First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like many people in here my reservation got pushed to 22 due to getting basically everything that could delay your Bronco (2.7, MIC roof, and Lux package). Does anyone have any idea when the Broncos pushed to year two may arrive? My hs car finally shit the bed on me last year and I bought a beater to hold me over thinking I’d have the bronco by now but then corona hit. Not sure if I should just bite the bullet and buy something else or try and make it work.
Sponsored

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
oof buddy you're going to get roasted for this; should've searched for this first.

But to answer your question, MY22 will start production in December, and its been projected that 45K-55K out of all reservations will be fulfilled in MY21, so if you fall just outside of that range, yours might be made this December. If not, Ford believes they will be able to fulfill all reservations by late Q2 of 2022. So expect to get yours between January and June (obviously very dependent on your build, constraints, etc.)

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Like many people in here my reservation got pushed to 22 due to getting basically everything that could delay your Bronco (2.7, MIC roof, and Lux package). Does anyone have any idea when the Broncos pushed to year two may arrive? My hs car finally shit the bed on me last year and I bought a beater to hold me over thinking I’d have the bronco by now but then corona hit. Not sure if I should just bite the bullet and buy something else or try and make it work.
See if your Ford dealer can help. Worth a try. Or call customer service.

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

i guess it depends on how much you want the Bronco, we just put $5,000 worth of work into my husbands 2012 Altima to get it to pass the MA inspection so that we would both have a car while we wait for the Bronco. Used car prices are pretty high right now and we'd rather wait for the bronco then buy a new one and have another car payment right now when we have already been waiting this long and have committed to the Bronco.
Sounds like you already have a beater vehicle to get you around, so at this point it depends on your desire to get the Bronco or what kind of shape the vehicle you have is in.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
i guess it depends on how much you want the Bronco, we just put $5,000 worth of work into my husbands 2012 Altima to get it to pass the MA inspection so that we would both have a car while we wait for the Bronco. Used car prices are pretty high right now and we'd rather wait for the bronco then buy a new one and have another car payment right now when we have already been waiting this long and have committed to the Bronco.
Sounds like you already have a beater vehicle to get you around, so at this point it depends on your desire to get the Bronco or what kind of shape the vehicle you have is in.
Wow that's a lot of money. Do you have some kind of MOD overall vehicle inspection in MA? Here in Illinois it's only emissions inspection.

Sponsored

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow that's a lot of money. Do you have some kind of MOD overall vehicle inspection in MA? Here in Illinois it's only emissions inspection.
Yes, here in the commonwealth we have a pretty thorough inspection process. But I’m not sure how it compare to other states.

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

yeah, its basically inspection of the entire vehicle. They check lights, turn signals, windshield, the big ones they check are the emissions and tires but any can fail your inspection. I dont really know the entire list, theres a lot of items on the sheet.
we needed new exaust and breaks (*which werent inspected but needed),the tires were needed for inspection. we did the exaust and breaks in January and now that i'm getting sent back to the office we had to get 4 new tires to get the new inspection sticker, so the cost was spread out.
we held off doing the work in 2020 hoping to have the Bronco by the time i'd go back to the office but it was clear that wasnt going to happen. we would have used that $5,000 to pay cash for a used car but the Altima we already had was nicer than anything we could buy used around here for 5K so we just got it fixed.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless you have a specific option that is MY22 only (MOD top, dual top) or you have opted to deliberately wait until MY22 (Priority 99), there is nothing "pushing" your order to 2022.

You could still technically get a build date this upcoming week even (unlikely but possible).

That's all to say, production will continue at its regular pace right into and through MY22 (with a brief shutdown for MY changeover). You'll basically get your bronco when you get it... and when you get it may fall in front or behind the MY change over date in December.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If your beater will last until this time next year I say just hang in there. Hopefully that's all the cushion you'll need. Me, I not looking for mine until late summer, early fall of '22.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why is it pushed into 2022?
Options?
Very late reservation?
Dealer telling stories?
Allocation/dealer placement?

There are rumors, several, of folks who had Octiober reservations, did not actually place an order until April?May? , picked the build that would happen soonest and got a build schedule after a few weeks.
(4dr, soft top, 2.3, non-Squatch, Base, BigBend or Black Diamond, etc etc.....no sins)

Sponsored

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why is it pushed into 2022?
Options?
Very late reservation?
Dealer telling stories?
Allocation/dealer placement?

There are rumors, several, of folks who had Octiober reservations, did not actually place an order until April?May? , picked the build that would happen soonest and got a build schedule after a few weeks.
(4dr, soft top, 2.3, non-Squatch, Base, BigBend or Black Diamond, etc etc.....no sins)
he said that he ordered a 2.7L, with Lux package and the MIC. so those are constraints, i mean we aren't that far away from '22 at this point when we think about how production has been going so far.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

he said that he ordered a 2.7L, with Lux package and the MIC. so those are constraints, i mean we aren't that far away from '22 at this point when we think about how production has been going so far.
YIKES! I normally don't miss things like that. Thanks!

I suppose it's a LONG way from Lux to a base OB build, but newer cars are so well equipped these days ..... all I really wanted above Base would have been heated seats, but they sure wouldn't have been worth $8000 to get them, so it was easy for me to drop into a base Base.
Depending on their needs and attitude, dropping the extras may be worth while.

At order time , I had no idea getting a Base would put me in the fast lane for getting a Bronco!!! LOL
As a matter of fact, I was starting to buy in to the "only the plush versions would get built first" rumors.
Boy did that turn out wrong!
Sponsored