First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You mean the pickup version of a truck. There are other kinds of trucks besides pickup trucks.

Marketing people in the last couple of decades have moved farther away from calling all trucks trucks, except pickups. It's because that limits the appeal of many vehicles in trying to reach the broadest audience. Rich soccer mom doesn't want to hear her Suburban called a truck.
No I mean it’s not a truck. A SUV is not a truck, just like a truck is not a SUV.
Sponsored

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A Bronco is both. It's not really up for debate.

No I mean it’s not a truck. A SUV is not a truck, just like a truck is not a SUV.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If it's a body-on-frame SUV, I call it a truck. If it's unibody, it's a crossover. That used to be pretty standard definitions but manufacturers have intentionally blurred the lines and auto journalists aren't helping.
I thought everyone understood and knew this distinction. Apparently I was wrong.

Econoline = van, also truck
Bronco = SUV, also truck
F-150 = pickup truck
Pickup truck with a camper added onto it = still a truck despite no bed space anymore

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

A Bronco is both. It's not really up for debate.
"It's not up for debate." = I don't want to talk about this anymore because I'm letting my personal feelings get in the way of what should be an objective discussion.

Between calling us "younger folk", me "a kid," , saying "nobody but you feels this way" you saying "Apparently I'm the only one that knows this distinction", we see what type we're working with. Which is funny because you're kinda proving yourself wrong in your own arguments, but are unwilling to see it.

You're double-triple-replying to this thread with no responses in between. You're clearly heated. But you're making it personal and have a very authoritarian stance on it, unwilling to listen to others and being condescending, and that's not cool. If the lines are as blurred as you say, it feels weird to stand so strong on it.

Gonna close on this:
Rich soccer mom doesn't want to hear her Suburban called a truck.
You mean kinda like how certain men (very apparently) don't want to hear their "trucks" called SUV's?

This thread is fun and all, but
jerry-done.gif

Sponsored

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Texas issues license plates that say "TRUCK" on them for vehicles that meet the legal definition. When I registered my 2nd CJ-5 in the mid 80s I was given truck tags for it. I asked the lady at the counter why I was getting truck tags since my first Jeep had car tags and she said it was because it was classified as a 1/4 ton truck. I never noticed any other CJs with truck tags though. Over time I also had a K-5 Blazer, a K-5 Jimmy and a Ford E-150 van (company vehicle) that all had truck tags.

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You guys are making me laugh with this thread. On one hand you have a drawn out pointless semantic argument over abused marketing categories and on the other you have a bunch of people griping about TFL for nothing more then obvious surface level personality quirks.

I’m sure TFL is not perfect or above criticism, but I actually enjoy their content; Unlike the Straight Pipes and most of the Bronco Nation hosts and quite a few of the legacy outlet reviewers.

And I appreciate them posting on the forum as well.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I called it both an SUV and a truck. It’s both. Objectively so. Per history and present terminology. Keep trying.

As I recall, you’re the guy who got pissy in the first place about it being also a truck. Maybe take a break, kid.

You’ve now seen various sources affirming the Bronco is both an SUV and a truck, but you ignore it due to … feels. Kid.
No, that can’t be. Armsleeve McProudboy said so. Those were only SUVs not just trucks. History began in 1997.

Someone decided to be the thread supervillain whose origin story is being insecure about his Escape. 😂
Aw. Someone's upset and resorted to name-calling. I've been suspended for far less than this. Looking forward to seeing how the mods handle you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice to see Dewey make an appearance in this thread

Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Comes to thread to hear about how much tfl sucks to see this....
Ford Bronco [TFL] Hands-On Review of 2021 Bronco -- Worth The Wait? Bronco Week Ep.1 cats-vs

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Boy some of you guys get really upset when told your new grocery getter isn't a truck.
Don't trigger him again. He might take out his insecurities on you too!

BobRandall

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cant stand that guys voice ... not a fan.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of all the videos I've found this to be the most entertaining and extensive of the vehicle's capabilities...

Sponsored