issues. See below.

Constraints:
- Roofs. While Tow, Squatch, and Lux packages are running a bit behind demand, the MIC hardtop remains the biggest constraint in getting your rig. Webasto's Plymouth plant is fairly well staffed now with training ongoing, but the pace of MIC tops built by Ford employees (mainly coming from Flat Rock) over their shut down won't be matched for a while. Expect 2 door MIC tops to lag behind 4 door MIC tops for the summer.
- In a bit of good news for the 2-door crowd, the floorpan issue has been addressed to satisfaction.
- I have not heard a completely firm answer on the MY22 mod tops, but it's looking more likely that they'll come out of Plymouth as originally planned instead of trying to get a new supplier moving this late in the game. With Ford's continued presence at that plant, I'm optimistic that this is the better course of action.

The Bronco Brand:
- Conquest results of both Sport sales and Bronco 2/4dr reservations is widely outpacing targets, showing strong proof of concept in the 3-model launch portfolio. Warthog's announcement isn't too far off, and I expect we could see the next member of the Bronco family debut in the next 18 months (even if in concept form).
- The bespoke "Bronco" showroom options - developed by Ford at the request of dealers - will play a part in the brand's second wave of growth as first wave deliveries wrap up. I can't say too much more, but these will be much more than upfitting and accessory displays.

Going Forward:
Things are really moving now. If you're an early reservation holder who didn't defer to MY22 for the mod top, you should be hearing something in the next few weeks of scheduling. If you had an order (mostly 2 doors) pushed from June to July to August, there's hope that you'll be pulled back forward once roof supply picks up a bit. The last wave of delays was more of a "worst case scenario" to avoid even more disappointment. I would expect targets and dates from here on out to be sandbagged a bit in the hope of overdelivering.
if we pushed to MY22, if the above is correct, we are looking at summer 2022 the earliest? wow
Sponsored

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I'm sure it's little solace to those with early reservations and still no VIN, yesterday's announcement was a huge step forward in Bringing Back Bronco. While there is a LOT to be excited about, it's worth tempering our expectations a bit a lot of yesterday's info.

Production:
- MAP is currently pushing out about 125 a shift, and that will swell to 150 a shift by Friday. The next stepped target increase will be 200 per shift, but don't look for them to ramp up to that too quickly. MAP has a sterling reputation for quality and management won't sacrifice that for speed.
- Bronco's body shop (remember that Bronco and Ranger have fully separate body shops that "Y" feed onto one final assembly line) hit over *300* bodies completed during a single shift yesterday, a major milestone in getting the entire operation up to full speed. Body won't be pushing out these numbers consistently until Final Assembly can keep up, but the systems are working.
- With 125,000 reservations converted to orders, we could be looking at late Q2 2022 for completion of reservations as long as no other major constraints pop up. Earlier estimates were mid- to late-Q3.
- There was understandably a lot of enthusiasm yesterday when the early production stats showed 35% of rigs produced up to that point were 2-door models. However, please understand that this ratio was skewed by production of the dealer demo units (many of which were 2 doors). 2-door production will remain constrained by roof issues. See below.

Constraints:
- Roofs. While Tow, Squatch, and Lux packages are running a bit behind demand, the MIC hardtop remains the biggest constraint in getting your rig. Webasto's Plymouth plant is fairly well staffed now with training ongoing, but the pace of MIC tops built by Ford employees (mainly coming from Flat Rock) over their shut down won't be matched for a while. Expect 2 door MIC tops to lag behind 4 door MIC tops for the summer.
- In a bit of good news for the 2-door crowd, the floorpan issue has been addressed to satisfaction.
- I have not heard a completely firm answer on the MY22 mod tops, but it's looking more likely that they'll come out of Plymouth as originally planned instead of trying to get a new supplier moving this late in the game. With Ford's continued presence at that plant, I'm optimistic that this is the better course of action.

