Sponsored

Road manners / ride quality of new 2021 Bronco?

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know most people here are serious off roaders, and the Bronco looks like it's gonna be awesome in that regard. If we get the Bronco, I'd going to allow us to explore Colorado more than we have because of our vehicle collection we currently have. No serious off road in the near future. Im just concerned about its on road manners and wanted to get everyone's opinion. We're gonna be driving it on pavement 70/80% of the time. Jeeps i have ridden in (all older than 10 years probably) seem horrible on the pavement. Im just hoping the Bronco will have decent road manners.
Sponsored

Covfefe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know most people here are serious off roaders, and the Bronco looks like it's gonna be awesome in that regard. If we get the Bronco, I'd going to allow us to explore Colorado more than we have because of our vehicle collection we currently have. No serious off road in the near future. Im just concerned about its on road manners and wanted to get everyone's opinion. We're gonna be driving it on pavement 70/80% of the time. Jeeps i have ridden in (all older than 10 years probably) seem horrible on the pavement. Im just hoping the Bronco will have decent road manners.
Just get big All Season tires. Majority of ride quality is felt through the tires.

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tires will likely make the biggest difference. I think the passenger-rated (P) tires on the Outer Bank trim will be close to what you need. The Light Truck (LT) or mud tires on the more off-road focused trims will be a bit harsher but more sturdy for heavy abuse.

There's no magic one-size-fits all solution with tires, always trade offs...

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drive this ???. Comfort means nothing to me. Most the time I drive it I feel I might die.
Ford Bronco Road manners / ride quality of new 2021 Bronco? IMG_20200407_131643938
Might? Dude you are going to die.

Seriously, love those little things but do fear death. Same reason I don't have a kie truck.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The IFS should behave better on the highway as compared to the jeeps solid axle. The 32 inch tires or smaller will probably have good highway characteristics. Unless you go sqatch, you should be happy with highway ride.

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base

Seriously, love those little things but do fear death. Same reason I don't have a kie truck.
If it makes you feel better it's lifted like 8 inches for a high center of gravity and I added a turbo ???

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
The IFS should behave better on the highway as compared to the jeeps solid axle. The 32 inch tires or smaller will probably have good highway characteristics. Unless you go sqatch, you should be happy with highway ride.
That's what I meant to say. The ifs should make it more smooth than any Wrangler, on road or off

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it makes you feel better it's lifted like 8 inches for a high center of gravity and I added a turbo ???
I had a buddy who had a new one in 85, I remember being passed by semis heading to the Eisenhower tunnel. Could the base engine even turn those wheels ; )

OP
OP
5280Bronco

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's what I meant to say. The ifs should make it more smooth than any Wrangler, on road or off
Yeah, that's what i was thinking. Even with the solid rear axle, it's road behavior should be pretty decent. Im looking at the Big Bend, so they are (P) tires.

Sponsored

Deleted member 5035

Speaking of death rigs... I had a Suzuki Samurai back in the day...flirting with disaster every second.
This Land Rover though...insanely sketchy in every way.

IMG_6062.jpg

VTBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi y’all.

I have a 4-door Bronco reservation. I currently have a 2012 Honda Civic. I’m from and live in Vermont. I’ve seen plenty of off-road vehicles, and I’ve ridden in both big F150s and Wranglers. I’ve never driven anything truck-ish besides my father’s 2019 Tacoma, and his manual 2003 Tacoma with BFG A/Ts (the latter had more “gruff” than the former).

Obviously I don’t want to buy the Bronco sight unseen, but it’s such a badass truck. I’m trying to gauge a workaround way to understand if I’d like the way it drives/feels on the road. Would you folks recommend driving a Wrangler, or a Ranger to see what the Bronco ride would be like?

Any recommendations would be extremely helpful! Thanks!!!

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi y’all.

I have a 4-door Bronco reservation. I currently have a 2012 Honda Civic. I’m from and live in Vermont. I’ve seen plenty of off-road vehicles, and I’ve ridden in both big F150s and Wranglers. I’ve never driven anything truck-ish besides my father’s 2019 Tacoma, and his manual 2003 Tacoma with BFG A/Ts (the latter had more “gruff” than the former).

Obviously I don’t want to buy the Bronco sight unseen, but it’s such a badass truck. I’m trying to gauge a workaround way to understand if I’d like the way it drives/feels on the road. Would you folks recommend driving a Wrangler, or a Ranger to see what the Bronco ride would be like?

Any recommendations would be extremely helpful! Thanks!!!
I mean, if you test drive a Wrangler and are happy with it you definitely won't mind the Bronco. There was a post from a member who talked to a test driver who said driving the Ranger is similar but IMO it should still be a lot different. There aren't any BOF suvs with coilovers at all 4 corners as far as I know. In theory it's probably somewhere between a Wrangler and a 4Runner.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not totally related to the question, I just wanted to say if you're honestly on the trail 20% of the time, that's a buttload of off roading for a daily driver....

comfour

Big Bend
First Name
cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a Wrangler and i had to adjust to the steering it's very loose, i spend too much time focus on the steering wheel than the road ahead, off road it's great on pavement it's not so good, i expect the Bronco with IFS to more like or better than than my Tacoma. oh my idea of off-road is mostly gravel and fire roads, any 4WD would have worked
Sponsored