First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The following was posted on a different thread, but I would like to hear about constraints and\or deadly sins. I'm a 1st night 2 door res, and I chose paint protection, mainly because it was an option, and would be done when I'm built. After seeing this, I'm afraid I could get pushed out due to paint protection. Like everything else, all I can do ia assume. Is there anyone that can read beyond this list and confirm that Paint Protection is a no no?

Sept Commodity Guide
Ford Bronco Is paint protection a deadly sin??? September Production Commodity Guid
Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The following was posted on a different thread, but I would like to hear about constraints and\or deadly sins. I'm a 1st night 2 door res, and I chose paint protection, mainly because it was an option, and would be done when I'm built. After seeing this, I'm afraid I could get pushed out due to paint protection. Like everything else, all I can do ia assume. Is there anyone that can read beyond this list and confirm that Paint Protection is a no no?

Sept Commodity Guide
Ford Bronco Is paint protection a deadly sin??? September Production Commodity Guid
why would anyone buy this paint protection? You get 3 strips that are placed on the front of the hood and a couple of other places. A rip off if you ask me.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dunno but I’m wearing my 7 deadly sins like a badge of honor (also naturally my rig isn’t scheduled)

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

why would anyone buy this paint protection? You get 3 strips that are placed on the front of the hood and a couple of other places. A rip off if you ask me.
If you research paint protection films it’s actually reasonably priced. Not to mention it covers most of the areas that encounter damage on the trail first. Obviously if you are going through thick brush or brambles, or slide into exposed rocks or stumps it won’t matter what kind of protection you have.

As a side note, a while back I priced out getting the whole vehicle done from multiple reputable installers, cheapest I found was about $2000.00. Average cost was $2800.00. I decided that with those costs I would just get aftermarket body parts to wheel with on the weekends.

Reactions: jxc
OP
OP
Brianstrange

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Paint protection is helpful in the Northeast when they sand the roads during storms. I'm hoping we can stay on track here. I get that people don't like or need it etc.... This is the ordering forum, just trying to get production info.

Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Paint protection is helpful in the Northeast when they sand the roads during storms. I'm hoping we can stay on track here. I get that people don't like or need it etc.... This is the ordering forum, just trying to get production info.
Good point, to answer your first question, I have not heard that it was a constraint. My dealer also seems confident that it is not holding up orders.

Flynn1m

Big Bend
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patroit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sept Commodity Guide

Flynn1m

Big Bend
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patroit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My dealer just called me to tell me that paint protection would knock me til next year. It was the first I had heard this. I took it off but having a 2 door (which I am not willing to change) is not looking great at 19%.

Sponsored

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can get a better job done aftermarket by pretty much any place that does tint. Definitely not worth waiting for

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2021-07-01_12-03-43.jpg

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on that commodities diagram, switching from WildTrak to Badlands but keeping MIC, 2.7, Sasquatch has a much much higher likelihood of 2021. Do I have that right?
Sponsored