The Bronco Brand:
- Conquest results of both Sport sales and Bronco 2/4dr reservations is widely outpacing targets, showing strong proof of concept in the 3-model launch portfolio. Warthog's announcement isn't too far off, and I expect we could see the next member of the Bronco family debut in the next 18 months (even if in concept form).
- The bespoke "Bronco" showroom options - developed by Ford at the request of dealers - will play a part in the brand's second wave of growth as first wave deliveries wrap up. I can't say too much more, but these will be much more than upfitting and accessory displays.

Going Forward:
Things are really moving now. If you're an early reservation holder who didn't defer to MY22 for the mod top, you should be hearing something in the next few weeks of scheduling. If you had an order (mostly 2 doors) pushed from June to July to August, there's hope that you'll be pulled back forward once roof supply picks up a bit. The last wave of delays was more of a "worst case scenario" to avoid even more disappointment. I would expect targets and dates from here on out to be sandbagged a bit in the hope of overdelivering.

This is exactly what makes Bronco6G such a valuable site and keeps many us informed when Ford and their dealers aren't. Thanks for the update

Machine Gun Fury

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No priority that I am aware of. I think that it's based on the allocation of vehicles that went through military auto sales, but I am no one special and was not given any priority or special treatment.

Unless you are aware of any special priority given to military auto sales.
MAS has a complete different system than a normal reservation holder as we couldn't reserve through Fords system. We were just "in line" locally through your MAS rep. The MAS rep could only order them as soon as the order banks opened around the 19th of January. The difference is that deployed/overseas military orders were of the first built from what I am told. As we don't have a reservation timestamp and are not working with a dealer.

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Kfmathern

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru outback, Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Production:

Constraints:

The Bronco Brand:

Going Forward:
This is great info, thanks so much for that! What does early reservation mean? I reserved on 7/15/2020 so I would hope I'm in that category.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

if we pushed to MY22, if the above is correct, we are looking at summer 2022 the earliest? wow
I didn't read it that way, and I don't see why people are. If we wait for or get pushed to MY 22, production starts in January, and as it seems now, everyone should have the MY 22 Bronco by the end of June. That is what it says.

That has a huge dependency on Mod Top production launch and scaling. There is also a secondary dependency on how many more 2022 orders Ford gets from reservation holders who haven't entered a 99'ed order yet.

ChrisE

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw, Mustang, Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didn't read it that way, and I don't see why people are. If we wait for or get pushed to MY 22, production starts in January, and as it seems now, everyone should have the MY 22 Bronco by the end of June. That is what it says.

That has a huge dependency on Mod Top production launch and scaling. There is also a secondary dependency on how many more 2022 orders Ford gets from reservation holders who haven't entered a 99'ed order yet.
Obviously, everything is speculation, but I would assume anyone who converted an order would be in line before someone who hasn't regardless of what MY they wind up getting. If it's going to take till Q2 to fulfill 125K orders and then I place mine this fall when the 22 bank opens, just guessing I'm built after these, option constraints aside. And by the time it actually shows up at the dealer.... Quite honestly, I'm not counting days. At this point, when they tell me my truck is in, it's in. I've moved on until that day

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Without this forum & thoughtful insiders like Ross, I never would have made it thru the maze. Now, I'm ~2 months away from posting a 'driveway' pic. Thanks to everyone who helped along the way!
There is nothing from stopping you posting pictures of your driveway now, unless it has the Jeep in it, then we don't need to see that.

Things are not moving forward until all 6/13 and 7/14 reservation are scheduled this model year. Terrible Launch. What was Ford thinking?
Hey, for a good time I challenge you to call or head down to your local Toyota dealer and try to custom order a Tacoma...

No, no, i'll wait......

