First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For a lot of us, me in particular, It's all in good fun.
At this point, it's a challenge to me, to see if I can modify something in a new and still funny way.
šŸ¤£
I am fully aware that the only reason a 2 Door Bronco and/or Jeep is available, is because of the 4 Door models.
I am really very pragmatic about the whole thing... The debate about 2 vs 4 door is much alike that of sexual preference.

If you are gay, great, you just took two guys off the field and left an excess allocation of women for those men who are not gay. I don't see a downside (which is why I never understood people who were anti-gay).

If you want a 4 door, great, that means that there are more 2 door allocations available to us who want a 2 door. Same here, I don't understand why anyone would be anti-4 door or anti-2 door.
Sponsored

Silvercloud

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1991 BMW 325i/2021 Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand why it exists but I wish there wasnt a 4dr Bronco. There never was a 4dr Bronco just like there never was a 4dr Charger or 4dr Mustang like the Mach E. I know...if the 4dr didnt exist they probably wouldnt have made the new one but šŸ¤®
I agree... but times they are a changing! I personally only wanted a 2 door. I think the 2 door looks the best, but starting a young family I had to compromise and get the 4 door. Keeping the wife happy and getting a new bronco works out for me!

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That was based on daily production numbers for this week. According to another member, this will ramp up August 1 with a total day number of 1000; with the addition of Saturday shifts.
Good to know. Thank you!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Day shift body shop pumped out over 300 Broncos today. Final is still slower but they're starting to hit their stride.
I understand how that works Ross. I worked quite a few new brand start ups in my previous job. It was quite amazing how the manufacturing workers were able to ramp up as they went. And that's not easy, I had to do it myself on several occasions. It's kind of like learning a new dance step. :)

Sponsored

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I understand why it exists but I wish there wasnt a 4dr Bronco. There never was a 4dr Bronco just like there never was a 4dr Charger or 4dr Mustang like the Mach E. I know...if the 4dr didnt exist they probably wouldnt have made the new one but šŸ¤®
There never was a mass produced v8 until 1932. The battleship owned the ocean until Pearl Harbor now they are all scraped. Man never set foot on the moon until he did. Give the ppl what they want. At least there is a 2 door option. I mean look at the blazer!

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Precisely. Everyone talks about the Bronco going out of production, but it really just evolved into the Expedition. No one talks about Chevy cancelling the Blazer, but that is really the same story as it evolved into the Tahoe (there was a 2 door Tahoe for a while which I think made the transition a bit smoother). The Bronco was a cooler name though and had an iconic logo. No one cares about the Blazer anymore especially since it's now a crossover.
I have to disagree with you on the blazer. I am pretty sure they were making 4 door blazers and Tahoeā€™s at the exact same time. I remember upselling rental customers to Tahoeā€™s from blazers back in the day.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to disagree with you on the blazer. I am pretty sure they were making 4 door blazers and Tahoeā€™s at the exact same time. I remember upselling rental customers to Tahoeā€™s from blazers back in the day.

I actually did some reading on this yesterday after I posted to refresh my memory. A new Blazer was introduced in 1992 along with the renamed GMC Yukon. They were both still 2 doors at that point. The Blazer continued through 1994. In 1995, they changed the name to "Tahoe" and introduced a 4 door model. The 2 door option continued until 1999. In 2000, a new Tahoe was introduced as a 4-door only.

Here's what gets confusing. Chevy had a smaller SUV called the S-10 Blazer. In 1995, when the Blazer became the Tahoe, the S-10 Blazer became just the Blazer. So, yes, there was a 4-door Blazer sold simultaneously with the Tahoe. But, by then, it was the smaller Blazer similar to the Bronco II. That continued until 2005. They had a Trailblazer sometime after that.

So, yeah, the Blazer name did seem to stick around for a while. So, maybe my analogy is not quite what I originally thought. Still, it's now a crossover, so it's a big yawner.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree... but times they are a changing! I personally only wanted a 2 door. I think the 2 door looks the best, but starting a young family I had to compromise and get the 4 door. Keeping the wife happy and getting a new bronco works out for me!
What happened to when guys wanted to do something with their buddy instead of the family all the time!!!
Iā€™d get the wife a four-door if they werenā€™t so expensive just so weā€™d have both!
But being over 50, I donā€™t know anything but a two door Bronco
When I was a kid and my dad was a kid all the rebels had two doors!
Thereā€™s square parents had the four doors!

Sponsored

Silvercloud

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1991 BMW 325i/2021 Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What happened to when guys wanted to do something with their buddy instead of the family all the time!!!
Iā€™d get the wife a four-door if they werenā€™t so expensive just so weā€™d have both!
But being over 50, I donā€™t know anything but a two door Bronco
When I was a kid and my dad was a kid all the rebels had two doors!
Thereā€™s square parents had the four doors!
Haha, I hear you. My profile picture is my Dad in front of his Bronco back in the early 70's in Colorado. My original order was a 2 door, but that didn't make it out of committee, so I am happy getting the family wagon. haha

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
lol.. there never was a car, why do we need one now? we should all still be riding horses!!
"old man shakes fist at clouds"

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol.. there never was a car, why do we need one now? we should all still be riding horses!!
"old man shakes fist at clouds"
People get real worked up about some change. Like I want to buckle up a new born or toddler in a 2 door. If I was only ever going to solo ride or with a single passenger, sure a 2 door is awesome. But with a family and friends, 4 door just seems better overall.