Sponsored

Classic trim option: Am I the only one who...

stueyd

Black Diamond
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pouring through all of the photos, concepts, and mock-ups of different 2 and 4 door Bronco configurations, all I've really seen is big tire and more hard core off road builds outfitted with the sasquatch package.

While I appreciate all of the tech and investment that's gone into making this the best off roader in the market, am I the only one who would prefer to see more examples of a cleaner, more classic build of the new generation Broncos...perhaps even more of a beach/surf style concept?

Below, is an illustration that I saw Matthew Hoss post on Instagram that is the closest and best example I've seen and is closer to what I was hoping to see at launch. Anyone else share this appreciation for the basic and come across other examples?

Stu

Ford Bronco Classic trim option: Am I the only one who... Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 4.38.53 PM
Sponsored

Last edited:

Wolfsburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F-150, 1968 Ford Mustang California Special, 1969 Ford Mustang coupe, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That looks great!

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pouring through all of the photos, concepts, and mock-ups of different 2 and 4 door Bronco configurations, all I've really seen is big tire and more hard core off road builds outfitted with the sasquatch package.

While I appreciate all of the tech and investment that's gone into making this the best off roader in the market, am I the only one who would prefer to see more examples of a cleaner, more classic build of the new generation Broncos...perhaps even more of a beach/surf style concept?

Below, is an illustration that I saw Matthew Hoss post on Instagram that is the closest and best example I've seen and is closer to what I was hoping to see at launch. Anyone else share this appreciation for the basic and come across other examples?

Stu

Ford Bronco Classic trim option: Am I the only one who... Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 4.38.53 PM
that is exactly what I want except the 33's are plenty of tire for me. Plus I want skinny tires....

Hopefully we can get the white top, and I can get the steel rims for my winter tires. (I'm a huge fan of snow tires now that I can afford 2 sets of tires).

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Make that a 4 door and slap some dog dish hubcaps on there...SOLD

*Edit*

With red wheels and no flares

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Stu

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 4.38.53 PM.png
Honestly I don’t see anything different about that rendering from what you can order with the bronco, just has the wheels off a base model.

I guess ford is marketing it as a ready to go off road vehicle As that’s what it is. People don’t generally look at the lowest optioned trim Jeep and day I gotta have it, so why would ford. isn’t gonna drive sale

Stu

im confused... are you saying why isn’t there more marketing from Ford that emphasizes the base trim level?

I have only seen 2 people asking for a more tamed version on this forum...so I guess that’s why they aren’t pushing tamed

Sponsored

ChrisMeyers

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This isn't so different from a base Bronco. Just different wheels.

OBXdreamin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That is one sexy beast. Just like that please ?

OP
OP

stueyd

Black Diamond
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly I don’t see anything different about that rendering from what you can order with the bronco, just has the wheels off a base model.

I guess ford is marketing it as a ready to go off road vehicle As that’s what it is. People don’t generally look at the lowest optioned trim Jeep and day I gotta have it, so why would ford. isn’t gonna drive sale

im confused... are you saying why isn’t there more marketing from Ford that emphasizes the base trim level?

I have only seen 2 people asking for a more tamed version on this forum...so I guess that’s why they aren’t pushing tamed
Exactly, I think it's more of a Ford marketing and aftermarket community request to show different configurations that play into more of the classic aesthetics of the Bronco vs. sasquatch outfitted rock crawler. I don't necessarily want the base trim level, but am just looking for additional concepts showing a well optioned Bronco that has a more clean and simple looking aesthetic.

OP
OP

stueyd

Black Diamond
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This isn't so different from a base Bronco. Just different wheels.
Yeah, I'm not suggesting it can't be built out but would love to see more renderings of it as a classic Bronco alternative...smaller steel wheel and tire setup, white top, body color feners...maybe even some retro striping similar to the example below.

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 5.34.45 PM.png

Sponsored

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t necessarily want a “tamer” Bronco. I just probably won’t be rock crawling. I’ll take it off the beaten path, but that means remote parts of Northern Michigan. Not Moab. The base with better tires would be great for me. It’s all the capability I’d ever need.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think you guys wanting that classic esthetic may have to either wait a while, like next model year or so when new colors and trims are released. Or, pic a classic base color, lower trim level, then look to the aftermarket for wheels and maybe even the white top. I'm getting Area 51 and hope for a white top and light colored vinyl interior, but everything else will be off-road extreme spec.

However, i do like the look of the classic styled Bronco and hope to see some like that on the street.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Think you guys wanting that classic esthetic may have to either wait a while, like next model year or so when new colors and trims are released. Or, pic a classic base color, lower trim level, then look to the aftermarket for wheels and maybe even the white top. I'm getting Area 51 and hope for a white top and light colored vinyl interior, but everything else will be off-road extreme spec.

However, i do like the look of the classic styled Bronco and hope to see some like that on the street.
Nah. It's easy and fun to replicate this without paying Ford for it or having them lock it to a specific trim.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
For some reason based on the amount of ground clearance those steelies look much bigger than the actual 16” steelies. Otherwise it looks great, I don’t think that color is available on base iirc?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don’t necessarily want a “tamer” Bronco. I just probably won’t be rock crawling. I’ll take it off the beaten path, but that means remote parts of Northern Michigan. Not Moab. The base with better tires would be great for me. It’s all the capability I’d ever need.
...and one locker...
Sponsored