Sponsored

SO MANY QUESTIONS! How about some answers?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've seen nothing in the 2-door technical specs regarding Auto Stop/Start. Anyone else???

Its mentioned numerous times in Bronco Sport specs.
Sponsored

cowgoesmoo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mustang v6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Curious if 33's won't be available as an option on something like the outerbanks.
On the pdf sheet it states that it comes standard with 32s but the 35s are optional. nothing about 33s, this is from the pdf sheet you get when you click on compare the models. However, I'm not sure if this is finalized considering there's still half a year left to start the ordering process.

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why no 2 dr soft top? Will Ford sell you multiple hard tops (white and gray)?

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can an insider confirm they are going to offer a tune for the 2.3 engine?

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, I would really like Ford to offer a nice set of canvas seat covers since I'm getting leather seats. Something as nice as the badger coachworks seat covers they make for the land rover defender.

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've seen nothing in the 2-door technical specs regarding Auto Stop/Start. Anyone else???
Haven’t seen it mentioned, but I feel like I saw a button to turn it off in one of the interior pics. So yeah I would say we’re getting it. At least they’re giving us a way to turn it off.

Edit to include pic
Ford Bronco SO MANY QUESTIONS!  How about some answers? 579A1746-3DDC-4DF8-BAA1-6D8BA603CADD

Last edited:

dmo1028

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Haven’t seen it mentioned, but I feel like I saw a button to turn it off in one of the interior pics. So yeah I would say we’re getting it. At least they’re giving us a way to turn it off.

Edit to include pic
Ford Bronco SO MANY QUESTIONS!  How about some answers? 579A1746-3DDC-4DF8-BAA1-6D8BA603CADD
I'm not familiar with the Ford start/stop system, so my question is do you have to turn it off each time you turn the ignition on or does it keep the last known setting?

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm not familiar with the Ford start/stop system, so my question is do you have to turn it off each time you turn the ignition on or does it keep the last known setting?
I’m not either, but I’m assuming since there’s a button it would have to be every single time. I’m only familiar with the GM system and there wasn’t a button at all.

OCDON

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have to switch it off every time you start the vehicle to keep it from auto stop/start.

dmo1028

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m not either, but I’m assuming since there’s a button it would have to be every single time. I’m only familiar with the GM system and there wasn’t a button at all.
Gotcha, a button is definitely better than no button for sure! My wife’s Jeep Cherokee requires a push of the button every time, which is a pain. I had a BMW that retained the desired setting until you told it otherwise which was awesome.

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Gotcha, a button is definitely better than no button for sure! My wife’s Jeep Cherokee requires a push of the button every time, which is a pain. I had a BMW that retained the desired setting until you told it otherwise which was awesome.
Yeah and I assume if it’s a big issue for anyone it would be relatively easy to install some kind of permanent defeat.

Also I assume the Ford system works the same way, but my ex-gf’s car had it and if you had the AC blowing it wouldn’t shut off. And down here in Texas you run the AC so much, even in the winter months, it was hardly ever an issue.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

but if you want Position Sensitive Dampers you have to step up to Badlands, unless you go Sasquatch

Looking at your profile and vehicles I doubt you have ever owned a Bronco. I have owned three, and have been active in the Bronco community for years, and trust me even in the Classic Bronco world most don't do any hard core offroading. If I go offroading it isn't hard to put some all weather rubber mats in it

Mall Crawler.

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you want a Wildtrak without Sasquatch? Get an Outer Banks
33's and carpet? I'm sure you will be able to order a Base, BB, OB with larger tires. If not, put them on yourself after you take delivery.

BB & OB come standard with 32's. Is 1" really going to be that noticeable of a difference?
Ya I looked into a Outer Banks, but it only has 4.27:1 gears so if I go up to 33's it will be geared to high. I want the 4.46:1 gears, and you can't get the Bilstein Position Sensitive Dampers on the Outer banks. I was excited about getting back into a Bronco, but if I can't get it the way I want, I really don't need it that bad. The more I look into it the more it looks like I won't be getting a Bronco.

It's OK I have a GT350 and a C63S so I think I'll survive