Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi All,

I am an October reservation with a March order conversion. I was on the fence about a new vehicle when the Bronco was announced, so I didn't reserve early and then when I did I automatically reserved through the closest dealer who I have not been overly impressed with.

For one, I'm a March order conversion because they never reached out to me when the order banks opened. This was partially on me as I knew the banks were opening early in the year, but I didn't want to be pushy and thought reservation time was all that mattered for build dates. When I finally pushed them and converted my order they asked for a deposit of $1,000 as they wanted to determine who was serious about following through on their order and who wasn't since so many reservations had been placed. At the time this made sense and they told me it would go into my down payment rather than any sort of additional charge, but after reading a bit on this forum I'm having second thoughts about paying them that $1,000.

Additionally, after I converted my order I discovered this forum and tried to reach out to them to confirm a few things and have gotten no response for a month and a half. I'm not entirely sure, but I do think my original sales guy left the dealership so I give them a slight pass, but the lack of communication has been very frustrating as I've reached out to a few of the guys over there in recent weeks. I've mainly just wanted to confirm that if I don't get a 2021 build date that I don't need to do anything for 2022, that I'd be able to change things for 2022 options if I got bumped, and to get the ball rolling on the pricing discussion. I thought these would be fairly simple discussions, but I haven't gotten a response or call back from anyone there.

I'm very understanding of having to wait for my Bronco with the crazy demand and supply issues (I'm actually hoping to be delayed if they offer a green for next year), but the lack of communication has me a bit frustrated. I'm also worried that since I paid the extra $1,000 they are going to hose me on pricing when the time comes. Curious to know others thoughts, and also wondering if it is possible to change dealerships now I've placed my order.
Sponsored

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi All,

I am an October reservation with a March order conversion. I was on the fence about a new vehicle when the Bronco was announced, so I didn't reserve early and then when I did I automatically reserved through the closest dealer who I have not been overly impressed with.

For one, I'm a March order conversion because they never reached out to me when the order banks opened. This was partially on me as I knew the banks were opening early in the year, but I didn't want to be pushy and thought reservation time was all that mattered for build dates. When I finally pushed them and converted my order they asked for a deposit of $1,000 as they wanted to determine who was serious about following through on their order and who wasn't since so many reservations had been placed. At the time this made sense and they told me it would go into my down payment rather than any sort of additional charge, but after reading a bit on this forum I'm having second thoughts about paying them that $1,000.

Additionally, after I converted my order I discovered this forum and tried to reach out to them to confirm a few things and have gotten no response for a month and a half. I'm not entirely sure, but I do think my original sales guy left the dealership so I give them a slight pass, but the lack of communication has been very frustrating as I've reached out to a few of the guys over there in recent weeks. I've mainly just wanted to confirm that if I don't get a 2021 build date that I don't need to do anything for 2022, that I'd be able to change things for 2022 options if I got bumped, and to get the ball rolling on the pricing discussion. I thought these would be fairly simple discussions, but I haven't gotten a response or call back from anyone there.

I'm very understanding of having to wait for my Bronco with the crazy demand and supply issues (I'm actually hoping to be delayed if they offer a green for next year), but the lack of communication has me a bit frustrated. I'm also worried that since I paid the extra $1,000 they are going to hose me on pricing when the time comes. Curious to know others thoughts, and also wondering if it is possible to change dealerships now I've placed my order.
Unfortunately, I think it is a bit of both. My dealer has done the same as yours, doesn’t call back, doesn’t give a heads up when he hears info, and my original rep also left during this whole process! He was bad, and new guy is just as bad about being a useful representative of their product! So, if I actually want to find something out and have a real conversation, I call the General Manager. He has treated me well so far and been responsive when needed. I suggest you go straight to the GM if you haven’t already.

I also paid the up front $1000. I am fine with it as it weeds out some who are unsure. It will go towards your overall payment towards the vehicle. The document you signed at time of order is the total you should pay and if your dealer isn’t a bunch of scumbags, they will honor that price.

