JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, as a 2dr MIC top with a boatload of constraints and an extremely early Res. Date/time, nothing changes. Still in a holding pattern.

The only thing I’m now considering is possibly ditching, Lux for high and dropping Sas and the 2.7 auto for 2.3 manual and the black high gloss wheels. Maybe that will help? I wish my salesman would talk to me and discuss options. My guy is worthless. Any takers? I have a 7/13 6:10Pm MT reservation and #1 of 56 allocation and no build date.
I think you are in a good position to hold out and get what you want.
Sponsored

fire282

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is insane.

They already are. Ford and Webasto are such clusterfuck that Jeep has already had time to respond to a vehicle that's barely even started shipping. First the 392, now the 'Xtreme Recon'. Not to mention the hybrid as well...

Ford is pathetic. They should've been looking for an alternate hardtop supplier a year ago.
I've been very patient......until now. Have a 7/13/20 order, code 99 for a 22 to get a body color top......now this!! My son in law just bought a 392 and I've driven it and it's badass.... so I'm now looking at jeep.com more and more. Even with all the Ford caveats I may have to check out. I can't see waiting until 2023 and I'm NOT willing to settle for something I really don't want.
I haven't completely made up my mind, but Ford is helping me. Am I wrong?

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, as a likely my22 order already (2-door BL w/hi) I am now very glad I went out and bought a my21 Ranger XLT Off Road, and can spend time customizing and playing in the dirt with it. I will see how much I like it and then decide if I want to keep my Bronco order or not. Getting really fed up with Ford's broken commitments.

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm even more confused by this email. I have a day one res, 4 door MIC order with no build date. Would switching to soft top increase my chance of getting it sooner?

Sponsored

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sorry, I didn’t go through the entire thread, but I’d like to reply as a marketing guy….

great news…Broncos are rolling of the line…we didn’t follow any rules that we put out, but guess what we’re making cars. You NEVER tell your customer that there is great news, I have a product that you can’t actually have!

constraints…we’re going to do whatever we want and our computer systems are from 1998, so we should be good:

I now follow this forum for comedy vs actually wanting to buy a Ford.
But the stock price will be awesome because they just announced a Maverick right?!

MAFD

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 328i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How will a customer be able to get a hardtop roof when available in 2023? Hardtop roofs will be available as an accessory ordered through their dealership. While we cannot provide a price yet, the freight shipping costs to get the roofs to dealers will cause the cost to be more than the factory installed option

How about I order the soft top and YOU assume the freight costs when the Hard Top becomes available in the future? :unsure:

Not only do I have to wait 2 years, now I have to pay you more??? Stop giving me stupid points and apply them towards the freight cost :mad:

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So, as a 2dr MIC top with a boatload of constraints and an extremely early Res. Date/time, nothing changes. Still in a holding pattern.

The only thing I’m now considering is possibly ditching, Lux for high and dropping Sas and the 2.7 auto for 2.3 manual and the black high gloss wheels. Maybe that will help? I wish my salesman would talk to me and discuss options. My guy is worthless. Any takers? I have a 7/13 6:10Pm MT reservation and #1 of 56 allocation and no build date.
If it helps, I switched from 2.7L to 2.3L, Sasquatch to optional BL wheels, Lux to High, and no Tow. May not help, but it is the best I can do.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wait a second, I was assured Ford wasn’t intelligent enough to figure out how to add a “hardtop prep kit.”
I could see this coming a few months ago and was told not gonna happen.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

going to read between the lines here, and this is postulation and hypothesis.

But I know one thing that can happen between now and when MY23 production starts. A new supplier can be spun up and readied. and I'd put a fiver down right now that that's what Ford just did. Told Webasto to go get fucked and that they're filling any orders under contract, and that some other company is handling the important shit, since Webasto certainly can't

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So...I'm taking a chance here as I haven't read all 29 pages. But this email didn't strike me as all bad news.

If you were waiting for '22 for the mod top or white top, well, it's all bad news. Gotta wait until '23.

If you are waiting for a MIC top, not much has changed from before the email - they're still a major constraint, and so much so that they will be out of orders for a soft top and not enough MICs to finish Broncos coming off the line, so they'll be making stock soft tops before the end of MY21. But you can keep waiting and some are going to get their MIC tops this year and for some this will push them back to MY22. That actually squares with what we already were hearing. But, this email in no way says there won't be more MIC tops scheduled this year.

If you were one of those who wants a MIC but were saying to Ford that you'd switch to a soft top if they made the connections available so you could get a hard top later, congratulations - your feedback was heard and you can do that!

So, definitely a mixed bag. I think the worst news out of the email is that there won't be MICs available for part orders until 2023. That means they anticipate them continuing to be a constraint throughout the next calendar year. I'd bet they still think they can get through all customer orders next year (other than those who opt to wait for MY23 options, of course), but they will build some dealer stock before they make hard tops available through the parts counter. That last part is pure speculation on my part.

Lashedup

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, so Oreo sandwich of constructive criticism - good/bad/good

Kudos to Ford for getting in front of what is clearly a major cluster with hardtop Bronco's. Webasto is officially not just a mess but clearly a cluster F. I feel for Ford, as Webasto is generally a good supplier, and I'll extend some sympathy for attempting to tool up a new factory during a pandemic. I've worked with other manufacturers of the Germany persuasion, and Webasto has largely been solid as a supplier. But clearly this is a big mess they really rather not have on their face.

Now bad - what a major screw up. I'll preface by saying that Ford could be hedging (smart at this point) and saying 2023 to set expectations till things get up caught up. But, this really is a giant supplier mess that no manufacturer wants. It sucks, and Webasto can do better. Ford can only go on what a given supplier tells them, but at some point there is a panic mode and Ford is obviously past that at this point. Now, having worked around German's most of my life, I do think Webasto (a Germany company) will make changes to try and correct their current path. At their core, they want to succeed regardless of how screwed up the process is to get there. :)

Now good to wrap it up - This is text book setting expectations (albeit late again but pandemic-whatever) on Ford's part. They are trying to communicate what's going on in the best and most positive way possible (which cynically means it could be worse!). However, I think Ford is setting the goalposts out there quite a bit with a 2023 target and will likely do much better in the long run. I do believe many of these issues will be a mere footnote (that many of us will remember) in 6-12 months time.

Meanwhile, I'm so looking forward to early adopters experiences, mod reports, quality reports and much more.

Cheers!

🍻
Sponsored