Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronco is a truck. A truck with a bed is a pickup truck. That’s another type of truck.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco is a truck. A truck with a bed is a pickup truck. That’s another type of truck.
I think this is a geographical thing. To me it’s a “Rig” 🤣

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've heard both arguments, a year ago I thought the same as @Toccoa, then after listening to everyone call it a truck for the last year, I gave up and called it a truck.

I guess my yardstick is, does it drive like an SUV, meaning unibody, then it's a car/SUV, does it ride like a truck, then it's a truck.

Winkydee

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Econoline Cargo Van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one would call it anything else....unless they knew the name of the color.
Well, a year in a this point, I would say if you're creating content maybe you should know at least as much as your viewers.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not trying to be a smartass or anything,...But I couldn't care less what TFL, Motor Trend, Car & Driver, Doug Demuro or anyone else thinks about the Bronco! In 2004 when I first saw the concept I was in. I said back then if Ford really brings back the Bronco and they don't F#@$ it up I will own one! Well, they NAILED IT!

Last edited:

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've heard both arguments, a year ago I thought the same as @Toccoa, then after listening to everyone call it a truck for the last year, I gave up and called it a truck.

I guess my yardstick is, does it drive like an SUV, meaning unibody, then it's a car/SUV, does it ride like a truck, then it's a truck.
Can it be a body on frame SUV? Maybe in it's own category! TRUV?!?!?

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess Tahoe's, Expeditions and the like are just SUV's...But you can't take their doors and tops off...how about XUV???
Edit: XUV I'm thinking is already taken by the side by side!

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No doubt it is chinsy. I did the personal knock/scratch test on a live bronco and was very disappointed. I was sitting in my wife's volvo s60 yesterday and did a similar test. Even the lower door panels were better quality. There was only one piece of plastic I could find on the volvo that was similar to the bronco dash - and that was the glove compartment - which is basically the lowest quality plastic offered. Yet is showcased on the Bronco dash....anyway - we've covered this in many threads. I am glad TFL called out Ford on this. I wouldnt be surprised if other reviewers do too. It's definitely a stand out piece. As I said before, it seems like as big of a glaring omission as the rear A/C vents intentionally done for the first model year. There's no way this dash material stays for more than a few years. First minor refresh, and it's gone. It's simply going to get too much criticism. The Bronco isnt even out yet, and reviewers/reservation holders are already starting to talk about it.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lame, but they probably had to shoot it months ago... So all very old info.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like watching their videos, but that kid is like super twitchy ADHD or something. He's thorough and everything, and its always helpful to get another perspective, I just think he had a little too much caffeine haha! I have seen most of this stuff for myself in person at this point, but I think this video is more helpful for those that haven't. Personally I am waiting for the wrangler comparison, I do like the way they tested the Bronco Sport to show the differences of the drive modes. That was super helpful, just looking forward to more off-road comparisons.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can it be a body on frame SUV? Maybe in it's own category! TRUV?!?!?
That's kind of my thought... It's in its own category.

It's kind of sad that Jeep stole the GP moniker, because that is what a Bronco is... not a SPORT utility vehicle, but a GENERAL PURPOSE vehicle.

Most people don't refer to Wranglers as SUVs or cars or trucks... They just call them Jeeps. We don't refer go my son's 1970 Bronco as a car or a truck... It's just a Bronco.

Also...
I don't know about other states, but in Arizona, the state registration for Jeeps lists them as a "wagon" and I suspect that is what they will call a Bronco.