First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Next email will be that Ford will no longer be offering a 2 door Bronco and that the vehicle you saw in the launch videos was only a concept. Sorry for any misunderstanding.
Sponsored

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Second source?
Multiple sources but a reasonable threat of legal issues for disclosing.

I'll share what I can, when I can.

In short the issue is stabilized but far from settled.

JonnyG99

Badlands
First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another way to think about it is that most 2 door orders will be auto delayed to at LEAST 22.
I just got off the phone with the customer service line in the email - was told that they will continue to build 2 doors with the MIC carbonized gray top through 2021. Some 2 - doors might get pushed into 2022. I reserved mine in July 2020, I don't know how close to the front of the line that puts me. (I also ordered the Sasquatch which I believe will push things further back?)

AZBronco73

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands SAS, 2015 Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Output at Webasto is normalizing but not at a rate that will keep up with current demand.

There are, um, other things in the works now to remedy the problem.

They're slower, uglier processes, but the supplier hasn't really left them a choice.
So without actually saying it out loud, it sounds like Ford is looking at getting an additional roof supplier.

Greggvh

Outer Banks
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ram, 18 Charger, 01 Mustang, 98 Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm a VIN holder and got the email. Also I'm a 2 door MIC order. My blend date is 6/30. My original scheduled week was July 19th. They pushed me up a month for some reason.
I am with you other then I have a 4 door MIC that moved up to 6/30 but still got the email.

Sponsored

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a VIN holder and got the email. Also I'm a 2 door MIC order. My blend date is 6/30. My original scheduled week was July 19th. They pushed me up a month for some reason.
I was originally a 6/14 week. Now at 7/12. Hoping I don’t get pushed out further.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So without actually saying it out loud, it sounds like Ford is looking at getting an additional roof supplier.
if i could put money on it

they likely will not even produce the mod top with webasto which is why its delayed so long

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh, this whole time I kept saying I wouldn’t change my build… However, if they are providing the “prep kit” it might be tempting enough to go to a soft top for now. Then picking up a hard top in the future (and likely, there will be other companies offering roof solutions too I’d guess).

Time to think this one out…

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But what if you have a June, July, or August build? Do you not get the prep kit?
It would seem those people are SOL....not good for them, but good for people who have to wait.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ugh, this whole time I kept saying I wouldn’t change my build… However, if they are providing the “prep kit” it might be tempting enough to go to a soft top for now. Then picking up a hard top in the future (and likely, there will be other companies offering roof solutions too I’d guess).

Time to think this one out…
I hate soft tops but it seems if ford is willing to add prep kits they are signalling a cold winter for 4 door owners

If i ordered a 4 door i would be on the phone with my dealer for a prep kit and a soft top

Sponsored

JonnyG99

Badlands
First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So people are scratching their heads about the email but i think I understand what ford is doing.

So webasto screwed them over big time and its too late to fix everything in time to make everyone happy. So they are telling 4 door owners "hey we screwed up if you want your bronco faster get the soft top with(free) prep kit"

Meanwhile they are likely shifting hard top production to the 2 door which does not have a soft top option (which also has a smaller order quantity compared to 4 doors) so they can knock those orders all out and move production to full steam with the 4 door

The mod top thing was sort of expected. As they cant even get normal roofs out. But a year of customer feedback is a long time and will make the product better.
I hope this is right! I was able to get through on that customer service number and they did say that two doors will continue to be built through 2021 with the carbonized gray MIC top.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Multiple sources but a reasonable threat of legal issues for disclosing.

I'll share what I can, when I can.

In short the issue is stabilized but far from settled.
Understood.
I dealt with a “potential” supply contract for another OEM. The terms were pretty great if everything went well. Was really bad if it went sour. As in said OEM would take over and essentially own our company.
We respectfully passed on the deal.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hate soft tops but it seems if ford is willing to add prep kits they are signalling a cold winter for 4 door owners

If i ordered a 4 door i would be on the phone with my dealer for a prep kit and a soft top
I do like soft tops from the standpoint they are easier to open it up, especially when you factor in removing the rear shell vs. Simply pushing the soft top all the way back. There’s definitely pros and cons for both.

Where I live, we don’t get much snow and winter’s are very mild, so a soft top isn’t the end of the world vs. Other parts of the country.

bsmith922

Raptor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Output at Webasto is normalizing but not at a rate that will keep up with current demand.

There are, um, other things in the works now to remedy the problem.

They're slower, uglier processes, but the supplier hasn't really left them a choice.
Now I'm curious to know if today's email is the one that Ross speculated (in another thread) would be going out next Friday, or if there is another bad news email coming out next week. Just trying to prepare myself...
Sponsored