Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

"We anticipate that hardtop roofs will be available for purchase in the 2023 calendar year" WTH?

This is now getting pretty ridiculous.....I'm not ordering a soft top on a 50k dollar vehicle. I'm not going to lie this maybe the nail in the coffin for the Bronco if thats the case. I'm down to one car thinking I would have a Bronco by now.

Edit: Where is the discounts from Ford as well for staying loyal through this whole ordeal???
Funny part is theyā€™ve known this info for a while now. But are barely reporting out on it... wish they could stop doing these BS communication emails and just be honest. Every time we get an email we are getting months old information. Lol sucks
Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As long as we are continuing to dog pile on the rabbit....I grit my teeth every time I see an email signed "The Entire Bronco Team ".

No this isn't from the entire Bronco team. There are a ton of team members holding up their end of the bargain.

Have some management balls when you send an email that nukes an entire year for a product offering like a mod top or reverses course on a major item like dealerships getting stock before orders are filled.

Whoever is calling the balls and strike on this product at Ford should be signing his\her name to these love letters and not hiding behind an anonymous group name.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

yep. It's a fuckin' car....not getting it doesn't keep me off the trails and it will be all the sweeter when it gets here- how I want it.

As a bonus, all this BS doesn't affect me or stress me out. I feel for those who are anxious though, just don't understand it, there are options out there.
God bless ya bro!!

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
so does this mean us Wildtrak reservation holders have the option for the soft top now too? If thatā€™s the case, Iā€™ll take a soft top. I emailed Sean but havenā€™t heard back yet.
He's out today. I don't think that is an option. I'd suggest going badlands/Sasquatch to get as close as you could.

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just left my dealership, where I asked the same question. The answer was yes, but I would have to switch from high to mid, drop the led headlights, switch wheels, and couple of other items. I was completely perplexed with the required changes which seemingly have nothing to do with the top.
For the same reason you can't get a manual + mid package on a Black Diamond. Which is to say no reason at all other than it's coded "F-U"

Sponsored

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, mine is already paid in full, so I am hoping that Ford manages to build my MY21 by December 2020 (or earlier) as promised. So I own a $47,953 myth... At least I can say that I know the VIN.
How the F did you get a two door vin?
how many vins exist for two doors, like 3??

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, mine is already paid in full, so I am hoping that Ford manages to build my MY21 by December 2020 (or earlier) as promised. So I own a $47,953 myth... At least I can say that I know the VIN.
Huh? You paid the entire price of the vehicle sight unseen well before it arrives?

I saw an email posted that talked about points, but mine didn't mention ford pass points at all... So maybe we didn't all get the same email.
There were 3 different emails sent out depending on what you originally ordered.

How does everyone read this?
  • Price Protection Extension thru 2023 model year - We'll continue to offer price protection to all Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021) to ensure you will not see an increase in MSRP if you receive an equivalent 2023 model year Bronco.
I originally reserved a Big Bend, decided I wanted a BaseManSquatch but then changed to Badlands to get mid package. My reservation was converted to an order on March 18th, but set at 99, but it doesnā€™t appear my submitted build was used. Iā€™m reading equivalent to mean Big Bend and not Badlands.

Anyone else reading it this way?
What did you ORDER? A Badlands or Big Bend. It sounds like it applies to whatever you ORDERED if you placed an order. Though it's hard to determine because if you ordered something already, the reservation wouldn't matter.

Thatā€™s not true either. Transparent would be telling us EXACTLY what the issues are with hard top production are AS they discover them. To this day none of us know what the official problems are other than rumor.

For obvious reasons they have shared selective information whenever they absolutely had to. But that is a far cry from being transparent.

I would even give them credit if they said, ā€œHey if you switch to a soft top now, ordering a Mod top in ā€˜23 will cost you $X + $X for shipping. Thatā€™s being more transparent and allowing their customers to make informed decisions. As of right now we have to take them at their word which, no matter the circumstances, has been crap
No company is going to tell you EXACTLY what is going wrong.

Iā€™m disappointed that I waited till after the MY21 order bank closed only because I knew I wouldnā€™t be a MY21 order because of the MOD top. I miss the price protection date by 11 days cause I figured since I was a MY22, it wouldnā€™t matter. Just hoping the price doesnā€™t go up a bunch between now and September when I put in a MY22 order.
As someone pointed out, it appears to also apply to anyone that had a reservation as of March whatever it was 2021.

I agree they should've applied it to any applicable orders.

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

He's out today. I don't think that is an option. I'd suggest going badlands/Sasquatch to get as close as you could.
Hey Zach! Can we assume that if we have a reservation/order code 99 with you, and want to wait for the MY23, that our $2k below invoice pricing will still be locked in for us?

Ukon

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

wow. How long ago did they finalize the design of the hard top? Covid, I get it. But this seems more like a crappy job of outsourcing to me. I am glad I wanted a soft top anyway, but I feel for you 2 door and and hard top option folks. This really hurts my level of trust in Ford's ability to do their job. Inread about how badly the last big explorer roll out went...
Kid,
how do yah get a fahhhhkin soft top living on the Not Showahh?
Between the fahhhhhhkin snow and the fahhhhhhkin junkies you will be fahhhhhhhked!

Sponsored

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Actual ā€˜63 or ā€˜63 1/2?
Actually I checked and it was a 64 black coupe, small block V8 and an automatic with a console shifter. Bucket front seats.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I told my sales guy to find out when I can make this switch and be 100% sure I will not suddenly get scheduled for July or August and don't get the prep kit. Once he finds that info I'll tell him to make the switch then. I wanted the soft top more than the hard top anyways, but not w/o the wiring stuff. The ease of opening and closing just beats the better looks of the MIC top IMO.

So once my sales guy finds out and makes the change, one of you I guess should move up a slot for the next MIC top. Good luck!

leviticusw

Outer Banks
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis, Isuzu Trooper
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

ā€œFree Hardtop Prep Kit - Today we're announcing that all 4-door soft tops, beginning with September production, will include a hardtop prep kit at no additional cost. The prep kit enables you to order a soft top now and purchase a hardtop later. We anticipate that hardtop roofs will be available for purchase in the 2023 calendar year. If you're interested contact your dealer before July 16, 2021.ā€

THIS IS STRAIGHT BULLSHIT! Why September and not July?

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I havenā€™t even sniffed a VIN. Closest Iā€™ve come to a VIN was watching Vinny in Welcome Back Kotter reruns. So no letter and no Vin. Looks like Iā€™m an aberration.

You are not alone there. I am in the same boat with no email, no VIN, and still no clue on production date.

I was thinking about what that may work out to:

Based on the email:
"Scheduled for Production - This will give you an approximate build date, 45-60 days in advance."

Assuming we somehow get lucky and get scheduled next week, add the 45 days to production (6 weeks), then 4 to 6 weeks for delivery, its 10 weeks out at a minimum (may get lucky and get a shorter ship time): 7/1 + 10 weeks puts you at 9/9-ish.

That's frustrating. I hope it works out better than that in the real world for both of us.
Sponsored