First Name
croydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We just caught an intriguing new Ford Bronco prototype that has all the cues of an Overland-ready adventurer, running on the streets of Dearborn.

Overland Exterior Cues Abound
The newly disguised Bronco prototype has a reworked front-fascia, with a nicely integrated Warn winch. Heavy camouflage on the Bronco’s passenger-side A-pillar likely hides an exhaust snorkel to aid in ultimate water fording. A raised roof is found under the prototype’s rooftop camo, possibly hiding extra lighting, a cargo basket, or even a rooftop-mounted tent.

This particularly adventure-ready Bronco prototype is equipped with the Sasquatch package, for optimum clearance.

New Camouflage Easter Eggs
The graphic camouflage covering the front-fascia of this new Bronco is made up of a new range of Easter Eggs that serve as something of a mission statement for this prototype. The camo contains icons for numerous outdoor-focused activities: The Bronco logo, a mountain goat, mountains, pine trees, a gator, a snorkel, water, a compass, rocks, a flag, a hatchet, a camera, cactus with sun, a tent, and others couldn’t readily be deciphered.

Lighting Icon On Camo—Weather-Related Icon Or Hint At Hybrid Onboard Generator?
One of the camouflage icons appears to be a lightning bolt, and it is placed directly adjacent to the Bronco logo icon. Perhaps this is simply a weather-related feature that will be faced by any automotive overlander, but there is also the possibility that this points to hybridization. A hybrid powerplant with some form of the F-150’s Pro Power Onboard Generator would be an incredibly useful feature when camping in the middle of nowhere.

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-1.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-2.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-3.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-4.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-5.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-6.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-7.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-8.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-9.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-10.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-11.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-12.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-13.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-14.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-15.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-16.jpg
That's an intake snorkel not exhaust,
Sponsored

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We just caught an intriguing new Ford Bronco prototype that has all the cues of an Overland-ready adventurer, running on the streets of Dearborn.

The newly disguised Bronco prototype has a reworked front-fascia, with a nicely integrated Warn winch. Heavy camouflage on the Bronco’s passenger-side A-pillar likely hides an exhaust snorkel to aid in ultimate water fording. A raised roof is found under the prototype’s rooftop camo, possibly hiding extra lighting, a cargo basket, or even a rooftop-mounted tent.

This particularly adventure-ready Bronco prototype is equipped with the Sasquatch package, for optimum clearance.

The graphic camouflage covering the front-fascia of this new Bronco is made up of a new range of Easter Eggs that serve as something of a mission statement for this prototype. The camo contains icons for numerous outdoor-focused activities: The Bronco logo, a mountain goat, mountains, pine trees, a gator, a snorkel, water, a compass, rocks, a flag, a hatchet, a camera, cactus with sun, a tent, and others couldn’t readily be deciphered.

One of the camouflage icons appears to be a lightning bolt, and it is placed directly adjacent to the Bronco logo icon. Perhaps this is simply a weather-related feature that will be faced by any automotive overlander, but there is also the possibility that this points to hybridization. A hybrid powerplant with some form of the F-150’s Pro Power Onboard Generator would be an incredibly useful feature when camping in the middle of nowhere.

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-1.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-2.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-3.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-4.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-5.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-6.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-7.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-8.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-9.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-10.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-11.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-12.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-13.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-14.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-15.jpg

bronco-overland-sasquatch-prototype-testing-winch-snorkel-cargo-tent-16.jpg
Be nice if they spent less time on prototypes and focus on getting current launch completed....sorry couldn't resist.

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If having a winch, 360 camera, and nanny devices all working in unison is important to you and you are the type of person who doesn’t like to modify your own vehicles I would highly recommend you wait til the MY22 Bronco. I cannot give out more details because I don’t want people I know to lose their jobs but FORD is working on a solution. That being said I have a First Edition, still no build date, that I will still gladly take later this year and will retrofit FORD’s fix when available next year 😉.
Blink twice if the 7MT will be available with the V6 in 2022...

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What does that white driver side sticker say "EVB"? Could support the lightning bolt theory.
EVerglades Bronco - It has long been speculated that an Everglades Edition would have a snorkel. A number of the camo cues point to Florida. Florida has long been considered the lightning strike capital of the US (recent studies seem to indicate that OK has surpassed Florida). But it could also be a reference to incorporating the F-150's generator technology.

