Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow! that is super helpful! So, based on the above - having the outerbanks package non sas - those tires are still very capable, correct? Living in southern california where it's very dry out here I shouldn't have any issues, yeah?
Depends on what terrain you plan to take on and if you opt for the more aggressive tires. Street tires are worthless in the sand in your case. However, if you get AT or MT tires for your OuterBanks, then you'll be able to air down and be ok if you have experience driving on sand at the beach. However, beach driving is tricky and you can bog down easily since that Bronco won't have a lot of clearance.

You should still invest in some sand recovery gear, basically traction boards and a shovel so you're less likely to get stuck and stay stuck.
Sponsored

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on what terrain you plan to take on and if you opt for the more aggressive tires. Street tires are worthless in the sand in your case. However, if you get AT or MT tires for your OuterBanks, then you'll be able to air down and be ok if you have experience driving on sand at the beach. However, beach driving is tricky and you can bog down easily since that Bronco won't have a lot of clearance.

You should still invest in some sand recovery gear, basically traction boards and a shovel so you're less likely to get stuck and stay stuck.
Duly noted. I'm just opting for what comes standard at the moment - P255/70R18 All-Terrain A/T Tires

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And completely ruined the vehicle with those wheels. Might as well be stock on 235s.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, thats a no. Sorry but I feel bad for the Bronco on this one. But, this does help us prepare for the inevitable, people doing stupid shit.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get all the stuff about sidewall... I understand airing down... I have a slight grasp of the physics of how traction works...

what I don’t understand is the formula folks are using to say 20s are no good.

33”-17”=16”... 16”/2=8” of sidewall
35”-17”=18”... 18”/2=9” of sidewall

37”-20”=17”... 17”/2=8.5” of sidewall
Seems it fits smack in the middle of two of the most popular sizes to me.

I’m not advocating for 20’s... I’m only doing the math here.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get all the stuff about sidewall... I understand airing down... I have a slight grasp of the physics of how traction works...

what I don’t understand is the formula folks are using to say 20s are no good.

33”-17”=16”... 16”/2=8” of sidewall
35”-17”=18”... 18”/2=9” of sidewall

37”-20”=17”... 17”/2=8.5” of sidewall
Seems it fits smack in the middle of two of the most popular sizes to me.

I’m not advocating for 20’s... I’m only doing the math here.
I think the point is you are giving up potential with the 37s by running ridiculous diameter wheels...you went all the way up there, and now you accept the same sidewall as a 34 on a normal 4x4 wheel? Why handicap yourself if you went to all the trouble of getting to a 37? No one serious about off road would put those on unless they didn't know what they were doing....and thus it screams "for looks only"....and the look also isn't good for that reason.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the point is you are giving up potential with the 37s by running ridiculous diameter wheels...you went all the way up there, and now you accept the same sidewall as a 34 on a normal 4x4 wheel? Why handicap yourself if you went to all the trouble of getting to a 37? No one serious about off road would put those on unless they didn't know what they were doing....and thus it screams "for looks only"....and the look also isn't good for that reason.
I’ve got nothing against the look... to each their own. As far as handicapping, the main reason I’d consider a larger wheel for larger tires is the ability to do larger brakes. After deciding to opt for the Sasquatch package, I’ll probably never go over the 35s... but I can see the logic of those that do... even if it’s just for their personal taste.

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody else notice what appears to be a huge gap between the rear window and B-pillar?

1623965221627.png
I think they may have tinted the window and then “shimmed” it away from the weather stripping.

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands, 2013 Shelby, 1965 fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why is there such hate for people that aren’t going to just beat the hell out of these offroad? Most people don’t have the time or desire to go get lost in the desert or wherever to go rock crawling. That is a nice suv. Why is it not ok for people to like different things. Just like people hating on the four doors. Maybe someone doesn’t need to climb a building with their vehicle. Or maybe people have a family to fit in it. No different than saying if you drive a sports car you have to take it to a track. Most people don’t. Sports cars look good, that’s why people buy them. So quick to tear people down for not thinking just like themselves. I don’t get it. The whole point of these is you can do so many different things with them. Even if all you want to do is jack it to the moon and go buy groceries.
Sponsored