R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@dirtstar2002 ...so are we still mysteriously not discussing the locking hubs?

Hearing some rumblings from those who have viewed the build in person that they may not be as they appear... :unsure:
Next your going to be telling us that the Blazer in the Charlton Heston movie didn't really have 3 reverse gears... :cry:

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yay, a bunch of chinese made crap! no thanks.
I have no skin in this game, but your ignorant response needs to be called out. 4WD offers many US made products too. Also, remember that the 7 speed manual is Chinese made and who knows what else on our Broncos!

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I take it you didn't see the tow hook and fog lamp typo. Here's the deal, We only got one vehicle to share with engineering and marketing. sometimes things slip out of engineering early. when the future customers see them we are embargoed from talking about them. Not all parts designed make it to market. Hope that sheds some light on the situation.
No, I didn't see those typos, as I have no interest in the bumper (or the other parts, if I'm frank)
so I quickly skimmed through.

I understand not everything makes it to market. But I see plenty of items on EJS and SEMA builds that are conceptual and are still acknowledged and discussed - even if it's only to say "stay tuned" or "not happening."

Your stripes aren't coming to market either, but we're discussing those... :)

Next your going to be telling us that the Blazer in the Charlton Heston movie didn't really have 3 reverse gears... :cry:
At this point, I think that's more feasible.

Last edited:

dirtstar2002

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72K5Blazer, 1980Toyota Hilux, 2014 silverado1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are you kidding me? Charlton Heston had the first 203/205 T case ever made! 😉

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have no experience with a level lift kit. Is this one good? What are downsides to it?
“What are the downsides to it?” Good question. Maybe dirtstar2002 will enlighten us on the pros and cons, so we can make an educated decision.

I know that I eventually want to upgrade the suspension on my BD to improve performance (ride and suspension travel), but in the mean time I’m wondering if a spacer kit is a viable option for increasing ground clearance and making sure the 33s I want to put on will not rub when off-roading, without compromising the factory ride, performance and durability.

@dirtstar2002, or anyone else with the technical expertise, can you help us out?

Sponsored

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hey @dirtstar2002 some questions

1. Is the roof cage/rack gonna be hardcore regarding weight loading? will it mount to the top of the windshield (i assume this is a weak area maybe im wrong) or the area in front of the mirrors which i assume is stronger?

2. Did you get my email about having enough clearance between the cage and the hard top to maybe slide out the hard top from the rear and the front panels from the sides? So you can remove the roof without having to take off the cage? could be a big selling point. Especially if its big $$$$. I would buy one if it could do that but if its semi permenant without that feature i would pass.

3. Whats the deal with the stripes?

4. Is there not going to be any load bearing/molle type stuff on the fold out table?

5. BYOD bar?

Last edited:

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
“What are the downsides to it?” Good question. Maybe dirtstar2002 will enlighten us on the pros and cons, so we can make an educated decision.

I know that I eventually want to upgrade the suspension on my BD to improve performance (ride and suspension travel), but in the mean time I’m wondering if a spacer kit is a viable option for increasing ground clearance and making sure the 33s I want to put on will not rub when off-roading, without compromising the factory ride, performance and durability.

@dirtstar2002, or anyone else with the technical expertise, can you help us out?
Level lifts are a less expensive way to get more tire clearance. They generally add no suspension upgrades like shock tune or wheel travel. If the spacer lift is designed correctly they won't bind the CV's or the ball joints. 4WP Engineering likes to run on the conservative side of lifts not to cause additional stress to other components. That's why we don't have the tallest lifts or the most wheel travel, but we won't leave you stranded either. hope that helps. ( I'd Run It!)

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Level lifts are a less expensive way to get more tire clearance. They generally add no suspension upgrades like shock tune or wheel travel. If the spacer lift is designed correctly they won't bind the CV's or the ball joints. 4WP Engineering likes to run on the conservative side of lifts not to cause additional stress to other components. That's why we don't have the tallest lifts or the most wheel travel, but we won't leave you stranded either. hope that helps. ( I'd Run It!)
That helps. Thanks!

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
hey @dirtstar2002 some questions

1. Is the roof cage/rack gonna be hardcore regarding weight loading? will it mount to the top of the windshield (i assume this is a weak area maybe im wrong) or the area in front of the mirrors which i assume is stronger?

2. Did you get my email about having enough clearance between the cage and the hard top to maybe slide out the hard top from the rear and the front panels from the sides? So you can remove the roof without having to take off the cage? could be a big selling point. Especially if its big $$$$. I would buy one if it could do that but if its semi permenant without that feature i would pass.

3. Whats the deal with the stripes?

4. Is there not going to be any load bearing/molle type stuff on the fold out table?

5. BYOD bar?
So Many hard Questions!

1) Roof Rack is a ways out and what you saw is a quick prototype to get to the photo shoot. We will continue development. It will not launch until it functions properly.

2) See above

3) I can't talk about stripes or locking hubs. Sorry. I can attempt to answer design related engineering questions.

4) Are we talking about the table on the tail gate? Molle would be a great idea on the bottom side of it when its folded down.

5) BYOD Bar? I've seen it in MFG, not sure why it didn't make the first launch. its gotta be right around the corner.

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So Many hard Questions!

1) Roof Rack is a ways out and what you saw is a quick prototype to get to the photo shoot. We will continue development. It will not launch until it functions properly.

2) See above

3) I can't talk about stripes or locking hubs. Sorry. I can attempt to answer design related engineering questions.

4) Are we talking about the table on the tail gate? Molle would be a great idea on the bottom side of it when its folded down.

5) BYOD Bar? I've seen it in MFG, not sure why it didn't make the first launch. its gotta be right around the corner.

ya the fold out table on the tail gate. It seems like alot of aftermarket ones (and the ford OEM one) have molle mounts on the table itself so you can put stuff on the bottom.
Sponsored