Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
no way in hell would I have paid a deposit on a vehicle that had no firm pick up date. It could be late next year before you see your Bronco.
Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I paid the $100 rsvp, then I paid a $500 deposit to the dealership when I placed the order. Pricing has been set at MSRP since I ordered, and I was fine with that. In today's market, that is becoming a better deal by the day.

OP, call them or drop in. Email is not their strong suit.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
no way in hell would I have paid a deposit on a vehicle that had no firm pick up date. It could be late next year before you see your Bronco.
How did your reserve without paying the $100 that was clearly stated to be transferred into a deposit at ordering?

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi All,

I am an October reservation with a March order conversion. I was on the fence about a new vehicle when the Bronco was announced, so I didn't reserve early and then when I did I automatically reserved through the closest dealer who I have not been overly impressed with.

For one, I'm a March order conversion because they never reached out to me when the order banks opened. This was partially on me as I knew the banks were opening early in the year, but I didn't want to be pushy and thought reservation time was all that mattered for build dates. When I finally pushed them and converted my order they asked for a deposit of $1,000 as they wanted to determine who was serious about following through on their order and who wasn't since so many reservations had been placed. At the time this made sense and they told me it would go into my down payment rather than any sort of additional charge, but after reading a bit on this forum I'm having second thoughts about paying them that $1,000.

Additionally, after I converted my order I discovered this forum and tried to reach out to them to confirm a few things and have gotten no response for a month and a half. I'm not entirely sure, but I do think my original sales guy left the dealership so I give them a slight pass, but the lack of communication has been very frustrating as I've reached out to a few of the guys over there in recent weeks. I've mainly just wanted to confirm that if I don't get a 2021 build date that I don't need to do anything for 2022, that I'd be able to change things for 2022 options if I got bumped, and to get the ball rolling on the pricing discussion. I thought these would be fairly simple discussions, but I haven't gotten a response or call back from anyone there.

I'm very understanding of having to wait for my Bronco with the crazy demand and supply issues (I'm actually hoping to be delayed if they offer a green for next year), but the lack of communication has me a bit frustrated. I'm also worried that since I paid the extra $1,000 they are going to hose me on pricing when the time comes. Curious to know others thoughts, and also wondering if it is possible to change dealerships now I've placed my order.
Tater Salad,

Sometimes you just have to be direct, like go to the dealership in person and ask to speak to the manager (in a non-Karen way). My salesman has been useless the entire time, and I'm my dealer's #1 reservation based on timestamp and build date. From day one I asked to meet their Sales manager and expressed to him my desire to build a relationship with my local dealer that would last. I told him I wanted good communication and honest pricing, to which he's responded well to both. He's an old school guy, like doesn't own a cell phone old, so all coordination is through email, but he's always responsive.

I got sidetracked but the point is that if you politely make yourself seen and try to establish a relationship with your dealer, it might open some doors. You don't get to be a dealer's preferred customer (not saying I am) without starting the relationship somewhere. Best of luck!

Btw, how is Tater Tot doing these days?

ALVA DUDE

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi All,

I am an October reservation with a March order conversion. I was on the fence about a new vehicle when the Bronco was announced, so I didn't reserve early and then when I did I automatically reserved through the closest dealer who I have not been overly impressed with.

For one, I'm a March order conversion because they never reached out to me when the order banks opened. This was partially on me as I knew the banks were opening early in the year, but I didn't want to be pushy and thought reservation time was all that mattered for build dates. When I finally pushed them and converted my order they asked for a deposit of $1,000 as they wanted to determine who was serious about following through on their order and who wasn't since so many reservations had been placed. At the time this made sense and they told me it would go into my down payment rather than any sort of additional charge, but after reading a bit on this forum I'm having second thoughts about paying them that $1,000.

Additionally, after I converted my order I discovered this forum and tried to reach out to them to confirm a few things and have gotten no response for a month and a half. I'm not entirely sure, but I do think my original sales guy left the dealership so I give them a slight pass, but the lack of communication has been very frustrating as I've reached out to a few of the guys over there in recent weeks. I've mainly just wanted to confirm that if I don't get a 2021 build date that I don't need to do anything for 2022, that I'd be able to change things for 2022 options if I got bumped, and to get the ball rolling on the pricing discussion. I thought these would be fairly simple discussions, but I haven't gotten a response or call back from anyone there.

I'm very understanding of having to wait for my Bronco with the crazy demand and supply issues (I'm actually hoping to be delayed if they offer a green for next year), but the lack of communication has me a bit frustrated. I'm also worried that since I paid the extra $1,000 they are going to hose me on pricing when the time comes. Curious to know others thoughts, and also wondering if it is possible to change dealerships now I've placed my order.
I feel your frustration. I too have experienced a similar situation. I was not contacted either, but moreso had to call them, they confirmed my reservation, and then, once made aware in a public forum, had to call to initiate the order. Fortunately, I was able to meet the order deadline which unbeknownst, occurred 2 days later.
Yes, they have my deposit and Ive never heard from them again.
Through minimal contact with the manager, and concurrently the internet sales manager, evidently, I have been assigned a salesman(?) It'd be nice if he was in touch. Pretty frustrating, I agree. I hate the feeling of some dude Ive never met reaping the benefit of the sale.
My intent is to go in this weekend, meet my purported salesman, speak with the manager, as demand a salesman who will keep me apprised of the build.

Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
to the OP.

I'd just like to confirm what the pricing is that they are offering. Also, if you throw up a stink most dealerships will refund the $1000 if the order has yet to be placed and converted. I'm guessing if you stop by the store you'll get more response than if you send in emails or call. If they are somewhat conveniently located to you stop by and you should be able to get most of your answers.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How did your reserve without paying the $100 that was clearly stated to be transferred into a deposit at ordering?
Why are we comparing a 100% fully refundable $100 reservation to a potentially non refundable $1000 deposit again? Don't be silly.

