First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ask for a down payment other than the $100 paid initially.
Good for you lol I’m fine with the $1k if it goes towards my overall payment. And like I said, if it made some people not convert to order who weren’t as serious, then that is a good thing for the rest of us. I’m not a penny pincher, it’s a minor down payment compared to the cost of the vehicle. I’m sure your dealer will have more cancelled orders sitting on their lot than maybe a dealer who is charging these deposits. Those are slots you or somebody else could have filled if a deposit deterred them initially. Just my 2 cents

ABerrio

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn’t give extra money to convert. I asked if I needed to pay a deposit but my dealer said there was need. I’m not getting emails everyday, but they have emailed a couple times when there’s actual news from Ford.

OP
OP
PotatoSalad

PotatoSalad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately, I think it is a bit of both. My dealer has done the same as yours, doesn’t call back, doesn’t give a heads up when he hears info, and my original rep also left during this whole process! He was bad, and new guy is just as bad about being a useful representative of their product! So, if I actually want to find something out and have a real conversation, I call the General Manager. He has treated me well so far and been responsive when needed. I suggest you go straight to the GM if you haven’t already.

I also paid the up front $1000. I am fine with it as it weeds out some who are unsure. It will go towards your overall payment towards the vehicle. The document you signed at time of order is the total you should pay and if your dealer isn’t a bunch of scumbags, they will honor that price.
I'd get in writing what the price of the Bronco will be. Did you have a price in mind? If you didnt it is probably going to be msrp. Most dealers arent going to be very excited about a vehicle they might not sell for a year or two. Many of us went with Granger because of the up front pricing and great customer service.
My dealership did provide me a vehicle purchase order when I submitted the extra $1,000 that was for $55.5K including all taxes and fees. When I said pricing I meant more on the financing side since I won't be able to put up cash for the full thing. I was hoping to start discussing interest rates and figure out if I'm going to finance through them or USAA. I'm a bit concerned of them pulling some extra fees out of their hat, but looking at F-150s on the dealership website they appear to be pretty fair.

OP
OP
PotatoSalad

PotatoSalad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad to hear from others my situation isn't unique. As I said, I have no issues waiting and if they come out with a forest green for 2022 I'd almost prefer to wait. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't setting myself up for failure on the dealership front.

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What dealer is good?

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Go to the dealership and bring a dozen Dunkin Donuts.

UpNover

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Dealer did not charge any extra over the $100 deposit, price locked at MSRP. They said if you don’t take delivery will mark it up 5k and sell it to the next person.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealership did provide me a vehicle purchase order when I submitted the extra $1,000 that was for $55.5K including all taxes and fees. When I said pricing I meant more on the financing side since I won't be able to put up cash for the full thing. I was hoping to start discussing interest rates and figure out if I'm going to finance through them or USAA. I'm a bit concerned of them pulling some extra fees out of their hat, but looking at F-150s on the dealership website they appear to be pretty fair.
I would avoid talking about financing with the dealer at all until you go to pick it up. Do some shopping around for the best rates out there. I don't know how good USAA can get, but I assume they would take good care of you. Also, go speak with your local credit unions, they are typically the best in terms of low interest rates. The dealer makes their money on ancillaries such as loans(interest), extended warranties, parts dept, etc. According to my dealer, they make maybe $100-$200 per Bronco, depending on trim. I find it hard to believe but I don't know the inner workings of dealerships and manufacturers. In the end, you are mostly better off paying with a wad of cash(loan) from USAA or credit union.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Asking for an additional deposit at conversion to order isn't by itself one of the hallmarks of a bad dealer -- although many of us didn't have to put down anything beyond the initial $100. If they say the deposit is non-refundable, or if they lie to you and say that a deposit is a requirement from Ford, that starts them sliding into "bad dealer" territory.

The lack of communication, on the other hand, is absolutely par for the course.

Sponsored

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I put down a $1K non-refundable deposit. My dealer hasn’t been reaching out to me either but I told him to let my order ride with the Modular Dual Top option knowing that would push me out.

Since, then, I’ve not received any communication. But, the way I see it, the Bronco rep has over 100 people who are actively sweatin’ him to death over live MY21 orders and there really isn’t any news that’s relevant to my order right now. As far as the deposit, I’m not worried about it because I placed the deposit for a specific order which they could not fulfill. I’m not saying they wouldn’t try to hold it if I walked now but I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt as I know a lot of people connected to the dealership and they’ve been around for a long time. To their credit, they were very up front about their allocation and where I stood both when I placed my order and when they contacted me about changing to a Mic top. Honestly, the dealerships don’t know anything we don’t already know. So, for me and the dealership, it’s just sit and wait for the MY22 order banks to open up.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Unfortunately, I think it is a bit of both. My dealer has done the same as yours, doesn’t call back, doesn’t give a heads up when he hears info, and my original rep also left during this whole process! He was bad, and new guy is just as bad about being a useful representative of their product! So, if I actually want to find something out and have a real conversation, I call the General Manager. He has treated me well so far and been responsive when needed. I suggest you go straight to the GM if you haven’t already.

I also paid the up front $1000. I am fine with it as it weeds out some who are unsure. It will go towards your overall payment towards the vehicle. The document you signed at time of order is the total you should pay and if your dealer isn’t a bunch of scumbags, they will honor that price.
You should have went with Granger. They are good people - upfront, honest and communicative about the whole process. It is a 7 hour drive for me but after this whole process and the horror stories I have read about other dealers, I would have gladly driven much longer. It has been the best car buying experience in my life ( and I am over 65).

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That 1000 should go to the purchase of your Bronco no unless you had to pay your dealer 1000 just to order you a Bronco then I would have fond a other dealer because I did not put nothing down and Ford already said your MSRP well be locked in.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had to put $500 down to convert, but I received the initial $100 deposit back in the process.

At my dealer, they put in writing that the $500 deposit goes toward my purchase when I take delivery; that if I do not take delivery and the vehicle is delivered as a MY21, the deposit is non-refundable; and that if I get pushed to MY22, the deposit becomes refundable should I cancel. Although I am an August reservation and was well within my dealer's allocation, I am now expecting a MY22 due to constraints. My dealer also had me, upon ordering, sign an order sheet which includes any additional dealer markup, documentation fees, and taxes for an out-the-door price (there is no ADM at my dealer, but there is an $800 doc fee).

I believe that this set set up is relatively common and what should be expected of a local and convenient dealer for this vehicle. If you're not going to drive to Granger to get $2,000 off invoice, then paying MSRP with a reasonable deposit and documentation fee should be expected. Not having any clarity on what you'll pay upon taking delivery should be considered unacceptable for you, and, if you can move your reservation, I'm sure that you can find another local dealer who can clarify how much you'll pay while offering an equivalent deal to what I received.
Holy sh*t, no way would I agree to those terms. Absolutely no way.

You got ripped off. Big time.
Non-refundable deposit ??
$800 doc fee ??

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they are charging MSRP or above... and you could handle going to Iowa or PA to get it, you’d still save money going with @Zach@Granger or @DealerInsider for their below invoice pricing... even if you didn’t get your $1k back. Just my thoughts
Sponsored