Sponsored

Is it boujie that I don’t want the dealership to wash my FE when it comes in?

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is not a rare supercar or a Porsche/Ferrari/GT40 - it is a truck. If you obsess this much over it being washed, how will you do in the woods ?

TheColemans05

Badlands
First Name
Josh & Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silverado Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is not a rare supercar or a Porsche/Ferrari/GT40 - it is a truck. If you obsess this much over it being washed, how will you do in the woods ?
I want to make the first swirl marks dammit i've waited a year for my toy LET ME DO IT!

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want to make the first swirl marks dammit i've waited a year for my toy LET ME DO IT!
Just climbing gear up to the rooftop tent you have in your avatar will take care of the marks on your truck. :)

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not at all. I will do the same. I have seen so many nice, new cars that are covered in swirl marks fresh off the lot
My in-laws came by with their new Camry and it had swirl marks on the hood courtesy of the dealer PDI. Eff that.

Sponsored

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a truck that I meticulously take care of. I go both offroad and take it truck shows. It certainly has it's fair share of battlescars...but those are from me, that I'm ok with. Swirl marks and cheap wax are not acceptable battlescars in my opinion.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m not letting mine wash my first edition. I’m going to pick it up within an enclosed trailer. I’ve ordered HEPA filters for my garage.Ill get every speck of dust out of it. I’ll be using the water from the ice berg that the Titanic hit. Then after I’m done doing a five bucket wash I’ll seal it in a plastic bubble.
In all seriousness I wouldn’t let them wash. 90% of the people working for the dealership don’t care because they’re not paid enough to care. Or they’ll run it through an automatic wash which is 10 time is worse. There’s nothing wrong with wanting your brand new vehicle to look perfect.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not necessarily "Bougie".
I mean, not everyone is taking this thing to Hell's Anus Trail.
I will, but would like my brand new ride to keep looking brand new until it doesn't.
If/when it gets damaged, I want to be the one responsible so I don't have to be a "Karen" to anyone but myself.
Asking them not to wash it is not crazy or extra. It's fine.

What is "bougie" is a post to ask if you are then disagree with/troll any differing opinions.
Or maybe that's just "extra" or "basic".
Kids nowadays. Sheesh!

Mustang GTA

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really don’t want them to wash it, I’ve seen washers at dealerships wipe the wheels and car with the same rag. Can/should I request that it not be washed?
[/QUOTE
They are the lowest paid people at the dealership. They don't take a personal interest in your new vehicle. What would you expect?

Sponsored

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess it depends on if it will be a mall crawler or if it actually goes off-road. I’m wondering how soon my first pin stripes will be from some of the local trails.

But I get it and don’t want swirl marks from the dealership either!

Last edited:
OP
OP

don1n

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not necessarily "Bougie".
I mean, not everyone is taking this thing to Hell's Anus Trail.
I will, but would like my brand new ride to keep looking brand new until it doesn't.
If/when it gets damaged, I want to be the one responsible so I don't have to be a "Karen" to anyone but myself.
Asking them not to wash it is not crazy or extra. It's fine.

What is "bougie" is a post to ask if you are then disagree with/troll any differing opinions.
Or maybe that's just "extra" or "basic".
Kids nowadays. Sheesh!
K

OP
OP

don1n

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a truck that I meticulously take care of. I go both offroad and take it truck shows. It certainly has it's fair share of battlescars...but those are from me, that I'm ok with. Swirl marks and cheap wax are not acceptable battlescars in my opinion.
You get it. I take care of everything I pay for, if anyone is going to scratch it, it should be me. I just didn’t want to look crazy asking a Ford dealer not to wash my truck lol.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m going to ask them not to wash mine, no dealership decals/license plate frames, and not to install the front license plate frame until I pick it up and am satisfied where it’ll be mounted.