First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FUCK YOU Ford. The biggest slap in the fucking face is telling us reservation holders that you're sending Broncos to DEALERS for the general public, BEFORE we get ours? What a fucking crock. I have a serious bad taste in my mouth now. Go fuck yourself Ford. Promises broken one after another.
Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Anyone have any insight how this affects someone that ā€˜99ā€™d a FE? Particularly, is there any problem un ā€˜99ing one and how does price protection work if deferred to ā€˜23 since they say on an equivalent vehicle and obviously no FE in ā€˜23.

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, as a likely my22 order already (2-door BL w/hi) I am now very glad I went out and bought a my21 Ranger XLT Off Road, and can spend time customizing and playing in the dirt with it. I will see how much I like it and then decide if I want to keep my Bronco order or not. Getting really fed up with Ford's broken commitments.
I donā€™t get this mentality at all. Youā€™re fed up with Ford so you went and bought a Ford to show them whoā€™s boss.

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford ā€œDo or do not. There is no try.ā€

Fix yo self!

Seriously, this is embarrassing, and pathetic. WTFā€¦ WTF

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone have any insight how this affects someone that ā€˜99ā€™d a FE? Particularly, is there any problem un ā€˜99ing one and how does price protection work if deferred to ā€˜23 since they say on an equivalent vehicle and obviously no FE in ā€˜23.
I will tell you how it works. There is NO equivalent. Any update (I.e. felt liner in the cup holder, Sync 6, new headliner, full leather instead of leather trimmed marine vinyl, etc, etc., etc.) is NOT equivalent. Same car, different model name? NOT equivalent. Fancy green paint job? Not equivalent.

Heritage will certainly have something that is NOT equivalent to the FE and God knows what changes they are going to make across the lineup.. Nothing will be equivalent. Be warned. Look at the past year. Donā€™t think this is the last email like this. Think about all the possibilities. Do you really trust Ford to hold to their word on price protection? Trust me. It wonā€™t play into anyoneā€™s favor, ever. Donā€™t get played. If someone thinks they are gonna game this system. They need to remember that the house always wins.

Last edited:

Sponsored

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After this letter its a lose/lose situation. July is a total writeoff since two weeks of the month the plant is shut down. Then ford has to set aside 7000+ mic tops for the First edition orders since those have to made in my21, ford does not carry over first editions to my22. That dont leave much of the year left to make mic equiped vehicles. plus like others said whats with the magic july 16th date? if i switch my order to a soft top before july 16 is ford going to guarantee me a september build date? i dont want the vehicle if its not prepped for the hardtop. Plus the way this letter is worded and all the back log of Bronco orders it might be 2023 before you even get a chance to buy the hardtop for your bronco. Our only hope is like others said cross your fingers that some other companies come out with a mic top in the after market because they smell money since webasto dropped the ball. I'd bet ford would charge several hundred dollars extra to ship the mic top to your dealer 1-2 years from now, and install it. For me in two weeks it will be one year i been waiting on the reserve list. I also ordered it first day the order banks opened in January. And my Outer banks has every option ford said there short on. So i view it as i got a better chance of getting hit by lightning then seeing my vehicle in the next year.

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"we won't be able to solely produce customer orders."

So they'll be producing thousands of 4DR Big Bends with soft tops for dealers to sell while we wait for the hardtop Broncos we ordered a year ago. Unreal.

And 2DR Bronco orders are screwed. Lovely.
So basically unless I compromise Iā€™m getting mine in ā€˜23? Not OK! Well perhaps this is best news since Iā€™m going to see what the new 4Runner will be. Hey Ford, I would love to pair the ol mustang with a Bronco but I guess it may not happen. FYI there are other choices out there.

Trino351c

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, John Deere Tractor, Snowshoes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So 2 door orders just get screwed. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad: :mad:
Ford Bronco 6/25 Email & FAQ: Modular Hardtops Delayed Until 2023MY | Price Protection Extension | Free Hardtop Prep Kit 7CD078E8-7E86-4C2E-829E-0DC89A54D98C

It says 2 doors will still be produced and that the hard top is the only option. That leads me to believe the problem is with the 4 door mic top.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is insane.

They already are. Ford and Webasto are such clusterfuck that Jeep has already had time to respond to a vehicle that's barely even started shipping. First the 392, now the 'Xtreme Recon'. Not to mention the hybrid as well...

Ford is pathetic. They should've been looking for an alternate hardtop supplier a year ago.
ā€œFree Hardtop Prep Kit - Today we're announcing that all 4-door soft tops, beginning with September production, will include a hardtop prep kit at no additional cost. The prep kit enables you to order a soft top now and purchase a hardtop later. We anticipate that hardtop roofs will be available for purchase in the 2023 calendar year. If you're interested contact your dealer before July 16, 2021.ā€

THIS IS STRAIGHT BULLSHIT! Why September and not July?
I would guess it's because of builds already scheduled? IMHO, all 4-doors should be soft tops until the hard top constraints are resolved. The hard top prep kit should be standard PERIOD. Ford needs to stop trying to be politically correct (if that's possible in 2021?) and just build as many 21' Bronco's as they can. All hardtops are 2-door, until a soft top is available, and all 4-doors are soft top until 22' when they can catch up with MIC tops and 23' or the white or painted tops. Can't Bestop or whoever is making the 2-door fast back tops step in and help. I'll take my 2-door with a softtop and no hard top prep kit. Just give me the damn Bronco!!

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And don't even get me started on the building dealer stock before orders/reservations...you cannot defend that
The biggest slap in the fucking face is telling us reservation holders that you're sending Broncos to DEALERS for the general public, BEFORE we get ours?
I get the frustration. But, if there are no hard tops available, and all soft top orders have been filled, they're not going to stop building Broncos. They're gonna slap soft tops on them and sell them.

It sucks, but the only remedy at this point would be ford saying "since we can't build the ones that were ordered, we won't build any at all, even though we could sell these with a different top."

They aren't screwing order holders because they want to...they basically have no choice.

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco 6/25 Email & FAQ: Modular Hardtops Delayed Until 2023MY | Price Protection Extension | Free Hardtop Prep Kit 7CD078E8-7E86-4C2E-829E-0DC89A54D98C

It says 2 doors will still be produced and that the hard top is the only option. That leads me to believe the problem is with the 4 door mic top.
The problem is with hard tops in general. They'll keep building both 4 door and 2 door hard tops.

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm unclear how this makes any sense.

We can't produce enough hard tops, and now we're having to produce more soft tops than planned.

So how does that equal producing Broncos outside of what customers have ordered?

You going to produce some Broncos with NO top to sell on the lots to people that didn't reserve an order a year ago?
Why canā€™t they make a metal version of the MIC top? Or if thatā€™s difficult then a shell with a sun roof or no roof! Whatever just stamped sheet metal-roof by Ford!

WCS67

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, how is green on MIC or a soft top going to look?
I had been thinking of green with the white top. Apparently that ainā€™t going to happen now. I canā€™t believe its going to take another year to get the top situation worked out!

Mama_Dropt_Me

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Surbaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Didnā€™t order a Bronco to get a Ford, ordered a Bronco to get a Bronco. Stickinā€™ with my Wildtrak. If I get it great. If I donā€™t, well, thatā€™s just how it went. Short of dropping or changing our orders, which doesnā€™t guarantee anything at all, we are all powerless.

Waken2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My current Ford will not last much longer leaving me no option but to spend my money on something else. I canā€™t wait for Ford to solve these production issues.
The Bronco 2dr is the first vehicle that Iā€™ve wanted to buy in a long timeā€¦.Iā€™m seriously bummed.
Sponsored