FastM400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator L, Wrangler JKU, Noble M400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We got 3 carseats across the back of our Wrangler, 2 Britax with the thick side bolsters and a rear facing in the middle. It was a bitch getting it all installed but now that they are a little older its easier with a booster seat in the middle. I honestly would rather to use the Lincoln though. :rolleyes:

I have 4 kids now, so no way we can all ride as a family in the Bronco or Wrangler, still getting a Bronco though.
Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah I don’t know how committed I’d be to drop 55k sight unseen on a loaded obx which would be a downgrade space-wise and physically not enough space for rear facing baby seats. Put trims, packages, etc etc aside, this is kind of a lynchpin in moving forward unless they could prove it wrong.

hopefully, it’s this stupid angle in the rear seat corner (attached) that’s shaving off 3-4” in the official dimension taking
7D858684-9A18-4D7F-81AC-B59F1763A5FB.jpeg
Yeah, hopefully it's measured from that seam before the angle. That would be much better.

MadMoose

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner / Tundra TRD Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Rear facing car seat fits just fine behind me(5’11”) in the driver seat in my 4runner and that only has 32.9” of legroom

BraptorAddict

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All the off-roaders will be laughing here.
But the recent photos over the past day show a super tight rear seat. The dimensions say 36.3” rear legroom which is fairly tight especially for a rear facing baby seat. Personally, I’m looking at the OBX trim for a family hauler, but not sure if this will work. We are as tight as could be in our Subaru Outback and that has 39” of rear legroom. Wrangler owners have similar complaints with upright tight seats and Jeep shows 2” of additional rear legroom over the bronco (surprisingly). Did Ford drop the ball here? Or am I overthinking this?

when do you think we will be able to see a bronco in the flesh to test out the rear space before going hard on bigger deposit (heard November?). This could obviously be a non starter.
If you are thinking about babyseats, you're looking at the wrong vehicle IMHO. The rear seat is definitely going to be tight... just try and fit a carseat into the back of a Ford Ranger Crew Cab and you'll have a good idea of the space. It ain't much. If you've got carseats to worry about, get a Toyota Highlander... they have 41" of rear seat legroom and its FANTASTIC for carseats.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you are thinking about babyseats, you're looking at the wrong vehicle IMHO. The rear seat is definitely going to be tight... just try and fit a carseat into the back of a Ford Ranger Crew Cab and you'll have a good idea of the space. It ain't much. If you've got carseats to worry about, get a Toyota Highlander... they have 41" of rear seat legroom and its FANTASTIC for carseats.
The Bronco is 2" longer than our XC60. So I'm expecting more or less equal size inside but a bit wider since it's 6" or so wider. It's not going to be the kid hauler, Volvo will still be the boss of that. Unless schedules change.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
how... even the 2020 escape has almost 41” of rear legroom .

BraptorAddict

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Bronco is 2" longer than our XC60. So I'm expecting more or less equal size inside but a bit wider since it's 6" or so wider. It's not going to be the kid hauler, Volvo will still be the boss of that. Unless schedules change.
Because of the roll-bar structure, and the big fender clearance for the 35" tires, I bet it'll feel a lot tighter than the XC60.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Rear facing car seat fits just fine behind me(5’11”) in the driver seat in my 4runner and that only has 32.9” of legroom
I've read that. Toyota also says the Tacoma has 32. That's less than an inch difference from the 4Runner. And it's bullshit. 4Runner has a crapton more room in the back seat than a taco. Like a taco is unacceptable levels of cramped. That's why I have a Tundra. Two rear facing seats ain't gonna work in a taco unless the people up front have no legs. 4Runner is perfectly fine.

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because of the roll-bar structure, and the big fender clearance for the 35" tires, I bet it'll feel a lot tighter than the XC60.
plus aren't the bronco dimensions listed to the back of the spare? I'm looking at the 2 door and am hoping the room is similar to the wife's fiesta.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've read that. Toyota also says the Tacoma has 32. That's less than an inch difference from the 4Runner. And it's bullshit. 4Runner has a crapton more room in the back seat than a taco. Like a taco is unacceptable levels of cramped. That's why I have a Tundra. Two rear facing seats ain't gonna work in a taco unless the people up front have no legs. 4Runner is perfectly fine.
something must be wrong in the 4Runner dimension.

we passed on a merc GLk a few years ago (that was 34” vs broncos stated 35”). The rear was just too tight for an an infant seat. And again, our outback is 39” rear seat and that is just enough room for me to comfortably sit in the front passenger seat (6-1”). I have an inch or two between my knees and the dash. And outback has 1.5” of more front leg room than bronco. So overall I’m losing 4-5” between front/rear

Last edited:

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
something must be wrong in the 4Runner dimension.

we passed on a merc GLk a few years ago (that was 34” vs broncos stated 35”). The rear was just too tight for an an infant seat.
It must be. Or they're measuring from a different spot lol.

I wanted a taco, but the kids wouldn't fit. So I moved to 4Runner. Tons of room in the back seat...but there were 0 4Runner Trails available in the Gulf States region for 6 months solid (this was in 2013). So I bought a Tundra.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My issue is going to be the fact that i can sit in the exact same vehicle with the only difference being auto vs manual and i have to sit 2-3" father back to comfortably operate the clutch on the manual. I have literally said im going to buy a car based on testing rear leg room in an automatic, and then scrapping the vehicle entirely when i sat in a manual and saw the room difference. We'll just have to wait and see. Wife refuses to buy an automatic, and so do i, so we're going to have to see it before we buy it.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yup that’s what prompted me to do the research. Theres minimal leg room left in the rear. If he’s 6-6 assume half is in his legs. Move the seat up 3” for a 6-0” driver and your left with just enough space for a crappy snugfit rear facing baby seat. Which IMO is not the route to go in a car like this
Sponsored