First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t looked back since switching. When I want to see ads for whatever reason, I’ll open Safari instead.

For a much better search engine experience, I also use DuckDuckGo instead of Google. Much less invasive of privacy.
Oh my god, I have been missing out. This browser is light years better. The ads around here were bordering on being illegal they were so bad.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
This exact same behavior happens on the wireless charging pad in my bmw. Not good, but at least its not limited to the Bronco. Maybe it can be fixed in a software update.
It didn’t heat my phone up but it just charged so slow. It was borderline useless to me I had to plug my phone in.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Interestingly enough, they liked the standard stereo, while most non-pro reviews haven't been great.
If it's the same base radio Ford uses in the Ranger (I own a '20 SCAB) I will say it isn't that bad. I know audiophiles (whatever that is) say it's lacking, but they've never driven a 1963 Ford F-100 with just an AM radio. :)

Sponsored

audipwr1

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford and others
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think for many of us, the offroading will be pretty limited. They presold 200k? of these there arent that many people truly offroading beyond some dirt access roads and snow.

Its why tons of folks didnt cross shop a wrangler - they suck to drive on the interstate. If that were the case this YEAR wait tons of people would have driven over to jeep dealer and left the lot with a rubicon

I cross compare this with my raptor - it dominates dirt and snow, but set it on cruise control at 75mph and itll smash 200 miles of interstate quickly and quietly. I do it every weekend to our cabin.

So these reviews only somewhat make sense - I would never drive 200 miles on the highway in a wrangler.

orange_methodology

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Jalopnik with the sub videos is the best objective look.

Sponsored

Tory Brecht

Wildtrak
First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I find this observation from the Truth About Cars review to be a little troubling:

The Wrangler’s materials feel more upscale – and no one considers the Jeep’s cabin to be the height of luxury.

Now, I expected the Bronco to be pretty basic and not luxury car fancy. But I have friends with Jeeps and their interiors seem SUPER cheap and crappy to me. Is the Bronco really WORSE - even in the lux trims?

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Defender has an air suspension, when you set it to off road mode it raises up automatically to drastically improve clearance.

The Smoking Tire did a great review of it's off road capabilities, he was extremely impressed with it off road and on road .

If I had the money I'd get a 2 door defender, wish they made a cheaper less fancy version with the interior, which is why I've leaned towards the 2 door Bronco Base/Black Diamond.

Exactly, anyone who things Land Rovers/Range Rovers aren’t very competent off road vehicles is totally kidding themselves. No they might not crawl like a Rubicon but they can do a damn lot more than their traditional completion. Not reliable by any stretch but they’ll go places a Q7 would be stranded well before.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
So they cannot even put in fast charging?
The wireless charger was not fast but I also have a fairly thick case on my phone. YMMV, the USB-C charged my phone pretty fast though.
I find this observation from the Truth About Cars review to be a little troubling:

The Wrangler’s materials feel more upscale – and no one considers the Jeep’s cabin to be the height of luxury.

Now, I expected the Bronco to be pretty basic and not luxury car fancy. But I have friends with Jeeps and their interiors seem SUPER cheap and crappy to me. Is the Bronco really WORSE - even in the lux trims?
If you haven’t been in a JL or new Ram, FCA has the interior game down lock to a ridiculous level. Most people say the new F-150 isn’t as nice inside as the now 2 year old ram. The italians may not know a whole lot about building a reliable engine but they can definitely put an interior together 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait! What? You mean if I’m buying a 2 door Squatch Bronco so I can drive off road (and on) I won’t be disappointed.
Geez thanks Motor Trend for that amazing analysis.
No, they saId your on-road experience is going to be shit. But they also said If you are coming from a Jeep Wrangler then your view is so skewed for shit that you’ll think it’s an upgrade.. ;)

Last edited:

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No, they saId your on road experience is going to be shit. But they also said If you are coming from a Jeep Wrangler then your view is so skewed for shit that you’ll think it’s an upgrade.. ;)
I’m coming out of HMMWVs, 7 tons, MRAPs, and a 17 year old Dodge Ram. I bet the Bronco is a cushy beast.
Sponsored