First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hear this a lot from people who havenā€™t driven the 2.3L. You have to remember the 2.7 only has 30 more HP than the 2.3.

As someone whoā€™s driven both, they feel almost identical, unless youā€™re on a steep hill. Acceleration and speed is pretty much the same.
I suspect that won't be the case once you flash a tune to the ECU.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a fan, sorry. I am a product of the 80's. šŸ¤˜šŸ¤˜
Big hair bands rock too, but it's practically the law to like grunge in the PNW.

PCgrad98

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™d prefer the roof bars be painted black on these bright colors. Otherwise looks great.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Big hair bands rock too, but it's practically the law to like grunge in the PNW.
Well i'd be breaking the the law daily then. IMO, the only good thing that came out of that era was Chris Cornell. And that didn't end well either. šŸ™ Audioslave's self titled Album is in my top 5 all-time.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It doesn't perform anything like Sport. Baja on the street is not good.
Can you explain? As best Iā€™ve been able to surmise, the only difference in the settings is 4H for Baja versus 2h/4A for sport. Iā€™m probably wrong as usual though.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can you explain? As best Iā€™ve been able to surmise, the only difference in the settings is 4H for Baja versus 2h/4A for sport. Iā€™m probably wrong as usual though.
My experience is with my Raptor. The Raptor has both Sport and Baja. In Baja you can switch to 2wd. However in Baja the RPM's are held high to keep the turbos spooled. Sport on the street is fun and useful. Baja on the street is no fun. The shift points are very high and when you let off the gas it holds the RPM rather than shift to the next gear. Off road Baja is useful and fun as long as you have an open area to utilize the speed.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Silver-Bolt ok... Baja in your truck sounds like sport in my truck... granted, mine is just a regular 150, so maybe itā€™s tuned differently. Thanks for explaining.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Silver-Bolt ok... Baja in your truck sounds like sport in my truck... granted, mine is just a regular 150, so maybe itā€™s tuned differently. Thanks for explaining.
Sport for mine hits all 10 gears rather than skips gears, holds the RPMs higher, quicker throttle response, firmer shifts. Baja does all that plus holds the RPMs up when off the throttle rather than shifting to the next higher gear. On top of that all of the traction control nannies are very different from Sport to Baja. Driving the two back to back on the road I can tell you that Baja on the street is not good. I wouldn't use Baja on the street and I wouldn't use Sport off-road.

Sponsored
OP
OP

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with the new Bronco. I'm really glad to hear that the 2.7 is not the dog as reported in the 0-60 video!
its not a race car. Its bordering on being too heavy for its class. anybody sad at 8 seconds or whatever it is can rip half the stuff out and tune the engine i bet you can get this to like 4-5 seconds easy

Daniel821

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is this Bob Davidson's demo unit? Like will they have this on display until further notice? I'm in MD and would like to check it out. Not sure if they'd let me drive it since I ordered through another dealer though...
I also drove this and the guy told me that they are planning on putting 4k miles on it and then after that its a bid war to see who will pay the highest for it and take it home.

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great right up.

My wife have an Explorer with the 2.3L and it has sport mode...which makes a huge difference in driving experience. I love driving in sport mode, she doesnā€™t...so a person can really tell.

I was hoping that since we ordered the Badlands with 2.7 that sport mode wouldnā€™t be missed...sad to here it will be.

Guess I am gonna have to tune it! Darn...šŸ˜‚

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Never understood the hate for those digital camo seats. Those are the nicest cloth seats Iā€™ve seen.
It must be a generational thing - either the influence of Call of Duty, or coming of age after 911, IDK.

I still can't understand why the Navy threw out the traditional dungarees instead of just modernizing to say Wranglers, Levis, Lee or even Polo jeans and a dugaree shirt, over blueberry, and now desert digital camo. Now they are even proposing untucked shirt designs for other uniforms. The reason is recruiting and generational preferences.

But hey, I am older ...

And so, not my thing, but two of my sons think it's really nice.
Sponsored