Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im glad I got the 2.7 over the 2.3.
I hear this a lot from people who haven’t driven the 2.3L. You have to remember the 2.7 only has 30 more HP than the 2.3.

As someone who’s driven both, they feel almost identical, unless you’re on a steep hill. Acceleration and speed is pretty much the same.

FastAndLight

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, BMW M5, BMW 325iX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The blue looks amazing, I took the pictures with my relatively new iphone and thats exactly what it looked like with afternoon sun.

If you want a boy proof car i would stick with MGV

not only will it likely be stain resistant , but also be very easy to repair if any tears/stabs occur (youtube search vinyl repair)

I dont think there will be much difference between the badlands and the wildtrack other than the swaybar , but having seen videos , unless you are doing serious rock crawling or really messy trails the wildtrack will take you there. Most likely faster with better gas milage too since there is no armor weighing down the car
Thank you for the reply. I hadn't considered the mpg and acceleration impact of the extra armor that I will maybe never need. I have no doubt my capabilities and nerves will give out before I even come close to the limitations of this truck, in any trim level. Also, I had forgotten that all of the accents on the Wildtrack are black, which is my preference.

I think cloth will be cooler in the GA sun, and I think 40 years of materials science has probably produced much better automotive cloth than the base Tempo of the 80s. Do we have a sense as to whether the cloth in the Sport is the same as the Wildtrack? I'm sure I can find a sport locally to get my fingers into before I get my VIN and can't make any more changes.

BigDeal

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

WARNING to all early build holders who are getting the car delivered soon this summer
That's a joke right? I have WT on order 4 door with all the build killers and I do not think I will be seeing it this summer.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the post! Super concerning this is the second post today calling out idiot drivers too busy taking pictures while driving. I’ll be sure to install my dash camera as soon as I get home.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need all yall A51 fan boys to stick to A51 and not switch over to VB. Thats my color and I want to stand out in a sea of your gray blah Broncos.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So the guys at bob davidson were super nice and allowed me to do some laps in the bronco they have (2 door wildtrak in velocity blue).

Here are some quick points. If you have questions ask. However it was a short test drive and im not used to these types of cars so im not exactly an expert.

1. The 2.7 engine is fast. Maybe its just an upgrade from my current car. But the engine felt like a waverunner while pulling onto the highway. I tried 3 modes , eco , normal , and sport mode. Anybody who bought a wildtrak is going to be SHOCKED at how cool sport mode is and everyone who got a badlands is going to be sad they dont have it (me). You can tell a major difference between normal/eco and sport. However i could not tell a difference between the eco and normal modes. Keep in mind , i started driving the car on eco , and pulling onto the highway with it still surprised me at how quick it was. But again , old car driver. Im glad i got the 2.7 over the 2.3. Sport mode going on the highway feels less like a truck and more like a sports car.

2. The ride is great. We went on the highway , and drove through some typical maryland roads (massive potholes and patches). Despite the large bumps the car ate them effortlessly. I would have been shaking in any other car. I could not notice any "tire noise" so i think ford did the right thing with the tires.

3. Open air experience is awesome. Never owned a jeep but its just nice to have the sun and air. Have not ridden in a roof off jeep so i cant compare roof off noise but i didnt really notice any major wind noise beyond what you would expect. Wasnt bothering me at all

4. The car is very large with the sasquatch. So much so , that at least in the 2 door , getting in and out of it is actually a pain in the ass. However im a smaller guy (5' 8). If you got the sasquatch and are not a sasquatch yourself , you should think about ordering side steps. Also its a massive pain to get into the back seat of the 2 door , there are no grab handles to assist you squeezing in. But once you are back there , its a ton of room and super comfortable.

5. The seating is great. It was cloth seating and it felt awesome. Very comfortable. However one rain storm and i feel like these would get trashed quick. Glad i got MGV.

6. the ability to switch driving modes on the fly is very cool. I think this type of "on the fly tuning" is going to get very popular.

7. Auto start stop sucks and doesnt make any sense coming from an older car.

WARNING to all early build holders who are getting the car delivered soon this summer. BE CAREFUL. the amount of defensive driving you will have to do is going to be extreme until these start showing up everywhere. Somebody almost hit me during the test drive and people were taking pictures and filming. You likely wont be left alone in parking lots.

25B06EC6-8B16-4CE3-AEE2-0B1BFB8152B9.jpeg

F36E6275-2917-47C2-896E-ABBD93E425A6.jpeg

C2A3D0E0-9106-441D-B036-8AFF5F38B6F3.jpeg

7C31CBAA-B676-4767-91F1-58A65386832D.jpeg
That is awesome! Oh my god...Bob Davidson on good old, Joppa Rd. I grew up in that area - Satyr Hill and Cromwell Bridge Rd. Went to LR too and bailed out of Baltimore in 2004 and wound up here in Vegas. Ah and Joppa Liquors across the street too....

Sponsored
OP
OP

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How was the transmission? Any problems?

-SG
again i would not know how to judge it. It seems like the different modes change the shifting times. I didnt really pay attention. It felt smooth i guess

OP
OP

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the post! Super concerning this is the second post today calling out idiot drivers too busy taking pictures while driving. I’ll be sure to install my dash camera as soon as I get home.
I would suggest it. The first few weeks of these things showing up is gonna be like when the cyber truck shows up

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for review.

Someone should establish a security perimeter around that hard top.

OP
OP

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for review.

Someone should establish a security perimeter around that hard top.
its been really nice this week so i think they just left it off the car

Abramsman1

Raptor
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My exact build right here except Cyber Orange for me. I can't wait. It truly sucks not having a build date yet or any insight whatsoever but it'll be worth it I know it
Sponsored