Sponsored

Ford Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler: A Full Comparison including Trim Breakdowns!

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hijacking for a second, but how's this (4dr) compare to the Edge size wise.

Fords sites being all wonky still and Office Manager's kinda on the fence, as he wants to see it in person
Bronco 4 door base vs Edge SE

WB - 116 vs 112
L - 189 vs 189
W - 76 vs 76
H - 73 vs 69
Lbs 4400 vs 4200

1 head - 41 vs 40
1 leg - 43 vs 43
1 shoulder - 57 vs 60
1 hip - 56 vs 56

2 head - 40 vs 40
2 leg - 36 vs 41
2 shoulder 57 vs 60
2 hip 55 vs 57

passenger volume 104vs 114
Cargo 36 vs 40

Very similar in size
The bronco sits higher and had slightly less rear seat space and cargo. Probably not very noticeable.

hence why I think the Edge is on the way out
Sponsored

Chcg12

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As good a place as any to ask this
; The bd and badlands are the only models with rubber flooring and drain plugs. The wrangler has drain plugs regardless of model. Do we think all broncos have drain plugs under carpet? that way you could remove carpet and line x the floors or get aftermarket rubber flooring..thought? Thanks

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As good a place as any to ask this
; The bd and badlands are the only models with rubber flooring and drain plugs. The wrangler has drain plugs regardless of model. Do we think all broncos have drain plugs under carpet? that way you could remove carpet and line x the floors or get aftermarket rubber flooring..thought? Thanks
Hell if they don't, you can always remove the carpet, drill a few holes and put your own rubber plugs in there.

As far as Ford doing it in all models, I haven't the slightest. They make it sound like they all don't.

And furthermore, Jeep needs plugs in all Wranglers because that crap they call a hard top leaks like a sieve. Wife's Jeep always has wet carpets after a heavy downpour.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
ADDED TRIM BREAKDOWN

Updated to include mechanical options

working on

appearance
Interior
And tech

Sponsored

impulse

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco 4 door base vs Edge SE

WB - 116 vs 112
L - 189 vs 189
W - 76 vs 76
H - 73 vs 69
Lbs 4400 vs 4200

1 head - 41 vs 40
1 leg - 43 vs 43
1 shoulder - 57 vs 60
1 hip - 56 vs 56

2 head - 40 vs 40
2 leg - 36 vs 41
2 shoulder 57 vs 60
2 hip 55 vs 57

passenger volume 104vs 114
Cargo 36 vs 40

Very similar in size
The bronco sits higher and had slightly less rear seat space and cargo. Probably not very noticeable.

Ford trainer told us that new Ford Edge is being worked on right now. Really it should have come out this year. Edge is now the oldest car Ford makes that doesn't have an update. Everything else is being cut or updated.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So I did a full technical Breakdown of the Bronco vs Wrangler
will be doing a trim by trim and option vs option break down soon
A55BE9DE-7E55-409F-BAB7-E8659DBF3AFB.jpeg
Hi @FirstOnRaceDay, great job, thank you. When you have time can you please do a little further breakout on the Max Price. The Jeep Max Price you show of $42,500 seems to be for the for the Rubicon but Jeeps Max Price model is the "High Altitude" model at $49,995.

Otherwise the guys from the Jeep forums will latch onto this thread and say, see, the Bronco is more expensive, without comparing apple to apple, feature to feature, model to model.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi @FirstOnRaceDay, great job, thank you. When you have time can you please do a little further breakout on the Max Price. The Jeep Max Price you show of $42,500 seems to be for the for the Rubicon but Jeeps Max Price model is the "High Altitude" model at $49,995.

Otherwise the guys from the Jeep forums will latch onto this thread and say, see, the Bronco is more expensive, without comparing apple to apple, feature to feature, model to model.
Working on that still but 100%

want to add interior and tech packages too.
you get so Much more standard on bronco.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2 leg - 36 vs 41
Very similar in size
The rear legroom is suuuuuuuuuuper noticeable. You're not comfortably fitting a rear-facing seat in a Bronco. On an Escape it's tight. On an Edge it's a piece of cake. Some people don't want to have to deal with the 3 rows on the Explorer.

Given that Ford ditched all of its cars and is trying to emulate the success of Subaru and Jeep with "capable" vehicles, I doubt they're going to ditch something selling more than 100,000 units/year when they no longer have any cars to compete.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The rear legroom is suuuuuuuuuuper noticeable. You're not comfortably fitting a rear-facing seat in a Bronco. On an Escape it's tight. On an Edge it's a piece of cake. Some people don't want to have to deal with the 3 rows on the Explorer.

Given that Ford ditched all of its cars and is trying to emulate the success of Subaru and Jeep with "capable" vehicles, I doubt they're going to ditch something selling more than 100,000 units/year when they no longer have any cars to compete.
Keep in mind the front leg room is better on Bronco than Edge 43vs 41.
So that’s only 2” different.

also I agree with you. However ford has made 0 plans. It’s their oldest vehicle at this point. Ranger and Transit are getting updates next year. After that it’s only Edge that hasn’t been updated.

it wouldnt take them long however. Simply stretch the Escape longer. 2.0 base engine 2.3 ST. Done.

We should Find out soon since Canada’s Union is negotiating the Plants future.

Sponsored

Steeler412

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Manual Sas 2 Door, 2006 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@MightyAndrew, how do you think the cyber orange compares to the color rush jerseys shade of gold? I have a hard time with colors on TV vs in person

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I'm totally fine with that for this application. I'd rather have something that spools up more quickly lower in the power band. You can see over about 3500 rpm they may become a slight restriction. But this is a truck not a sports car. Bigger turbos would give you more up top but at the risk of softening up the low end response.
This is gonna be my Daily/Week/Roadtripping until its too dead to fix up

So I don't mind how it is, by the time the original engine/Trans goes, they'll have Gojira Swaps with a Tremec anyway

tripjammer

Wildtrak
First Name
tripjammer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Since the 2.7 liter V6 comes with the 10 speed auto, there would not be a $2k charge for the 10 speed auto. Why would anybody who is going auto not get the $1500 2.7 liter V6? Ford only charges $995 for the 2.7 liter V6 on the F150 and it includes the 10 speed auto...so your prices maybe a bit off here.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since the 2.7 liter V6 comes with the 10 speed auto, there would not be a $2k charge for the 10 speed auto. Why would anybody who is going auto not get the $1500 2.7 liter V6? Ford only charges $995 for the 2.7 liter V6 on the F150 and it includes the 10 speed auto...so your prices maybe a bit off here.
you have to pay for both. So 2.3 manual vs 2.7 auto is $3,500 difference.

I figured the bigger difference between the 2.3 vs 3.3 is worth $500

could be wrong

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond