Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Maybe I'm wrong on this one but I would think if you opt for the 2.7, you should be able to do some upgrades to the suspension so that you could tow a little more like an airbag helper spring upgrade.
How does an airbag helper spring work with coilovers? (I am hoping there is an answer.)

Either engine should be fine considering the Ranger tows more with the 4-banger and for that matter the Gladiator does with less torque as well.
Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does an airbag helper spring work with coilovers? (I am hoping there is an answer.)

Either engine should be fine considering the Ranger tows more with the 4-banger and for that matter the Gladiator does with less torque as well.
Sorry meant it as an example of a product that helps in general and not for this particle application. I should of stated in there that my point is an aftermarket company will find away to increase the tow capacity I think. Now for the most part I see that being a low interest sector for the Bronco industry so it might take time and there might only be a couple different options.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sorry meant it as an example of a product that helps in general and not for this particle application. I should of stated in there that my point is an aftermarket company will find away to increase the tow capacity I think. Now for the most part I see that being a low interest sector for the Bronco industry so it might take time and there might only be a couple different options.
Yeah - I put airbag helpers inside the coils on my JK. Just not sure how that works with coilovers (or for that matter leaf springs). There probably is a solution.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah - I put airbag helpers inside the coils on my JK. Just not sure how that works with coilovers (or for that matter leaf springs). There probably is a solution.
I have seen helper springs for coil overs but was for the 350/370z market so not applicable for this application at all.

c1.jpg

BAJA FORGED

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bajaforged.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
New here to the forum. Got my reservation in on the Badlands. It just seems like the best package for me. I cant wait until we can start configuring the Bronco to see how it comes together.

Sponsored

LorenzeTorres

Badlands
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/ 2002 BMW M3/ 2016 BMW M2/ 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@SVT_GRL are we talking like a Shelby/ Factory Five Cobra or Mustang Cobra? My M3 is a fat pig and even with the lightest of trailers I won’t be able tow it?

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@SVT_GRL are we talking like a Shelby/ Factory Five Cobra or Mustang Cobra? My M3 is a fat pig and even with the lightest of trailers I won’t be able tow it?
The E46 M3 is a big girl. Had one that I traded in for a dedicated E36 M3 track car. It's going to be tough to stay under 3500 lbs, even though it's gutted. Probably going to have to take a look at some smaller aluminum trailers.

LorenzeTorres

Badlands
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The E46 M3 is a big girl. Had one that I traded in for a dedicated E36 M3 track car. It's going to be tough to stay under 3500 lbs, even though it's gutted. Probably going to have to take a look at some smaller aluminum trailers.
Seriously. Here’s how my Bronco Fantasy plays out: Pack up with the Badlands Bronco with camping, track gear, and tools.

Drive to Circuit of America’s with the M3 loaded in the back, camp out at the track, race, and pack up. The truck would serve as my track support vehicle with on board air, awning, “portable fridge”, and electricity to charge my power tools.

Take the extra long way home and drop the M3 + trailer with a local trusted shop in whatever city I’m in and go wheeling for two days. Come back to pick up the race car and go home.

I’m not super bummed about it but I hope that things change and we can tow more.

My train of thought is this: 2.7L from F150 (can tow quite a bit) + ranger chassis (which can tow 7500 I think with the 2.3L) = we should be able to two around 6500-7Klbs

But then again we’ll be on a coilover system
Vs leaf spring

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I've read the media right, getting a 2.3/7SPD with front and rear lockers and 285s instead of the 315s is possible, so a Badlands High Package might be what I'm after.

LorenzeTorres

Badlands
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As many here in the BL thread has stated the Badlands comes with pretty much everything the Sasquatch Package offers except:
Wider fenders
35's
17" headlock capable wheels

Here's my question:
Does it even make sense to add Sasquatch Package if I plan on swapping out suspension and wheels?

On the concept preview trucks I saw the cactus grey 4 door sporting some fancy adjustable coilovers. I assume that this was a preview of what the parts catalog might offer. I would like to get something as close to the FOX Live Valves which is offered on the Raptor. Is what is pictured the Ford Performance equivalent of the FOX's?
Ford Bronco Badlands Bronco Thread IMG_1177.JPG

Sponsored

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys, just registered and wanted to say hi from Houston. Another Wrangler owner here. Put my $100 down on a Badlands today. Great forum. So much info. Had literally never logged on until my buddy sent me the bronco reveal a few days ago. Never thought the bronco was coming out and now I need one. A year should give me plenty of time to read up

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I want to order the Badlands with 33s, and then swap for 35s and wheels of my choosing...but I badlands stock suspension the same as what comes if you order one with Sasquatch? Or would I need to also lift it to put on my own 35s on a stock Badlands?

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have already posted why I don't want both. I have no need for MT tires nor the additional 1" of clearance from the tires. 33"ATs are perfect for me.
I ditto your comment. Our Bronco is going to see it’s fair share of freeway travel and my assumption is that the 33in AT tire is a better pavement tire than the MT......my wife also saw the MT being part of the 35” tire pckg and said no way!

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok so I thought the same thing about towing my track car. However I’m hearing that the our max tow capacity is 3500lbs.

Not sure how this works but will getting the tow package increase this?
Without the tow package you can tow 0 lbs. 3500 lbs is what you have to work with. I hope your track car is light
Sponsored