Sponsored

Got to test drive this 2.3L Bronco yesterday!

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got to test drive This 4 door CO non-Squached Badlands at All American Ford in Paramus NJ. (my dealer)

What an AMAZING truck!!! This thing drives unbelievably! I only got to take out for a 20 minute drive, buy oh boy! This thing just feels solid as a rock.

It had the 2.3 which was amazingly peppy. Steering was tight and responsive, braking was very smooth. You really feel connected to the road.

I've attached a couple of pictures and a not so great quick vid my wife took. We were both pretty exited, so it's a little shaky. It was nice to see my color in person up close finally. It

REALLY pops!!

Ford Bronco Got to test drive this 2.3L Bronco yesterday! 20210707_171559
Ford Bronco Got to test drive this 2.3L Bronco yesterday! 20210707_171606
Ford Bronco Got to test drive this 2.3L Bronco yesterday! 20210707_171550
Ford Bronco Got to test drive this 2.3L Bronco yesterday! 20210707_171615

Ford Bronco Got to test drive this 2.3L Bronco yesterday! 20210707_165710

Sponsored

Last edited:

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! Thanks for posting!

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got to test drive This 4 door CO non-Squached Badlands at All American Ford in Paramus NJ. (my dealer)

What an AMAZING truck!!! This thing drives unbelievably! I only got to take out for a 20 minute drive, buy oh boy! This thing just feels solid as a rock.

It had the 2.3 which was amazingly peppy. Steering was tight and responsive, braking was very smooth. You really feel connected to the road.

I've attached a couple of pictures and a not so great quick vid my wife took. We were both pretty exited, so it's a little shaky. It was nice to see my color in person up close finally. It

REALLY pops!!

Ford Bronco Got to test drive this 2.3L Bronco yesterday! My Movie
I'm curious about the ride quality over uneven or potholed pavement. I'm not expecting luxury car performance, but did you get the sense that this was more truck-like or SUV-like?

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm curious about the ride quality over uneven or potholed pavement. I'm not expecting luxury car performance, but did you get the sense that this was more truck-like or SUV-like?
I road in the back seat of a 2-door Wildtrack (has Sas) this week. Down a curb and over some rough pavement - road real nice. Better than my older 4x4s in terms of soaking up the bumps. I would call it more SUV than truck-like in terms of ride (in a good way).

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i'm wondering how different on road the suspension feel is between the badlands and the non-badlands or non-squatched versions.

OP
OP
Murraydog11

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Went over quite a bit of shitty torn up local streets. Rode like a luxury sedan! Very smooth, but still solid and tight.

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I road in the back seat of a 2-door Wildtrack (has Sas) this week. Down a curb and over some rough pavement - road real nice. Better than my older 4x4s in terms of soaking up the bumps. I would call it more SUV than truck-like in terms of ride (in a good way).
Thanks -- and from your signature it looks like you have some experience with the older 4x4s!

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went over quite a bit of shitty torn up local streets. Rode like a luxury sedan! Very smooth, but still solid and tight.
I didn't want to make an assumption about NJ roads, but sounds like you knew where I was heading with my question.

What did you think about visibility? I sat in one a few months back and it's a bit more limited than in many newer cars.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Murraydog11

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There has to be a better solution for the license plate in jersey. My wife told me to cancel my order when she saw how ugly that is. I chuckled. But seriously, there must be a better way.
[/QUOTE

I was thinking of fabricated a clamp-on bracket for the front tow hook. Like this:

Ford Bronco Got to test drive this 2.3L Bronco yesterday! license plate holder
Ford Bronco Got to test drive this 2.3L Bronco yesterday! License Plate1

BiggieStallz

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was thinking about fabricating a clamp on plate holder attached to the front tow hook.

I was thinking of fabricated a clamp-on bracket for the front tow hook. Like this:

I like it. Over the grill is hideous. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Murraydog11

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didn't want to make an assumption about NJ roads, but sounds like you knew where I was heading with my question.

What did you think about visibility? I sat in one a few months back and it's a bit more limited than in many newer cars.
I found the visibility to fine. I didn't notice any bad blind spots.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There has to be a better solution for the license plate in jersey. My wife told me to cancel my order when she saw how ugly that is. I chuckled. But seriously, there must be a better way.
Pretty sure our order has "do not drill for license plate bracket" in it for this reason.