Sponsored

Will Enough Customers Switch to Soft Tops?

OP
OP
_bxt

_bxt

Badlands
First Name
BA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang/F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another reason I'm finding to switch to the 4-door
(& soft top) that I haven't seen mentioned is the 2-door range. You get about 4 more gallons in the 4-door fuel tank, (from almost 17 gal to almost 21 gal) pushing the range from about 290 to almost 350 miles.

Last edited:
OP
OP
_bxt

_bxt

Badlands
First Name
BA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang/F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried searching for this, but couldn't find an answer. Will the hard top kits allow the connection for the rear defroster as well?
I would think because the electrical will be there..

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had a WT order that was stalled out. I had a second reservation that was pushed to 2022. I pulled it back and turned it into a OBX order with a SOFT TOP. My plan was to keep whichever got build first. To my surprise, a few days later, I got a call that my WT order (With MIC) got a build date.

So in my case I had two nearly identical builds, both of which were back to back in my dealer's allocation, and the WT with MIC still go chosen for production first.

So - there are no guarantees.

But given that it could be 2023 before you can buy a hard top as an accessory or part, I would suggest sticking with your MIC orders or it could be much much longer before you have what you want.

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried searching for this, but couldn't find an answer. Will the hard top kits allow the connection for the rear defroster as well?
I heard the kit will include back wiper, defroster connections plus the switches installed to run both

Sponsored

Caiden16

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I switched even though I think the soft tops look like ass. What’s the difference buying a hardtop later when most people are financing a $3200 sway bar disconnect for a Badlands or $2500 for leather seats or another $2500 for a lux package. You can put the money in your front pocket or pass it on when you die but you only live once so I’m spending it.

johnny_bronco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I changed to soft top and I live in New England. This will be garaged. I had a Jeep with dual tops in the past and waffled over this for awhile. Call me impatient or call me a skeptic that ordering almost a month after launch could put me very far out in a long a$$ line for a Mic Top. I wish the Fast back top was available. In the end I read so much about soft top owners in New England saying it really wasn’t that bad at all. Ford Visa here I come!!! Rewards points could help buy the top some day when there are available to order in 2028. 🤪🤪🤪

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never used one when I lived in California either. I learned to drive pulling my Dad's boat trailer, I often forget to even use my rearview mirror. You side mirrors see behind you better anyway.

Was driving the wife's Expedition last week, and some idiot in an MG thought it was a good idea to draft behind me. Couldn't even see him in the RW mirror, but could see him just fine with the side mirrors.
Trying to not be dense, but if the side mirrors are watching behind you, then you're sacrificing being able to point them at blind spots, right?

OP
OP
_bxt

_bxt

Badlands
First Name
BA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang/F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trying to not be dense, but if the side mirrors are watching behind you, then you're sacrificing being able to point them at blind spots, right?
Blind spot indicators on the Bronco ...

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This has probably been answered but if we switch to a soft top (already done) and switch trim (haven’t but debating) if we get bumped to a 22, can we switch back to the original trim? Or is there a deadline to do that?

Sponsored

eastbaybronco

Badlands
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 4-Door CG Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was going to switch to the soft top in hopes it moved up my delivery date. I was told that was not a guarantee and I could still wait a while. Also, I would rather not want to deal with the extra costs associated with adding the hard top later. So, I decided to stick with my build and just wait it out. :cry:

Jason F

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm curious how many people are interested in taking Ford up on their 'free hardtop prep kit" offer and getting soft tops now. I wonder if enough people will switch that Ford will be producing only customer pre-orders.

It's basically like ordering the dual top and paying for the hard top portion at a later date, isn't it?
I switched from 2 door to 4 door soft top

Shifty

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I changed to soft top and I live in New England. This will be garaged. I had a Jeep with dual tops in the past and waffled over this for awhile. Call me impatient or call me a skeptic that ordering almost a month after launch could put me very far out in a long a$$ line for a Mic Top. I wish the Fast back top was available. In the end I read so much about soft top owners in New England saying it really wasn’t that bad at all. Ford Visa here I come!!! Rewards points could help buy the top some day when there are available to order in 2028. 🤪🤪🤪
I’m in New England too and thinking about switching to soft top, getting a lot of push back from dealer, now wants me to go in and redo all the paperwork. How did you change ? I’m afraid that they will void the first order and really mess things up. Anything you can share about your experience? I have a deposit on the car but I get a sense that if they change my order its one more off the allocation that they might have received dealer stock instead....could be off base here.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in New England too and thinking about switching to soft top, getting a lot of push back from dealer, now wants me to go in and redo all the paperwork. How did you change ? I’m afraid that they will void the first order and really mess things up. Anything you can share about your experience? I have a deposit on the car but I get a sense that if they change my order its one more off the allocation that they might have received dealer stock instead....could be off base here.
I think I had my change done about 2 minutes after I emailed the dealer…literally. He emailed back the WBDO build with the soft top added and MIC removed that quickly.

Shifty

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I had my change done about 2 minutes after I emailed the dealer…literally. He emailed back the WBDO build with the soft top added and MIC removed that quickly.
I figured ... not sure why they are insisting on me coming in and redoing all of the paperwork.
Sponsored