Sponsored

4WP Bronco Parts Catalog Live (suspension not available until 7/6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I look at something like this and immediately think "Man, that's high."
Then I immediately think "I can make them cheaper than that."
So you grab some cardboard, make a template.
Procure some steel.
Break out the plasma.
Clean up the edges with a grinder.
Sand
Prime
Sand
Paint (and bought primer, sandpaper, paint, grinding pads, plasma consumables)
Procure stainless fasteners or paint steel ones so they don't rust.

Then I find I have something that works well, only spent about $120, and used 4 hours of my Saturday.
All this to say sometimes it's better to just pay and buy and sometimes it makes sense to make it yourself.
At $349 I'll probably just buy them and spend that 4 hours making money on something else or fishing.
the difference is you are amortizing your costs over one set, they will over thousands. It’s not really that big a deal for me. Other options will be available soon.
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am not elitist. I work 3 jobs and so I can afford the things I want. I don't complain about what I can't afford as that is just a waste of energy.

This is bronco6g so there is a lot of wasted energy complaining about everything.

another 6g poster with an elitist attitude and snarky comments.

people are expecting appropriate pricing and we can wait for someone else to offer at that pricing. Free market and I will exercise my ’demand’ option by not buying.

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am not elitist. I work 3 jobs and so I can afford the things I want. I don't complain about what I can't afford as that is just a waste of energy.

This is bronco6g so there is a lot of wasted energy complaining about everything.
Why assume people can't afford them. Maybe it just isn't in their view worth the price.

Scabieathrax

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was super stoked to order parts and now not so much.

The photos for the 2 door and 4 door steps are incorrect when you look at the actual part.

The front bumper is a bit confusing that it shows cutouts for two square 2x2 LED lights but on the production version i guess they are top mounted?

The rear bumper shows cutouts for d-ring recovery points but doesn't actually show d-rings in the photos. Are these included or is it designed to use the ones removed from the front bumper?

Also the rear license plate relocation bracket seems to not come with an LED lighting kit. This relocation bracket is only shown and not even mentioned in the rear bumper description.

Since lights are added seperately, it would be nice if there were some suggested lights that would fit the application.

I would like to know what lights were used for the prototype front and rear bumpers.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No BYOD Rail yet? That’s probably their most requested Bronco accessory. :(
Was hoping to see this as well. If someone finds a way to 3D Print them, before the aftermarket can, they’ll make a lot of money.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every accessory says "Must Remove Factory Tow Hook And Fog Lights." Lol Oops...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.