Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I"m new to all of this. Mind explaining why 17'' wheels are better than a larger wheel?
Sure,

For off roading, you want as much rubber (sidewall) as possible, because when you go off road in dirt, mud, rocks, sand, or snow, you want to air down. So, let's say you start with your 37s on the highway with 40 PSI (example). When off roading, you want to go as low as 12 PSI or even 8 PSI if you have beads locked. For light to medium off road trails, 15-20 PSI will be low enough. It improves the ride quality for your back, and makes a larger contact patch.

Off road tires are built to run almost flat and should be driven almost flat off road for going over rocks without puncture (mostly) and to give you much more traction on the ground since these tires have aggressive lugs and tread patterns. This is same for AT or MT (ALL or Mud Terrain) tires.

Also, if you're out in the sticks, replacing a 20" off road tire will be impossible,

Globally, you'd run 16" wheels on 32" or 33" tires and not any larger. Only here in the USA does anyone really wheel with 35s or larger, because MERICA!

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I"m new to all of this. Mind explaining why 17'' wheels are better than a larger wheel?
Taller sidewall on the tire is far better off-road. Lighter weight wheel and tire combo as well.

Sponsored

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can someone explain to me the Additional Overall Height of going from SAS (35") to 4" lift and 37" tires?
Is it a true 4" + the difference in tire size....or ????

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody else notice what appears to be a huge gap between the rear window and B-pillar?

Ford Bronco Bronco on 4" lift with 37s by Maxlider Brothers 1623965221627
Looks like when they put the door back on they didn’t get the top of the door hooked in right ..

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Can someone explain to me the Additional Overall Height of going from SAS (35") to 4" lift and 37" tires?
Is it a true 4" + the difference in tire size....or ????
Looks like ??? to me.

Let's assume 4" over stock - if they are claiming 4" suspension lift, that would be 2.8 over squatch. Add the tire radius increase in, and your at something like 3.8" over squatch.

Honestly though, that wheel to fender gap at the top looks smaller than squatch, and it should be about 2" more. So I am not buying a 2.8" suspension lift.

(Edit): come to think of it, if Squatch is about 3” over stock with tires, then this is probably a Squatched Bronco with 37s no suspension mods.

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Venn Diagram of "thinks 20's are a good call for an off-roader" and "thinks super slow, pensive covers of 'Sweet Dreams' are badass" is a perfect circle, and I want to drop-kick both into the sun
Manson slowed it down fine, but yeah, I wasn’t digging the video or music. Am I the only one who saw some weird stuff after it was over? If so I’ve got to clear my browser history.

Sponsored

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure,

For off roading, you want as much rubber (sidewall) as possible, because when you go off road in dirt, mud, rocks, sand, or snow, you want to air down. So, let's say you start with your 37s on the highway with 40 PSI (example). When off roading, you want to go as low as 12 PSI or even 8 PSI if you have beads locked. For light to medium off road trails, 15-20 PSI will be low enough. It improves the ride quality for your back, and makes a larger contact patch.

Off road tires are built to run almost flat and should be driven almost flat off road for going over rocks without puncture (mostly) and to give you much more traction on the ground since these tires have aggressive lugs and tread patterns. This is same for AT or MT (ALL or Mud Terrain) tires.

Also, if you're out in the sticks, replacing a 20" off road tire will be impossible,

Globally, you'd run 16" wheels on 32" or 33" tires and not any larger. Only here in the USA does anyone really wheel with 35s or larger, because MERICA!
Wow! that is super helpful! So, based on the above - having the outerbanks package non sas - those tires are still very capable, correct? Living in southern california where it's very dry out here I shouldn't have any issues, yeah?

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Manson slowed it down fine, but yeah, I wasn’t digging the video or music. Am I the only one who saw some weird stuff after it was over? If so I’ve got to clear my browser history.
Probably not the only one. Tik Tok is a special type of disturbing as far as what people will post there.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody else notice what appears to be a huge gap between the rear window and B-pillar?

Ford Bronco Bronco on 4" lift with 37s by Maxlider Brothers 1623965221627
Looks like somehow the door was open with the window all the way up when shut rather than the 1" lowering it normally does. Weird.

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Woooo??