First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure how much this costs, probably can't even justify it for how little I'll be under the hood, but I still want it. 😄
You ARE the hood!!..….The Hood man!!!...ordering gas struts for his hood....man!!😆😁😎
Sponsored

VehiChase

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Ford Bronco (bought 99), 14 Xterra, 89 Daytona
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Our 2005 F150 came with struts. Probably you’re the only one who doesn’t feel screwed by that penny pinching.
Maybe it is a weight saving thing (ala Lotus or Porsche). Prop rod might weight several ounces less then struts thereby increasing mpg and towing capacity.

I like, but $100 for two struts little pricey. Maybe group buy for bronco6g members?

The struts on my 911's frunk have never really worked. The result is a dent on the back of my skull from the hood latch. Bought a set of replacement ones (not as easy to install as Bronco) and only lasted 2 seasons. Now I have a fiberglass prop rod and no more concussions.
https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_I...MIpcHUv5HW8QIVGLrICh250gU-EAQYAyABEgKSZfD_BwE

Last edited:

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe it is a weight saving thing (ala Lotus or Porsche). Prop rod might weight several ounces less then struts thereby increasing mpg and towing capacity.

I like, but $100 for two struts little pricey. Maybe group buy for bronco6g members?
Yeah, you're buying the install kit (brackets, hardware, ball ends for both ends), packaging, R&D, profit margin.
If you could source the individual pieces, know what length strut and what capacity, and know exactly where to put the mounts so the geometry is correct, you could do it less.

But for $100 I'd rather have a complete setup with the research done, and with a warranty. But that's just me.
After installing a few kits like this, you come to appreciate that someone else did all the homework and the trial and error so you can open a package and simply install something proven to work.
It's worth the extra $ 40-50 or so markup.

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone happened to email them to see what sort of branding they're going to slap on these suckers? I know for my Focus RS they have a giant "Redline Tuning" decal on them so I opted for a different brand that just sold solid, color matched options. I just emailed their support team before ordering so I may be able to report that back here shortly.

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is great, thanks for sharing!

Just put my order in for the Elite set, and even picked up a set for my FJ40 🚙💨

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone happened to email them to see what sort of branding they're going to slap on these suckers? I know for my Focus RS they have a giant "Redline Tuning" decal on them so I opted for a different brand that just sold solid, color matched options. I just emailed their support team before ordering so I may be able to report that back here shortly.
Got an answer, branding sticker is removable

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 10.06.48 AM.png

NYCBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven’t seen it mentioned here but in a lot of the walk around and Instagram live videos they had a lot of trouble closing the hood. It had to be dropped from almost full height to catch. And it if wasn’t it couldn’t be pushed closed at the bottom. Just something I remeber seeing and curious how it will work with the struts.

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think height will be an issue. Not because people are all tall enough, but because the way a hood prop is designed, you have to lift the hood slightly before undoing the prop. So a shorter person wouldn't be able to use the hood prop anyway.

Peter
True with the exception that their website states this raises the hood 8 additional inches. That's a lot!

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So hood struts have been a popular thing on EB’s for those of us addicted to resto-modding them. But the problem is the EB hood is very weak but also very heavy. So it took a strut with a very high lifting capacity. Many of us learned the hard way as we bent our hood at the point where the struts were attached when closing the hood. Only good news is it got me a brand new fiberglass hood. The hood photos of the new Bronco make me think this won’t be a problem. The hood looks pretty well reinforced. But for now I plan on sticking with the prop rod.

don1n

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

The struts on my 911's frunk have never really worked. The result is a dent on the back of my skull from the hood latch. Bought a set of replacement ones (not as easy to install as Bronco) and only lasted 2 seasons. Now I have a fiberglass prop rod and no more concussions.
https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_I...MIpcHUv5HW8QIVGLrICh250gU-EAQYAyABEgKSZfD_BwE
Damn you’re cheap lol, $100 is nothing for struts on a vehicle that didn’t come with them. For my NSX, trunk struts are $185 plus shipping and taxes.

I haven’t seen it mentioned here but in a lot of the walk around and Instagram live videos they had a lot of trouble closing the hood. It had to be dropped from almost full height to catch. And it if wasn’t it couldn’t be pushed closed at the bottom. Just something I remeber seeing and curious how it will work with the struts.
Can confirm, I actually texted my sales person, I was going to bring it in for service. I’ve never had to let a hood fall from so high to close. Normally I’d let a hood rest on the latch and press down to lock. I tried it like 10 times that way, checking for what could be stopping it for like 30 mins before I let it drop from high up 😅😅

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The factory gas struts on my 2015 MKZ are still fine today. 🤷‍♂️
Dude, I was making a joke. Gas springs eventually wear out and need replacement. Usually cheap bastards (i.e. the second or third owner) use a prop rod of some sort, like an old broom stick, rather than replacing the gas springs. I was trying to point out the irony of it; that the Bronco already has the prop rod.

Cool?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On my YJ, I just rested the hood on the windshield. Simple.

Page 11... Lol.
Sponsored