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shady but not unsurprising. You should have negotiated the pricing before you gave them a deposit. Now they got you by the balls. -- You may need to update your order for 22MY - I believe there may be some changes/options but not sure if you will need to do anything if you don't want/need to update. -- I would assume the deposit is refundable. I'd press them on the pricing when you get bumped to 22( or now ). Luckliy, since you reserved so late, you probably wont lose a lot of time if you cancel and go somewhere else. You might want to consider placing another reservation now in the event you can't work out a deal with your dealer. Make the new reservation somewhere that has a defined pricing structure - or call the prospective dealership beforehand and get a deal before you reserve there.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unfortunately that sounds normal. I guess I'm lucky that my sales guy also has a Bronco on order and he's super-responsive when I text him. I haven't abused that so far and hopefully I can keep it that way.

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oof i would have never given them $1k but that's not good advice for you. If i were you, i would first, get the $1k back immediately. Second, call customer service at Ford, explain your story and find a new reputable dealer. Good luck and hopefully Ford lets you change dealers.

Sponsored

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

is the $1000 deposit such a rarity? I had to do that when I placed the order with my dealership...only problem is, they still haven't submitted the order to Ford. I know their inventory manager was on vacation, and I'm sure there busy and I'm just another schmuck keyboard commando but it's been 13 days since I paid my deposit and I know that an official order has yet to be placed to Ford, which is frustrating because my order has avoided a majority of the commodity restraints. Yes, I know I won't see this vehicle for a while but each day wasted is another day I'm without the opportunity to pack up my entire life, quit my job, tell my clients to leave me alone, abandon my wife and go out into the wilderness and die alone.

sigh.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
is the $1000 deposit such a rarity? I had to do that when I placed the order with my dealership...only problem is, they still haven't submitted the order to Ford. I know their inventory manager was on vacation, and I'm sure there busy and I'm just another schmuck keyboard commando but it's been 13 days since I paid my deposit and I know that an official order has yet to be placed to Ford, which is frustrating because my order has avoided a majority of the commodity restraints. Yes, I know I won't see this vehicle for a while but each day wasted is another day I'm without the opportunity to pack up my entire life, quit my job, tell my clients to leave me alone, abandon my wife and go out into the wilderness and die alone.

sigh.
Bott

I put $100 down on launch night and $400 more to convert the order.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd get in writing what the price of the Bronco will be. Did you have a price in mind? If you didnt it is probably going to be msrp. Most dealers arent going to be very excited about a vehicle they might not sell for a year or two. Many of us went with Granger because of the up front pricing and great customer service.

Sponsored

yabu00

Base
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Inifinit FX-35
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had to put $500 down to convert, but I received the initial $100 deposit back in the process.

At my dealer, they put in writing that the $500 deposit goes toward my purchase when I take delivery; that if I do not take delivery and the vehicle is delivered as a MY21, the deposit is non-refundable; and that if I get pushed to MY22, the deposit becomes refundable should I cancel. Although I am an August reservation and was well within my dealer's allocation, I am now expecting a MY22 due to constraints. My dealer also had me, upon ordering, sign an order sheet which includes any additional dealer markup, documentation fees, and taxes for an out-the-door price (there is no ADM at my dealer, but there is an $800 doc fee).

I believe that this set set up is relatively common and what should be expected of a local and convenient dealer for this vehicle. If you're not going to drive to Granger to get $2,000 off invoice, then paying MSRP with a reasonable deposit and documentation fee should be expected. Not having any clarity on what you'll pay upon taking delivery should be considered unacceptable for you, and, if you can move your reservation, I'm sure that you can find another local dealer who can clarify how much you'll pay while offering an equivalent deal to what I received.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sadly, it's the norm from what I've read here. I'm fortunate, my local dealer has me at invoice in writing, and is super responsive...

Cridlon

Big Bend
First Name
CLIF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Unfortunately, I think it is a bit of both. My dealer has done the same as yours, doesn’t call back, doesn’t give a heads up when he hears info, and my original rep also left during this whole process! He was bad, and new guy is just as bad about being a useful representative of their product! So, if I actually want to find something out and have a real conversation, I call the General Manager. He has treated me well so far and been responsive when needed. I suggest you go straight to the GM if you haven’t already.

I also paid the up front $1000. I am fine with it as it weeds out some who are unsure. It will go towards your overall payment towards the vehicle. The document you signed at time of order is the total you should pay and if your dealer isn’t a bunch of scumbags, they will honor that price.
My dealer didn't ask for anymore deposit.. Also they are not uping the price. MSRP.

Last edited:

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands