Sponsored

How are you planning on protecting your bronco once you get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Too paranoid. I have insurance and will be taking mine in the woods. I don’t have a single concern. I’m more worried about parking my truck places than the though of taking the Bronco anywhere.
Sponsored

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Valid concern!
I am feeling it too!
However.... I cannot WAIT to park it in the way back away from every car and their owner, and answer questions. It will most certainly be an attention getter for awhile.
With that.... def getting a tracker on it and whatever else sounds like good protection!
you park in the back, someone in a beater will come park right next to you ;)

Sponsored

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm fairly certain that my bronco will be the first and possibly only one in my town for a while. I have a build date and just got a call from the Dealer about a delivery date. That being said, I am worried about all the interest/attention my bronco will attract. So much so that I am worried about gawkers, onlookers, question askers and mostly people intentionally damaging or stealing my new ride. Am I being all paranoid? and if not, is there anyone else taking this into consideration?
Keep it in your garage.

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll probably have Ravelco install their kill switch in the first couple of months. Kind of see how many thefts get reported, no idea how hard or easy it is to steal these rolling computers. (why there isn't a kill switch option in the app is odd though, I can remote start it, I should be able to remote stop it too)
I'll have at least one set of security lug nuts to make stealing the spare/tires harder. But that's about it. I'll park it at the store where I always park and since I'll never take the doors off, I'll roll up the windows to make touching less likely.

I'm not a car talk guy at all, so anyone trying to chat me up will get a short and friendly answer and I'll make sure to look really busy and drive off. I have zero interest in listening to somebody whine how Ford "betrayed" them and the roof problem and yada yada yada, nor do I have interest in comparing horse power or listening to some dolt telling me that my 4 door is not a "real" Bronco, LOL. (hey buddy, check the front, what does it say there???)

I'm sure my Cyber Orange Badsquatch will attract attention here and there, but I'm buying it for me and that's the only color I like. And if somebody says "nice Jeep" I'll thank them and move on.

I don't think I'll have to deal with jealous assholes doing damage or tossing trash in where I live.

In the end it'll also all depend on the person looking/asking, there are some people on this forum I'd love to meet, others I hope to never encounter 🙃

In general, don't worry, have insurance and enjoy the ride!
That's all great advice. I just can't swallow the "nice jeep" stuff. That stuff stays in your gut like heavy metals. There's a little old lady that I still won't talk to because she once said, "I love your jeep".

TurnerNHooch

Badlands
First Name
Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ & all the F150s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm fairly certain that my bronco will be the first and possibly only one in my town for a while. I have a build date and just got a call from the Dealer about a delivery date. That being said, I am worried about all the interest/attention my bronco will attract. So much so that I am worried about gawkers, onlookers, question askers and mostly people intentionally damaging or stealing my new ride. Am I being all paranoid? and if not, is there anyone else taking this into consideration?
In all seriousness though, as one of the first in your area, it would be foolish for someone to steal it. It will stand out like a sore thumb and will be easy to spot by authorities. We will be installing GPS as we do with the rest of our fleet and I expect I'll be using my Ford "mea culpa" cash on dash cams.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Too paranoid. I have insurance and will be taking mine in the woods. I don’t have a single concern. I’m more worried about parking my truck places than the though of taking the Bronco anywhere.
I’m always concerned about parking at a trailhead and coming back to it 3 or 4 days later. No so much about the loss, but being stranded in the backcountry. I’ve never had anything happen to any of my rigs, but it is a nagging worry of mine. Not enough to alter my plans, but the thought is there.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
nor do I have interest in comparing horse power or listening to some dolt telling me that my 4 door is not a "real" Bronco, LOL. (hey buddy, check the front, what does it say there???)
I fully accept that a four door that says "Bronco" on the front is every bit as authentic as one that has 'Sport' after it. As in "Bronco Sport"...

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep it in your garage.
I don't have any mischief concerns, but mine won't fit in my garage. That really stinks too because I would like to take the top off for extended periods.

I have a stupid garage door height. I often think about renovating that whole situation.

JZZ

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Way too paranoid. Drive it and enjoy it. It's an SUV. 99% of the population won't give it a second look or care what it is.
Its only special on this forum other than that it just another car to most people , just enjoy and appreciate that you have one
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.