Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I thought while we all were being awed by the Bronco launch vehicles, the dealers had all their employees reserve several Broncos as soon as the reservation window opened up. And then they had the option to order and prioritize two more per dealer. I would not be surprised if many of us were 99'd for the first production scheduling cycles, and then moved into PC 10-19 status as well. Then there is all the "dealer ordered my Bronco without my permission" and "dealer kept my cancelled reservation active".

These are (mostly) all going to be "reserving customer did not purchase" Broncos for the dealers to sell at huge markups.

Dealers are going to deal ...
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The important question is who reserved it, was it "abandoned" prior to getting a VIN and is there sufficient documentation showing customer walked away from AFTER scheduling. We are supposed to cancel orders retail customers no longer want if done prior to getting pulled. Any "stock" that comes in, that is bought by someone with an active order, has to be cancelled or face the 20% rule and potentially lose further allocation.

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@PREMiERdrum you have said in another thread, there had been no dealer stock Bronco's produced yet, is that still true in light of this dealer or do you think this is a "canceled" customer order?
Correct. These units are either customer orders that then backed out, or were early reservations made by dealer employees to "get" a unit to sell. A shitty loophole, but they'll still count against the 80/20 name match rule.

There is still not currently a method by which a dealer can order a stock unit Bronco, but those plans are slowly coming together for dealers to be in line for stock units if MAP runs out of buildable rigs before the end of MY21 production.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
How can they sell it they are not suppose to sell for 6 months and with at least 4K miles on it?
Because reservation was a marketing ploy, and Ford sells vehicles. To real people who show up with real money. Any shmuck could have "reserved" a Bronco over a year ago. Some have even admitted to playing around with multiple reservations.

Ford will try to fill reservations in a reasonable manner, but ultimately Ford sells vehicles not reservations, and they will manufacture based on what makes sense in terms of commodities/production constraints and the buying public.

Personally I would like to see in the coming months, increasing numbers of Broncos sold via customers coming in and ordering, without this reservation rubbish.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I donā€™t get that window pieceā€¦why the heck would Ford allow Webasto to deliver them like that? Did they not spec out windows that were wrinkle free in the RFP? Besttop windows have no wavesā€¦itā€™s not that tough. I am still baffled by that simple thing that is so screwed up. Maybe someone will offer aftermarket windows that are wave freeā€¦šŸ˜
Itā€™s so bronco owners can have their own wave without actually using their hand.
I see that almost every picture of the soft tops have this.

Sponsored

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 M998, ā€˜89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I knew what the F--- I ordered, just didn't know that the Bronco Sport was another animal.
Lou
Whoa, Lou!!! Take her down a notch.

I think some people are confused because earlier you posted that you sat in a bronco sport months ago. Then you continued to say you though Sport was a base trim.

When you sat in the Sport didnā€™t it seem different looking than what you though you ordered?

If I knew I ordered a big Bronco and then went to sit in what I thought was a base version of that same vehicle but it was a Sport instead Iā€™d be saying ā€œWTF is this!?!ā€ Not ā€œoh this must be a base modelā€

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I asked my dealer if there were any orders that were scheduled to be built before mine (BLEND 7/13) and he said that I was the first of their customer order to be built but they had a base model coming in that wasn't spoken for before mine will be delivered. I don't have any reason to think that he was lying or misinforming me in any way.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There is a reason that Car Sales People are rated second to last in Trusted Professionals, just ahead of politicians, they have a well earned reputation for being less than honest, fortunately if you look long and hard enough you can find a few honest ones.

America's Most & Least Trusted Professions

2f2019-2f01-2f20190111_trusted_professions-jpg-jpg.jpg

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A dealer in Avon Park, Florida had at least one in their showroom in mid May. A friend of mine walked in and bought it, Area 51, four door Sport.
I was the first one I got sit in and look at close up. Also my brother saw two at a dealer in Arlington Heights, Il. in early May. So I say BS that dealers don't have any.
I've seen a few in South Florida, I think as rentals and saw one at the rental return line at Indianapolis airport on April 9th.
Lou

Sponsored

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Personally I would like to see in the coming months, increasing numbers of Broncos sold via customers coming in and ordering, without this reservation rubbish.
I hope you mean after the orders that reservation holders placed back in Q1 this year.

Lou-Q

Wildtrak
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90,11,19 F250 15 mustang Gt 50th ann. 2020 gt 500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Whoa, Lou!!! Take her down a notch.

I think some people are confused because earlier you posted that you sat in a bronco sport months ago. Then you continued to say you though Sport was a base trim.

When you sat in the Sport didnā€™t it seem different looking than what you though you ordered?

If I knew I ordered a big Bronco and then went to sit in what I thought was a base version of that same vehicle but it was a Sport instead Iā€™d be saying ā€œWTF is this!?!ā€ Not ā€œoh this must be a base modelā€
When I sat in the Sport I thought it was smaller than expected but didn't know since I had not seen the full size Bronco yet.
I was not aware of the difference in the two until yesterday. I guess I didn't look close at the Sport.
Thanks for the lesson.
Lou
Lou
Sponsored