OP
OP
PotatoSalad

PotatoSalad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
to the OP.

I'd just like to confirm what the pricing is that they are offering. Also, if you throw up a stink most dealerships will refund the $1000 if the order has yet to be placed and converted. I'm guessing if you stop by the store you'll get more response than if you send in emails or call. If they are somewhat conveniently located to you stop by and you should be able to get most of your answers.
The purchase order they gave me has the vehicle at $51,855 (4 door, 2.7L, SAS, Tow, MIC), and the total price comes out to $55,559.10 after sales tax, dealer inventory tax, license fee, title transfer, state inspection, deputy fee, and documentary fee. There's a fine print at the bottom that says "the information you see on the widow form for this vehicle is part of this contract. Information on the window form overrides any contrary provisions in the contract of sale", which I read as they will charge MSRP if Ford changes pricing on any options. Overall, ~$55K is about what I expected to pay regardless, so as long as my $1,000 is actually converted into my down payment I'll survive. I'm hoping they'll work some on price when it actually makes it, but with demand through the roof I'm not going to hold my breath.

OP
OP
PotatoSalad

PotatoSalad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tater Salad,

Sometimes you just have to be direct, like go to the dealership in person and ask to speak to the manager (in a non-Karen way). My salesman has been useless the entire time, and I'm my dealer's #1 reservation based on timestamp and build date. From day one I asked to meet their Sales manager and expressed to him my desire to build a relationship with my local dealer that would last. I told him I wanted good communication and honest pricing, to which he's responded well to both. He's an old school guy, like doesn't own a cell phone old, so all coordination is through email, but he's always responsive.

I got sidetracked but the point is that if you politely make yourself seen and try to establish a relationship with your dealer, it might open some doors. You don't get to be a dealer's preferred customer (not saying I am) without starting the relationship somewhere. Best of luck!

Btw, how is Tater Tot doing these days?
Yes, I've been meaning to go in (wanting to look at a '21 F-150 too for S&G) it just hasn't worked with my schedule in recent weeks. Not sure if it was a Covid thing or if I just went on weird days, but the last few times I went in for recalls/maintenance on my Fusion it was a ghost town in there, so it hasn't been a top priority for me since I wasn't sure I'd even get to see anyone.

Tater Tot doing good, as always.

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If they are charging MSRP or above... and you could handle going to Iowa or PA to get it, youā€™d still save money going with @Zach@Granger or @DealerInsider for their below invoice pricing... even if you didnā€™t get your $1k back. Just my thoughts
thank u Eric! appreciate u!

Sponsored

Busyboy19

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
thank u Eric! appreciate u!
Not sure if you have posted this before, trying to search the string.
If a dealer is selling OBX at MSRP, looks like Invoice to MSRP is about $1400. What is the holdback amount 3%? I am an Xplan buyer(supplier to Ford) but Ford "X'd" plan on Bronco.
Looks like my OBX should be built today so I was interested in dealer $$.
Thanks

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ditto on the lack of communication, late order conversion because I hadnā€™t discovered this site yet and my dealership either didnā€™t care to reach out or didnā€™t know. Mine wanted $900 additional to make it an even $1000 with the reservation $100. I did get an invoice stating no ADM or add-ons because they had asked for both and I told them Iā€™d walk with my reservation if they tried to charge me that. All in all this is the first and ONLY business Iā€™m doing with this dealership. Fords website sucked during the Bronco release and was only showing me this dealer nearby (thereā€™s actually like 6 Fords near me).

OP
OP
PotatoSalad

PotatoSalad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ditto on the lack of communication, late order conversion because I hadnā€™t discovered this site yet and my dealership either didnā€™t care to reach out or didnā€™t know. Mine wanted $900 additional to make it an even $1000 with the reservation $100. I did get an invoice stating no ADM or add-ons because they had asked for both and I told them Iā€™d walk with my reservation if they tried to charge me that. All in all this is the first and ONLY business Iā€™m doing with this dealership. Fords website sucked during the Bronco release and was only showing me this dealer nearby (thereā€™s actually like 6 Fords near me).
Sounds about par for the course. I agree with the website sucking. I live about 40 miles from where I grew up, so there is a Ford dealership there that my dad and several friends have bought from and all had great experiences. This is my first new car purchase, so I would've loved to buy from there, but the website automatically put me at the closest one. It's literally a quarter mile down the road so it makes sense, but some clarity on options and how to choose dealerships would have been nice.

Hindsight is 20/20 though, and once I'm sitting in my Bronco it'll make it all worth it.

Tychapman

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If this is turning into a dealer gripe thread, I'll bitch.

I don't want to put them on blast since I found them here and they seem great.. But since I placed my reservation (and received an introductory email from them) in March, I haven't heard from them at all.

I've sent a few emails for various things over the months (for example, I wanted to know if it was more beneficial to convert immediately, or wait for the 22 order books to open), which I do get a "I/we'll get back to you" type of response, with nothing following.

Which is a let down, but I understand they have their hands full with all the other reservations/orders that are way ahead of mine.

What really chaps my ass, is I received an email from ford on the first week of June saying that my reservation has been converted to an order on behalf of my dealer! With NO communication from them whatsoever. We haven't discussed price, options (outside of what I chose on fords res website), or really anything at all.

I called the other day and was told the bronco order rep had left for the day but he'd call me back next business day.. Crickets.

I'd go in person but it's a planeride away.
I haven't wanted to be a bother to these nice peeps since my res was so late and I know they're busy.. But surely I should have heard something by now, right?
Sponsored