Sponsored

Floor Jack and Jack Stand Recommendations?

whiplash

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've decided that I want to perform the oil changes and tire rotations on my wife's minivan AND my future Bronco instead of taking them to the dealer and/or shop. Do you have any recommendations for both a low clearance floor jack and jack stands that will be compatible with a sasquatched Bronco?

I'm worried that the Bronco will want to "sit" on the ground due to the extra travel in the off-road suspension and there won't be enough clearance to actually lift the 35" tires off the ground. Is this even a valid concern?
Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not really a valid concern. There won't be that much droop, and there will be a jack included with the vehicle that will be designed to at least lift the wheels off the ground enough to change a tire. To perform an oil change, you won't need to lift the vehicle. Just shimmy under there and pull the plug.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Length(s) of schedule 80 pipe should handle it...

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are looking for specific floor jack recommendations, I’m sure someone will chime in with some… but I did want to share that depending on your vehicles, you may not be able to find tools that will work with both the bronco and minivan depending…

I’ve had to acquire two sets of jacks and stands to comfortably handle our fleet….

Ford Bronco Floor Jack and Jack Stand Recommendations? 1624412741402

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use a 4 ton Pittsburg. It has been very reliable and will lift diesel trucks fine. Lots of height. It's low enough to fit under average cars. Sporty cars can be too low.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For a jack, I don't have a specific brand in mind but try to find a low profile with the one pump to chasis feature. 3ton minimum. Also, don't forget to buy a creeper to roll in and out.

Hutch98

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mazdaspeed3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've decided that I want to perform the oil changes and tire rotations on my wife's minivan AND my future Bronco instead of taking them to the dealer and/or shop. Do you have any recommendations for both a low clearance floor jack and jack stands that will be compatible with a sasquatched Bronco?

I'm worried that the Bronco will want to "sit" on the ground due to the extra travel in the off-road suspension and there won't be enough clearance to actually lift the 35" tires off the ground. Is this even a valid concern?
Ratchet strap the suspension as it sits on the ground no droop once you lift it then set on a stand

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just want to point out that Harbor Freight has recently recalled many of the jack stands they've sold over the years. I would also avoid buying used unless they're of good quality.

I have an old MAC tools jack I've had for about forty years... I believe it's a rebadged Werner. Still works flawlessly today. But I'm in the market for a low profile rapid pump jack... my old one doesn't like to get under some of todays vehicles and the rapid pump these days is a must have.

Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just want to point out that Harbor Freight has recently recalled many of the jack stands they've sold over the years. I would also avoid buying used unless they're of good quality.
I appreciate that Harbor Freight had to recall the replacements for the recalled jack stands. I"m sure the third time is the charm.

joez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'll second the HF, Daytona jack. If you can wait until black Friday, the price might come down. The down side to this jack it might not have enough lift for the Bronco. It only has a 20 in lift.
For doing oil changes you might want to check into a set of ramps. I use them when changing the oil on Mustang.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Floor Jack and Jack Stand Recommendations? Nd9GcQsFw2sP6GmIIErHs_MY3Iy-IKsg4SBtRCAGg&usqp=CAU

This is what I use... Unfortunately Harbor Freight isn't carrying it any more, but it lifts my 5600 lb F-150 with ease! This is one of the few items they actually made pretty well and the price was right at $1400. (6 years and going strong). I think that Northern Tool or some other Chinese importer still sells them.

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'll second the HF, Daytona jack. If you can wait until black Friday, the price might come down. The down side to this jack it might not have enough lift for the Bronco. It only has a 20 in lift.
For doing oil changes you might want to check into a set of ramps. I use them when changing the oil on Mustang.
yeah, a set of blitz ramps would be enough to get a squatch high enough to easily do oil changes.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Fact. The factory jack will be crap.

If you need a low profile, (not sure you would for a minivan) you can always get a jack extension and not have to buy a second jack. But if you are rotating tires with 4, a second jack makes life easier. You can run a 5 tire rotation with one jack.

I store the pro eagle 15" and a 1.5 ton low profile in my Raptor, gets a tire off the ground, no problem and you don't have to ratchet strap the UCA up. That's an annoying extra step.
https://www.proeagle.com/products/floor-jack-extension-00000

Quality jack stands are expensive but the peace of mind when you are under 5000lbs is priceless.

I'd strongly recommend a pin style jack stand, not the ratcheting.
Ford Bronco Floor Jack and Jack Stand Recommendations? 1627465279320
Sponsored

Last edited: