First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
David Tracy at Jalopnik is the only reviewer I trust. Been following him for YEARS and he's a former Jeep engineer.
His review was the best I've seen....it seems like the people I saw complaining hadn't even read it. It was basically a stellar review of Bronco....it made me even more excited to get it and get it off road.
I agree with most of his review. I don’t feel that the Jeep rides better on the street like he says, but that’s an opinion thing. I also only spent an hour in a JL for comparisons sake. I actually have heard people say things in their reviews that I completely disagreed with but it may be because I drive a Jeep daily, I noticed some of the Bronco disadvantages. My first drive was very positive, the bronco drives great but there’s always critiques and things for Ford to improve. (I’m going to detail all these little things in my written review, it’s tough to write it all out because I can’t do it on my work computer lol!)
Sponsored

Tory Brecht

Wildtrak
First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
:cool:(y) ... I pasted the vids, but you're welcome.

I've watched the TFL videos, and Tommy commenting on the plastic is not as good as the quality of plastic in a Jeep, and I've seen or heard others say about the same thing

... to me are we really complaining or commenting on who has the better plastic?

To me plastic is plastic, the Broncos I sat in at the dealer events were good, and I wasn't like Tommy tapping on the dash and going, "oh frick" this plastic is just not up to par.

This ain't an Acura, Lexus, or Bmw; to me it's a vehicle that I will take "off the road" and am looking at under $34k for a base model 2 door with a twin turbo V6 ... I'm not going to complain about the quality of plastic (... plastic is plastic) ... at least it's not the interior quality of a Nissan Versa (... this is in no way an offense to readers of this who like the Nissan Versa).

:cool:(y) just my opinion please don't throw chairs my way.

:ROFLMAO:(y)
I am replacing an M4 and a Silverado (summer car/winter car) for the Bronco.

I was not expecting the interior to come close to the BMW, even with Lux package. But I don’t think expecting a $60k tricked out Ford to have a bit nicer interior than a Wrangler is too much to ask, IMO.

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn’t necessarily say any of the video reviews stood out. All basically said the same info we already know. The presenters make or break the reviews. (I thought the first half of the Hagerty review was pretty bad, until they brought in someone that actually seemed to know their stuff for the off-roadeo portion.)

However this video from SlashGear was a little different, and I thought it was fun. The presenter does get on my nerves a little. But it was fun to get to see a normal dude rip around in the Bronco a little bit. (And it’s done in an FE 2.7/A10 if you were looking for that.)
Cool little Easter Egg I just noticed...

The "Off-Roadeo Ranger" in the SlashGear video is Blake Torgersen (@Torgsurv), who did the Bronco Knoll write-up. :cool:

Check out the GPS coordinates on his name tag. Well played, Blake. Well played! 👏

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Reviews Embargo Has Lifted! [Compilation Thread] 🚨 Blake Torgersen
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Reviews Embargo Has Lifted! [Compilation Thread] 🚨 Torgsurv

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Reviews Embargo Has Lifted! [Compilation Thread] 🚨 Bronco Knoll
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Reviews Embargo Has Lifted! [Compilation Thread] 🚨 Screenshot_20210101-104100_Locus Ma

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
:cool:(y)

ARTICLES

Ars Technica -On-road and off-road in the all-new Ford Bronco
Autoblog - 2021 Ford Bronco First Drive Review | As great as you hoped
Business Insider - Review: The new Ford Bronco SUV is the perfect hardcore off-roader for every skill level and every budget
Car and Driver - 2021 Ford Bronco Is as Refined as It Is Rugged
Carbuzz - 2021 Ford Bronco Test Drive Review: Jeep's Worst Nightmare
Cars.com - 2021 Ford Bronco Review: Worth the Bucks
CNET Road/Show - 2021 Ford Bronco first drive review: Legit Jeep killer
CNN - The Ford Bronco is finally here and Jeep should be worried
Detroit Free Press - The 2021 Ford Bronco has finally arrived. Here 4 features I loved and 1 you'll miss
Edmunds - The 2021 Ford Bronco Is Everything You Hoped It Would Be
Forbes - 2021 Ford Bronco Road Test Review: Iconic History Joins Advanced Tech
Fox News - First test: The 2021 Ford Bronco is back to battle Jeep
Four Wheeler - 2021 Ford Bronco First Drive
Gear Patrol - The 2021 Ford Bronco Is the Jeep Wrangler's Worst Nightmare
Hagerty - First-look Review: 2021 Ford Bronco
Inverse - The 2021 Ford Bronco is an off-roading beast
Jalopnik - The 2021 Ford Bronco Is The Compromised Off-Road Beast You Dreamed It Would Be
Motor Authority - 2021 Ford Bronco bucking for king of the hill
Motor Trend - 2021 Ford Bronco First Drive Review: The Long-Awaited 4x4 SUV Is Absolutely the Real Deal
Motor1 - 2021 Ford Bronco First Drive Review: Patience, Rewarded
Road & Track - The 2021 Ford Bronco Nails a Nearly Impossible Comeback
TFLCar - Review: First City Drive in the New 2021 Ford Bronco
The Detroit Bureau - First Drive: 2021 Ford Bronco
The Drive - 2021 Ford Bronco Review: A New Off-Road God Is Born
The Truth About Cars - 2021 Ford Bronco First Drive – Living Up to the Hype

VIDEOS

:cool:(y) ... apologizes if I crash your browser like mine has.

(click link) Video filter set for today

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=2021+ford+bronco&sp=EgQIAhAB

Edit (or add it)

:cool:(y) Well Fellow Bronco anticipaters (a word???), it has been a great Bronco first reviews day
(🥳(y)), I will leave you with a Youtube link for a non filtered search for the 2021 ford bronco ... and to all a good night (I'm finally going to get a bite to eat as I came home 2 hours ago and have been trying to answer or react to maybe 8 pages of posts :cool:(y) thank you all for viewing).

Non filtered link for our 2021 ford bronco:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=2021+ford+bronco
So I was watching the cars.com review, and at the 10 minute mark this shows up.

I haven't seen rapid red look like that in any lighting conditions. But at 10:02 the they show a different view of him in the same Bronco and the rapid red looks normal again. Pretty crazy camera trick.

orange bronco.PNG

OP
OP
JDisFlip

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine is supposed to be built the week of 12 July; from what I gather that seems like the date a lot of people have been given for the first wave of base only builds.

You mean 2.3 or were you able to get a 2.7 in the base?
😎👍 yeah, 2.7L, 2 Door Base in AMB.

Only other main extra was the aux switches.

🥳👍 and congratulations on getting a build date.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JDisFlip

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
I rapped on the dash at a demo event and yes, it sounds thin and cheap, but I don't care. If it really bothers people I'm sure you could pull the dash and stick dynomat to the back of the plastic or even spray foam it. A little mass would go a long way.
😎👍 I currently have a sentra right now and got one of those carpeted like dash covers for it.

Mainly got it to protect the dash and keep it cleaner for the next owner of this vehicle when I trade it in.

:D👍 ebay out of the blue gave me a 5 dollar credit and I used that to take the price down a bit.

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice... thanks OP for the roundup - helpful.
I just got an email from Ford delaying my build week to Aug 16th but... still hopeful I'll get it this year lol. do my own dang review.

OP
OP
JDisFlip

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am replacing an M4 and a Silverado (summer car/winter car) for the Bronco.

I was not expecting the interior to come close to the BMW, even with Lux package. But I don’t think expecting a $60k tricked out Ford to have a bit nicer interior than a Wrangler is too much to ask, IMO.
😎👍 in that respect I can see where you are coming from; 50 thousand and up is a lot of cash.

🤔 perhaps the the sophisticated systems is what they were more focused on and trying to make the higher trims all the more capable with the tech they put?

Perhaps they could have put the soft touch materials on the dash like cars have and such to get a more premium feel, like maybe for the Outer banks.

OP
OP
JDisFlip

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wouldn’t necessarily say any of the video reviews stood out. All basically said the same info we already know. The presenters make or break the reviews. (I thought the first half of the Hagerty review was pretty bad, until they brought in someone that actually seemed to know their stuff for the off-roadeo portion.)

However this video from SlashGear was a little different, and I thought it was fun. The presenter does get on my nerves a little. But it was fun to get to see a normal dude rip around in the Bronco a little bit. (And it’s done in an FE 2.7/A10 if you were looking for that.)
🤣👍 that dude was pretty hyped up.

😎👍 I guess I would be too as a regular non off roader getting to jump in on one of these courses and floor it and plot out lines to take on the course.

OP
OP
JDisFlip

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice... thanks OP for the roundup - helpful.
I just got an email from Ford delaying my build week to Aug 16th but... still hopeful I'll get it this year lol. do my own dang review.

😎👍 ur welcome ... I just pasted the youtube videos and section below that.

Sponsored

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
😎👍 yeah, 2.7L, 2 Door Base in AMB.

Only other main extra was the aux switches.

🥳👍 and congratulations on getting a build date.
Interesting, I had no idea haha. Nice! Did you get a build date yet?

Edit: for some reason I thought I read you got the manual transmission.

Tory Brecht

Wildtrak
First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
😎👍 in that respect I can see where you are coming from; 50 thousand and up is a lot of cash.

🤔 perhaps the the sophisticated systems is what they were more focused on and trying to make the higher trims all the more capable with the tech they put?

Perhaps they could have put the soft touch materials on the dash like cars have and such to get a more premium feel, like maybe for the Outer banks.
At the end of the day, it’s nowhere near a deal breaker for me. My Silverado interior is definitely plasticy and very utilitarian and I don’t mind driving it at all. It’s more the principle of the thing - and kind of weird since I’ve always felt Ford did a great job with interiors while keeping prices relatively low compared to luxury brands. I know my BIL’s Explorer is almost as nice inside as a BMW X5 for example.

I guess with the Bronco brand they are going for the hardcore “function over form” strategy and I am OK - if a little surprised - by that.

I also plan to take mine skiing, trout fishing and into the hinterlands a lot, so it’s probably for the best. 🙂

Last edited:

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Cool little Easter Egg I just noticed...

The "Off-Roadeo Ranger" in the SlashGear video is Blake Torgersen (@Torgsurv), who did the Bronco Knoll write-up. :cool:

Check out the GPS coordinates on his name tag. Well played, Blake. Well played! 👏
Haha yeah I noticed that was him. I’m so jealous of Blake and the fact he gets to do that as his day job. (Even if it’s out in this Texas heat 🔥)

And that’s before we even get to that Clint Eastwood/Harrison Ford vibe he’s putting out there.😎

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha yeah I noticed that was him. I’m so jealous of Blake and the fact he gets to do that as his day job. (Even if it’s out in this Texas heat 🔥)

And that’s before we even get to that Clint Eastwood/Harrison Ford vibe he’s putting out there.😎
Yeah, honestly, that Bronco Knoll thread is one of my all-time favorites on B6G! I even suggested that Bronco Knoll be the location for a B6G Stigger Rally. :love:

B6G Stigger Rally at Bronco Knoll? o_O

StiggerAtBroncoKnoll.jpg