ugafan706

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 outer banks sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Frame less doors are lighter, and they look great with the top off. BUT, with the top on the framed door has a better seal with the window. Its easier to seal the top of the door to the top than the top of the window to top. I think some people will not like it, because I do see it having some wind noise, especially for us people who actually take the top on and off a lot.
Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Frame less doors are lighter, and they look great with the top off. BUT, with the top on the framed door has a better seal with the window. Its easier to seal the top of the door to the top than the top of the window to top. I think some people will not like it, because I do see it having some wind noise, especially for us people who actually take the top on and off a lot.
Lots of vehicles have been doing it for decades. It's fine.

Main downside is...It's easy to break into if the window doesn't seat UPWARDS into a channel when the roof is on. Because if not, then you can just pull it outwards and reach in and unlock it. This means that when you grab the handle, the window will automagically drop an inch or so to clear the channel. That's what Corvettes have been doing for years.

Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Blowing it out of proportion. Or just looking to nit pick and find issues.
- Wind noise with top off. You'll get wind noise because the top is off.
- With the top on, there is minimal noise. you'll get more noise because of the mirrors or tires or air flowing underneath.
- putting the doors on and off should require you to put the windows down all the way. otherwise you are risking breaking the glass.
- biggest issue is in colder climates, you might get the window freezing to the seal. if the window is require to move a little bit to clear the seal, this could be a problem. we'd have to see how the window seals and if it does move when opening and closing the door. had this issue on my m3.
- people should know not to be handling a door by pushing on the window.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If one is buying a offroad brick shaped vehicle with hood whistles standard one should not be concerned with wind noise. If you are, i can direct you to mercedes dealership.

STJonesin4

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco/2022 F150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The question I had with the frameless doors is how to store them when off. I hang my Wrangler doors on hooks right now. I guess these will have to sit on the ground or on a cart of some sort? Not a deal breaker by any stretch. Just a thought…

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The question I had with the frameless doors is how to store them when off. I hang my Wrangler doors on hooks right now. I guess these will have to sit on the ground or on a cart of some sort? Not a deal breaker by any stretch. Just a thought…
What about those wall mounts that utilize the door hinges? I wonder if something like that would be possible with the Bronco's design.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-ridge/wall-mount-door-holders-jeep-cj-wrangler-yj-tj-jk-jl

unt_Door_Holder_JK_JL_CJ_YJ_TJ_12107.10_installed4.jpg

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Straps.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if I could make a bet , broncos will not leak like jeeps will. I think this was their most important testing
I'm actually hopeful that the frameless design aids in this. The top molding would be affixed to the body, allowing for a better water shedding design.

My JK roof channels rain water directly behind the door frames and against the rubber seals... I've been chasing leaks for years.