With regards to the flares and the spare wheel - they are definite clues to the Heritage Edition. I would suspect that each yearly edition will incorporate styling cues from prior top-tier editions. But I'm not convinced the Heritage will come to fruition with the recent Mod Top news. No one will be interested in paying for a Heritage Lite Edition without the white top. Ford could delay it to MY23 when the Mod Top is now slated for production. If so, then I don't think they will release another special edition like the Everglades Edition to compete with the Heritage. If the Heritage gets pushed out a year, then the Everglades Edition would be pushed to MY24.

Sponsored

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Without overstepping bounds... are these changes able to be retrofitted with Ford's solutions? Or if you're getting a MY21, are you stuck with whatever the Aftermarket comes up with?

Related: I also have a First Edition and would like a winch that doesn't block the camera.
I have no hard evidence since it is still very early in the process of coming up with a better solution, losts of testing goes into every minute change, but since the Bronco is modular I am confident guys like myself who are used to wrenching on their own vehicles should be able to apply the fix to their 2021 Broncos. FORD knows the front of the Bronco is technologically very busy and are attempting to reposition everything to make the best off-roader yet safe vehicle possible 😉.

Last edited:

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Without overstepping bounds... are these changes able to be retrofitted with Ford's solutions? Or if you're getting a MY21, are you stuck with whatever the Aftermarket comes up with?

Related: I also have a First Edition and would like a winch that doesn't block the camera.
And on a sidenote I remember you from the F.E. Navy pier debates, My fellow two door First Edition onyx interior brother 😁

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’re probably right. I don’t see how they do a well received Heritage in 2022 without a “contrasting white” top.
With the recent news of the tops, it only makes sense that the Everglades takes the spot of the Heritage for MY22 if even possible and the Heritage get pushed back to MY23 with the white tops.

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could accept that plate on the front of the winch if it's for the radar antenna preserving the ACC ...
From what I have seen the front license plate bracket is to be mounted right under the "BRONCO" badging for demographics that front license plates are mandatory... I guess this answers where it would be mounted for individuals with winch kit.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, intake snorkel. Exhausts don't need a snorkel due to backpressure.
True, until you go in deep and manage to kill the engine. Then, you need this:
hmmwv-dvic368.jpg

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Spied: Bronco Overland Sasquatch Prototype Caught Testing Winch, Snorkel and Roof Accessories hmmwv-dvic368

Ford Bronco Spied: Bronco Overland Sasquatch Prototype Caught Testing Winch, Snorkel and Roof Accessories hmmwv-dvic368

Very cool, we have seen several prototypes of various flavors running around the performance and electrification center. I am more and more interested in a hybrid.

Zenithon

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Dodge Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was about to send an email to my dealer to go for the soft top and prep kit, but something like this may be worth the wait. But something tells me this isn't MY22 even.

Also notice the camo has 2 holes on grill top right and top left. I can't see any cameras, but would be nice if they had 2 front cameras to add depth/3D capabilities to the front view while avoiding the winch at the same time.
I was thinking the same thing about the front camera. That issue has to be fixed in future models and hopefully there will be a fix for this model. I was getting ready to contact my dealer too and switch to a soft top, but I might wait a bit.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aww, I needs me that snorkel brother! For puddles and such! :)

How about a special edition top made by someone other than Wabass?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't tell if this winch placement is different than the one we've already seen for months.
Looks like one of the two variations we’ve seen from the beginning.

(the difference being the hoop design… one tall and one low)

Sandfreak

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If having a winch, 360 camera, and nanny devices all working in unison is important to you and you are the type of person who doesn’t like to modify your own vehicles I would highly recommend you wait til the MY22 Bronco. I cannot give out more details because I don’t want people I know to lose their jobs but FORD is working on a solution. That being said I have a First Edition, still no build date, that I will still gladly take later this year and will retrofit FORD’s fix when available next year 😉.
Don't care about most of the current unreliable technology gizmos but I will say I use the crap out of the front trail camera on my 2020 JLU. Really don't understand how a company of fords size could over look both a winch and front camera. Hope the winch mount and bumper are totally redesigned as all the current prototype winch mount pics look like crap.
Sponsored