David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Definitely going aftermarket on things like this.

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely going aftermarket on things like this.
If you look at the Wrangler, most aftermarket roof racks require drilling into the top to install, and they cost a fortune and are very heavy which isn't great considering a Sasquatch Bronco is already very high.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok can someone tell me what the part number is for the roof rack for the 4 door bronco is (badlands if that matters)?

Sponsored

George Ellis

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 DRW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As sort of a tangent while we are on the subject, does anyone know why they won't do the roof rack from the factory with the Squatch package? Just seems weird.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know when the first aftermarket roof rack rails will be available?
No. We have a major aft mkt distributor hq'd in town who I've been pestering the hell out of for a list of current Bronco stuff. Incidentally, guy that works there was our earliest reservation who just got built. When his gets here they have an engineering team going to fly in and tear it apart for measurements and whatnot.

My guess is that it will probably several months before non-Ford licensed stuff starts showing up. I know there are some suspension/lift folks with kit out there but catalogue level accessories will take some time.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As sort of a tangent while we are on the subject, does anyone know why they won't do the roof rack from the factory with the Squatch package? Just seems weird.
The official excuse originally was that "due to the way BnP calculates, we have to assume everything is added and so it doesn't allow roof rails because it exceeds the max weight allowed.....yada yada BS"

Basically they went on record saying it was a computer/programming issue.

More recently, it appears to have been claimed it is due to the center of gravity and requires an actual design change of some sort.

I remember big old threads of us going back and forth between it just being a computer glitch vs a paperwork certification thing, whatever. Some even claiming there's no way they would redesign the top after only one year.

Who the hell knows... But yeah, if they are going to actually change the top enough that makes the first year MICs one of a kind, I can't see aftermarket companies even bothering with such a small pool of customers. And if they do they would have to charge an arm and a leg.

I mean would you RnD something you knew had a very small and limited market... I sure would not.

Sponsored

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't add the roof rack to my 2 door build. Anyone know the exact item number/SKU to order that particular part? Thanks

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't add the roof rack to my 2 door build. Anyone know the exact item number/SKU to order that particular part? Thanks
Second post in this thread. There is no kit available with all the parts. The parts combined add up to ~$1800 apparently.

ejinx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm assuming that even if you can't order a roof rack on the 4dr sas from the factory, you can still buy one from the dealer and put it on yourself at your own risk? I get that adding a a good bit of weight to a vehicle sitting a few inches higher off the ground could push it over that threshold such that Ford won't sell it due to safety ratings (that's mostly speculation from reading tons of comments on it here in the forums, not anything officially released from Ford), but is there technically anything stopping us from doing it ourselves?

I don't plan on putting anything up there crazy heavy, just a couple lighter weight kayaks. But without that rack I might as well sell the kayaks as a lost cause, I personally will not have any other options to haul them.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems crazy that the rails/crossbars aren't a Ford accessories option.
I dunno if I should get mine built with the rails or wait for an aftermarket option....!?