Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So you ordered one not knowing the difference? No disrespect, some of us wondered if that would happen, which one did you think you ordered, the Sport or the full size Bronco?

Here is the sister Sport forum if you're interested in that one.
In the FB group that I'm in there was a member who did just that. She thought she was ordering the big Bronco, but the dealer sold her a Sport. Both parties deserve blame. She should have learned more of what she intended to order and the dealer should have been clear what they were ordering. The last red flag before submitting the order should have been the availability of the First Edition. Yes, she ordered an A51 FE Bronco Sport (this was the beginning of January) and when her order came in, you can imagine her surprise that what was parked waiting for her wasn't what she thought she ordered. I still don't understand why she took delivery as a few weeks after taking delivery, she was asking how to order the big Bronco.
Sponsored

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hated Ford's decision to name it that from day one. It's a ESCAPE and that's what it should have been called. The new Escape should have been an all new vehicle as it is not an Escape. I get it they wanted the marketing hype of B R O N C O, but in the end once people realize they didn't buy a Bronco, all the marketing hype will come to a screeching halt. I think it takes something away from the Bronco name personally. They are a nice little, capable SUV, but BRONOCO sport? Heck even people on a Bronco forum don't know they are two different models. 🙄🙄🙄
Well, in this year of 2021, how is a consumer going to purchase a very expensive item without doing proper research? Buying an almost $30k vehicle is not like buying a $10 phone charger on Amazon.
If they bought a Bronco Sport and complain it's not the full-size Bronco, they deserve the teeth-gnashing, no sympathies. We need to stop infantilizing grown adults, heck they most likely have kids, own at least a gun and a house.

Well, on the other aisle, there's Jeep wrangler, Gladiator, Compass,Cherokee, Grand Wagoner etc. No confusions on those though?

Lou-Q

Wildtrak
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90,11,19 F250 15 mustang Gt 50th ann. 2020 gt 500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So you ordered one not knowing the difference? No disrespect, some of us wondered if that would happen, which one did you think you ordered, the Sport or the full size Bronco?

Here is the sister Sport forum if you're interested in that one.
I didn't have a clue that there was a difference I thought the base was the Sport. I ordered the 2 door Wildtrak in Cyber Orange thinking full size with short wheelbase. Which is what we wanted. I'm glad I got it straight now.
Thanks, this forum is great!!!
Lou

gangof4

Outer Banks
First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will never understand why people pay more than MSRP. I had a hard time not telling my dealer to go f his hat when he said there was no chance of getting it for less than MSRP.

gangof4

Outer Banks
First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No way… You got to sit in a Bronco SPORT??

Jeeeeealous…
I feel really blessed after reading the posts in this thread. On June 11th, my wife goes car shopping and comes back saying she wants a Bronco (Sport.) Dealer had one she took for a test drive. When we talk to sales mgr, he says he has a OBX coming in about a week or so later with the color/trim we wanted for $34,700. It arrived on June 23 and we took delivery on June 25. So, we paid less than sticker and much less than the people who test drive it say it costs. Having a great time. Works great. No outrageous mark ups in Albany, NY. Might save you ten grand to shop here.

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I feel really blessed after reading the posts in this thread. On June 11th, my wife goes car shopping and comes back saying she wants a Bronco (Sport.) Dealer had one she took for a test drive. When we talk to sales mgr, he says he has a OBX coming in about a week or so later with the color/trim we wanted for $34,700. It arrived on June 23 and we took delivery on June 25. So, we paid less than sticker and much less than the people who test drive it say it costs. Having a great time. Works great. No outrageous mark ups in Albany, NY. Might save you ten grand to shop here.
so are you saying you bought a bronco sport? for 34,700? or did you buy a bronco outer banks for 34,700? because the bronco sports are in dealerships, and for sale. most people here are only interested in the "big bronco" as the bronco sport is an entirely different platform. it is almost like going to a mustang forum and talking about a mach-e

Last edited:

sirdude

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Rav4, 2011 Rav4, 1996 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s the angle of the light, IMO. Metallic paints do that, especially the tri-coat paints.
Agreed. If you look closely, that "shade" continues onto the next body panel and the apparent change in color occurs at the bend of the body panel at the tail light.

Lawdog92

Big Bend
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Our local for dealer HAD a new Bronco...came in on Wednesday.....sat Thursday and sold Friday morning. 10k Adjusted Market Value markup I got one pic as there were 2 others looking at it. Seeing that color in person I'm not a huge fan and there were several areas I could see the paint wasn't very thick, like around the spare tire carrier brackets. You almost see bare metal there...but oh well that may be expected and note as easy to see on dark colors.

209886136_403064021032579_5157759876143837455_n.jpg
it's a demo model. It will be sold after 4000miles.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I didn't have a clue that there was a difference I thought the base was the Sport. I ordered the 2 door Wildtrak in Cyber Orange thinking full size with short wheelbase. Which is what we wanted. I'm glad I got it straight now.
Thanks, this forum is great!!!
Lou
Here is what you ordered, this pic is the Badlads Sasquatch version, with 35" tires, the only difference on the exterior of the Wildtrak are some graphics.

Cyber Orange 2 Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch Looking Proper + Video

20210517_105838-jpg.jpg

Sponsored

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How can they sell it they are not suppose to sell for 6 months and with at least 4K miles on it?

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How can they sell it they are not suppose to sell for 6 months and with at least 4K miles on it?
Other was probably a customer order where the customer didn't take delivery. Dealers can sell those immediately.

Lou-Q

Wildtrak
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90,11,19 F250 15 mustang Gt 50th ann. 2020 gt 500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak