Sponsored

SO MANY QUESTIONS! How about some answers?

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
because your in the minority. Those who want the hardcore offroad version want no carpet
but if you want Position Sensitive Dampers you have to step up to Badlands, unless you go Sasquatch

Looking at your profile and vehicles I doubt you have ever owned a Bronco. I have owned three, and have been active in the Bronco community for years, and trust me even in the Classic Bronco world most don't do any hard core offroading. If I go offroading it isn't hard to put some all weather rubber mats in it

topview.JPG
Sponsored

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
but if you want Position Sensitive Dampers you have to step up to Badlands, unless you go Sasquatch

Looking at your profile and vehicles I doubt you have ever owned a Bronco. I have owned three, and have been active in the Bronco community for years, and trust me even in the Classic Bronco world most don't do any hard core offroading. If I go offroading it isn't hard to put some all weather rubber mats in it

Ford Bronco SO MANY QUESTIONS!  How about some answers? topview.JPG
That's gorgeous.

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yup, the lack of concrete details has pushed me to waiting on reserving until the build tool or more reliable info is out.

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i hope the reason ford isn't giving us concrete package information is because they want to see our reactions and what we want before finalizing them.

... in that case, ford please offer a white top on all trim levels especially base and black diamond please i am begging you

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
More than likely not. The models with 33s have lower gears than the 32 and smaller tires. Would be nice if the lower gears was an option.
You sure? The transmission gearing is different from the BD to the Badlands? Thought the only gearing change was with the squatch?

I'm not doubting you, just hadn't seen that and would love to read up on it.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Whats your most pressing questions?
I haven't seen photo/video of the rear seats folded down...particularly in the 2-door. I'd LOVE to see that - and hoping the rear will be totally flat.

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i hope the reason ford isn't giving us concrete package information is because they want to see our reactions and what we want before finalizing them.

... in that case, ford please offer a white top on all trim levels especially base and black diamond please i am begging you
Really hope this is the case!

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would not worry about it right now. Carpet is likely to be a standalone option. All they released are the packaging options. We know there are 200+ “accessories“ and I would bet carpet is one of them.
Hopefully you're right, and Maybe as ford hears the wants of buyers they will change a few options. The Bronco I will be configuring will be well over 50 grand, I don't think I should have buy carpet as a accessory, then rip out my interior to install carpeting.

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You sure? The transmission gearing is different from the BD to the Badlands? Thought the only gearing change was with the squatch?

There are subtle differences. BD has 4.46 on the Manual and the Badlands has 4.7. Auto is same on both.
Ford Bronco SO MANY QUESTIONS!  How about some answers? Bronco final drive.JPG

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sucks the only way to get a black painted roof is with the WT or FE. I wish you could get it with the BL.

Lucas718

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Trail Edition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This whole thing has me confused. Apparently now I’m hearing that the orange two door with the see through doors and the orange BRONCO lettering on the grill and the cactus grey 4 door with the silver/white grill and white interior are one-off concepts that you cannot get. Would like some actual information and pics of what the consumer Bronco interior is going to look like. Pricing info on packages and options would also have been helpful. I mean they were going to reveal this thing in March, why are there still so many unanswered questions?

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m guessing no manual for Sasquatch and 2.7 simply due to the clutch. That much torque with those HUGE tires is going to cause a lot of clutches to burn up. Unless you go big. Which makes city driving worse.

take rate is low anyway. (Less than 5%) so ford doesn’t want manual Sasquatches sitting around unsold
What are you smoking???????? two of my 66-77 broncos were manual transmissions, one with 33's the other with 35's back then ford used a totally manual clutch setup, metal rods from the clutch pedal, to a clutch bell crank equalizer bar, then another rod to the clutch throwout bearing fork. It had no hydraulics like modern clutches, so modern clutches can be bigger with a light clutch pedal. The clutch in my Mustang is bigger than early bronoco clutches and it has 525 factory HP. My guess is the trans ford spec'd out just doesn't have to torque rating to handle the 2.7's 400 ft/lb of torque

LG-3925_clutch_bell_crank_diagram_nl.jpg

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The BD has 4.46 gears for the MT and the Badlands has 4.70. I’d love to get 4.70s on the BD as an option.

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Bronco's seven-speed manual is a Getrag unit, part of the company's new family of six- and seven-speed longitudinal manuals that it calls MTI550. The 550 stands for its torque capacity in newton-meters, which equates to 406 lb-ft, although the company tells us that limit can go all the way up to 590 lb-ft, depending on application.

So this trans should be able to handle the torque of the 2.7 ecoboost
Sponsored