Jcl78

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FJ Cruiser, 2016 Mustang GT PP1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 5.0 does sound better while losing, so bam!

Funny thing is, my friend has a built Focus ST, faster than my GT. It happens. I love turbos.
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to mention the fact that after a while you get sick of the drone that V8 with an exhaust makes. Sure, it's fun for a while but for me personally I'd rather have a quieter exhaust in the long run. Some aftermarket manufacturers are even creating quieter systems that still get performance benefits or at least an option to quiet the exhaust when say driving long distances on the highway.
Uh. Okay. We are riding down the rural highway in my V8 F150 going over 60 now and the only things I hear are the wind, the Pretenders, and my tires. (I'm not driving, btw)

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not to mention the fact that after a while you get sick of the drone that V8 with an exhaust makes. Sure, it's fun for a while but for me personally I'd rather have a quieter exhaust in the long run. Some aftermarket manufacturers are even creating quieter systems that still get performance benefits or at least an option to quiet the exhaust when say driving long distances on the highway.
Speak for yourself. I know how to get a proper exhaust setup to not have a drone. Been playing with grown up peoples cars for 25 years now and I can't see myself getting sick of the noise.

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The 5.0 does sound better while losing, so bam!

Funny thing is, my friend has a built Focus ST, faster than my GT. It happens. I love turbos.
I bet your friend with a "built" Focus ST can't beat my Mustang. There's always someone faster. No matter the powertrain. haha!

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

In 40 years i will be 75 and wondering how the pull 600hp out of a 200ml 3 cyl neutron compression biturbo.
There is a camless biturbo 2.0 liter 3 cylinder with 600hp thanks to Koenigsegg. Just need to get that displacement down a bit on it lol

Sponsored

I_am_Becks

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pre-ordered first of 500 2015 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Speak for yourself. I know how to get a proper exhaust setup to not have a drone. Been playing with grown up peoples cars for 25 years now and I can't see myself getting sick of the noise.
I was speaking for myself. If you reread my post I specifically said "for me personally". It's nice that you feel all grown up and are not bothered by the noise.

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was speaking for myself. If you reread my post I specifically said "for me personally". It's nice that you feel all grown up and are not bothered by the noise.

"Not to mention the fact that after a while you get sick of the drone that V8 with an exhaust makes. "

You said right here. After a while You....meaning me, get sick of the drone.

I was just messing around anyways. Relax homey! haha!

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
New guy so excuse the dumb question. The 2.7 is the exact engine from the F150 right? I know nothing about this engine other than the numbers are impressive. Are there a selection of off the shelf flash tunes for this engine? What are the best and what sort of numbers are they getting? Is it a real tune or a piggy back or what? Thanks

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

New guy so excuse the dumb question. The 2.7 is the exact engine from the F150 right? I know nothing about this engine other than the numbers are impressive. Are there a selection of off the shelf flash tunes for this engine? What are the best and what sort of numbers are they getting? Is it a real tune or a piggy back or what? Thanks
Same exact engine. There might be some difference in the downpipes after the turbos to clear frame or suspension points. intake setup may be different

I started this thread to help with tuning questions. Expect 75hp 100tq gains for the 2.7 on 93 octane. That's measured at the wheels. Big gains!

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ecoboost-tuning-faq.1913/

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same exact engine. There might be some difference in the downpipes after the turbos to clear frame or suspension points. intake setup may be different

I started this thread to help with tuning questions. Expect 75hp 100tq gains for the 2.7 on 93 octane. That's measured at the wheels. Big gains!

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ecoboost-tuning-faq.1913/
That is awesome. Just what I wanted to hear. Thanks for the link. My rubicon is such a dog. When I first got it, I used to look down and see if I left the parking brake on sometimes when I would start from a stop. And that's just with 34s and 3.73 rear end. I know people complain about lag but those are awesome gains esp if you could get a huge portion of that with just a flash.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is a camless biturbo 2.0 liter 3 cylinder with 600hp thanks to Koenigsegg. Just need to get that displacement down a bit on it lol
That car is baaaadddd!!

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wonder how long until the first LS Swap Kit shows up? I bet an LS3 will drop in EASILY.
I think I already saw one but may have been a prank ebay ad.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"Not to mention the fact that after a while you get sick of the drone that V8 with an exhaust makes. "

You said right here. After a while You....meaning me, get sick of the drone.

I was just messing around anyways. Relax homey! haha!
After enough time everything I own gets glasspacks!

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was building a custom home for a guy and his shower had 2 shower heads. One on the left and one on the right side. He told our plumber he wanted one of them at like 5 foot off the ground and the other at normal height. The plumber put the shorter one on the left instead of the right, simple mistake. When the home owner requested it to be corrected, the plumber asked "can't you and your wife just switch sides of the shower". He simply replied "no" in a really stern voice. The plumber asked why then he replied "because it's what I want"

That phrase "because it's what I want" always stood out to me.

Don't you want the better power and efficiency of the turbo 4 instead of the V8? "

Don't you want the automatic that shifts faster and gets better gas milage?

No, because it's what I want. That's reason enough.
Sponsored