Ford Bronco The Morning After: Bronco Production News Update and Notes [June 16] The-Love-Guru-Stuff-His-Face-With-Popcorn[1]

What's that? Toyota has stopped dealerships from being able to enter custom orders or cancelling them immediately as they are looking at somewhere between 4-12 months of back-log and commodity constraints so they can't reliably build vehicles right now? If you put in your special order 6 months ago you're currently on hold and have no build date or estimate from Toyota

HOLY CRAP! It's like other OEM's than Ford are actually living here in 2021 like it's 2021! THIS IS SHOCKING!!!! FORD LOST ME!!!!

Whatever extra juju is in the bongwater you're drinking, I want to get my hands on that elixir of truth and understanding, because it sounds like you've been snorting sour grapes in some sort of time machine that has you stuck in 2019 (a very good year!). Enjoy your trip!

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You might want to read the thousands of posts related to the launch delays. The biggest issue was and is the top supplier, that was driven in large part by a host of Covid issues. Several forum members with direct involvement have discussed the issues and several more have explained them in detail out of public view. GM is shipping trucks that don’t run, many Ford dealers are completely out of F150s, a family member ordered a new Tundra (and we have a family member that works for Toyota that facilitated the deal) and it took 5 months. It wasn’t planned and Ford has certainly missed the mark on several issues, but it’s not like they don’t want to get them into customers hands.
I know all about it. Know that Ford stated the chip shortage does not effect the Bronco. Know how Ford has already scheduled thousands ordered after the first week, so much for the timestamp.
Also Ford advertised interiors that is not available during their so called launch. They had 12 months to get ready for the 60-100k mic roofs to go on 21my Broncos. Jeep is having no issue with their tops. Ford dropped the ball on this one.
Not a Ford employee and certainly not acting in any official capacity. I spent a lot of years working in journalism and did a great deal of freelance writing for auto industry publications. Lots of good sources, a lifelong driver of Fords, and a personal investment with a 7/13 9:45pm Bronco 4 door reservation brought me here to share what I'm able to.
Is yours scheduled?

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I HAVE A SUGGESTION: Maybe FORD should STOP taking more reservations until they actually get caught up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then once caught up there should be no need for a reservation system, you order it and it comes when it comes...like al other vehicles. Why continue taking reservations when they are so far behind with the initial launch reservation holders? I will say to reserve in July of 2020 and possibly not take delivery until May-June of 2022......may be a huge let down for many.

Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is nothing from stopping you posting pictures of your driveway now, unless it has the Jeep in it, then we don't need to see that.

Hey, for a good time I challenge you to call or head down to your local Toyota dealer and try to custom order a Tacoma...

No, no, i'll wait......

Ford Bronco The Morning After: Bronco Production News Update and Notes [June 16] The-Love-Guru-Stuff-His-Face-With-Popcorn[1]

What's that? Toyota has stopped dealerships from being able to enter custom orders or cancelling them immediately as they are looking at somewhere between 4-12 months of back-log and commodity constraints so they can't reliably build vehicles right now? If you put in your special order 6 months ago you're currently on hold and have no build date or estimate from Toyota

HOLY CRAP! It's like other OEM's than Ford are actually living here in 2021 like it's 2021! THIS IS SHOCKING!!!! FORD LOST ME!!!!

Whatever extra juju is in the bongwater you're drinking, I want to get my hands on that elixir of truth and understanding, because it sounds like you've been snorting sour grapes in some sort of time machine that has you stuck in 2019 (a very good year!). Enjoy your trip!
Been there done that, my TRD was terrible! But Jeep orders are being completed in 4-6 weeks, even with the elusive Webasto tops.

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Been there done that, my TRD was terrible! But Jeep orders are being completed in 4-6 weeks, even with the elusive Webasto tops.
There are over 40 Jeeps sitting, unsold, at all times at the dealership down the street. Amazing what you can do when you've made the same exact model for 20 years using the same parts that have been piled up sky high in warehouses to keep your UAW labor gangs placated.

Now go make something new today, using globally sourced parts.

desibull

Black Diamond
First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Production:

Constraints:

The Bronco Brand:

Going Forward:
Thanks for the detailed update!!