Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The OP has given us better communication from a PR stand point then Ford themselves.
Because he's not bound by risk, or having to slander the name of the company if he's wrong even in the slightest.

Ford has a ton of liability with every communication it makes to it's customers. Every wrong step can cost billions or enrage a customer base.

OEM's have used outside people to "leak" internal information for nearly a century when they aren't able to for a variety of reasons.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a 7/20/21 reservation holder (order placed early Feb) for a 4 door Bad Squatch with 2.7, tow and MIC - I'm not expecting to see a Bronco in my driveway until next year :(

Sponsored
OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Because he's not bound by risk, or having to slander the name of the company if he's wrong even in the slightest.

Ford has a ton of liability with every communication it makes to it's customers. Every wrong step can cost billions or enrage a customer base.

OEM's have used outside people to "leak" internal information for nearly a century when they aren't able to for a variety of reasons.
100% agree. There's a few specific instances where I feel like they could have done better, but the scale and scope of this project is unprecedented from a customer relations standpoint. They've done well, all things considered.

Also, I know Mike gets a lot of heat around here but in my experience he's a solid guy. He "gets" trucks much better than most other Comms suits, and his enthusiasm for the products and what Ford is doing is great.

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I'm sure it's little solace to those with early reservations and still no VIN, yesterday's announcement was a huge step forward in Bringing Back Bronco. While there is a LOT to be excited about, it's worth tempering our expectations a bit a lot of yesterday's info.

Production:
- MAP is currently pushing out about 125 a shift, and that will swell to 150 a shift by Friday. The next stepped target increase will be 200 per shift, but don't look for them to ramp up to that too quickly. MAP has a sterling reputation for quality and management won't sacrifice that for speed.
- Bronco's body shop (remember that Bronco and Ranger have fully separate body shops that "Y" feed onto one final assembly line) hit over *300* bodies completed during a single shift yesterday, a major milestone in getting the entire operation up to full speed. Body won't be pushing out these numbers consistently until Final Assembly can keep up, but the systems are working.
- With 125,000 reservations converted to orders, we could be looking at late Q2 2022 for completion of reservations as long as no other major constraints pop up. Earlier estimates were mid- to late-Q3.
- There was understandably a lot of enthusiasm yesterday when the early production stats showed 35% of rigs produced up to that point were 2-door models. However, please understand that this ratio was skewed by production of the dealer demo units (many of which were 2 doors). 2-door production will remain constrained by roof issues. See below.

Constraints:
- Roofs. While Tow, Squatch, and Lux packages are running a bit behind demand, the MIC hardtop remains the biggest constraint in getting your rig. Webasto's Plymouth plant is fairly well staffed now with training ongoing, but the pace of MIC tops built by Ford employees (mainly coming from Flat Rock) over their shut down won't be matched for a while. Expect 2 door MIC tops to lag behind 4 door MIC tops for the summer.
- In a bit of good news for the 2-door crowd, the floorpan issue has been addressed to satisfaction.
- I have not heard a completely firm answer on the MY22 mod tops, but it's looking more likely that they'll come out of Plymouth as originally planned instead of trying to get a new supplier moving this late in the game. With Ford's continued presence at that plant, I'm optimistic that this is the better course of action.

The Bronco Brand:
- Conquest results of both Sport sales and Bronco 2/4dr reservations is widely outpacing targets, showing strong proof of concept in the 3-model launch portfolio. Warthog's announcement isn't too far off, and I expect we could see the next member of the Bronco family debut in the next 18 months (even if in concept form).
- The bespoke "Bronco" showroom options - developed by Ford at the request of dealers - will play a part in the brand's second wave of growth as first wave deliveries wrap up. I can't say too much more, but these will be much more than upfitting and accessory displays.

Going Forward:
Things are really moving now. If you're an early reservation holder who didn't defer to MY22 for the mod top, you should be hearing something in the next few weeks of scheduling. If you had an order (mostly 2 doors) pushed from June to July to August, there's hope that you'll be pulled back forward once roof supply picks up a bit. The last wave of delays was more of a "worst case scenario" to avoid even more disappointment. I would expect targets and dates from here on out to be sandbagged a bit in the hope of overdelivering.
You the MVP. Just curious how do you know all this?

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you again for all the updates @PREMiERdrum ! As my order has been pushed back a couple times already, I'm hoping you are right and some of us see their orders pushed up earlier.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well thank goodness they haven't done any of that!

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well thank goodness they haven't done any of that!
Ford has already outlaid at least $3 billion in bringing Bronco to market. Likely closer to $5B at minimum.

So what's your point? The billions already spent were just to stay warm at night, and it's all a ruse?

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are over 40 Jeeps sitting, unsold, at all times at the dealership down the street. Amazing what you can do when you've made the same exact model for 20 years using the same parts that have been piled up sky high in warehouses to keep your UAW labor gangs placated.

Now go make something new today, using globally sourced parts.
Except the tops are made by the same company using the same parts, same machines, same compound just in different dimensions, which they've have known for over a year.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Except the tops are made by the same company using the same parts, same machines, same compound just in different dimensions, which they've have known for over a year.
I bet the first time you ever had your parents put shoes on you, you just tied them right up.

First time on a bike you were challenging Lance for race wins and ball count.

Your first time water skiing was in the X-games

A miracle child if ever there was one! Engineers from around the world should be throwing billions at you for this sort of amazing insight into perfection and to solve all problems.

I'm clearly not a pragmatic man, but i'd bet that getting tooling and materials sorted wasn't sorted out to perfection the first time they whipped out a roll of duct tape and saran wrap.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got a mid Aug reservation but I got a feeling I won't see mine tell about June or later of 2021 because Ford well change its mine about feeling out orders first and start feeling dealers lots first .
Sponsored