The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where does that leave the 2Dr people?
To keep I. The spirit of some of these thread responses… up sh*ts creek! Lol but in all seriousness, I am GUESSING 2 door will continue being scheduled because you don’t have a soft top option at all. Take that with a grain of salt haha
Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
a handful of tops a day... with questionable quality..

from fellow forum member's video

Peter
One of dealers service guys cut themselves on the top the day it was delivered. It’s pretty sharp on the top on the outside edges.

OP
OP
FlyingBronco

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, it WOULD be nice if they threw us WT orders a bone. I'll believe it when it comes from Fords mouth though. I'd say from their email, but i don't get those.
I mean, it does make sense to prioritize the hard tops to orders with trims that have no soft top option. I would assume 2-door will see same prioritization across all trims because they have no choice to swap tops.

Sponsored

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spoke to the GM of my dealer today. They had a meeting with their Ford rep early last week. According to them, if you have the MIC roof on your order, have not received a build date, and are not a FE or WT, then you will not see you Bronco until 2022. I have a Badlands with MIC on order, reserved 48 hours after opening and no build date. I know everybody is hearing various info from their dealer and Ford but has anybody else heard this from their dealer?

I reached out to the GM because late last week I asked my Bronco rep if changing to soft top would speed things up and he said no, they are seeing MIC builds slowly trickle through and it could ramp up quickly.

So, who the hell do I believe here? Lol I want to trust the GM but he could easily be feeding me some story to help out his own business interests.
I am right there with you. I was a late day two reservation holder. My dealer said that 90% of orders are going to be MY22. Maybe just his orders?? Who knows. Also, only 4 of his allocated 28 have been scheduled. With that said, his rep said that if you switch to a soft top, you have a better chance of getting a MY21 but there are no guarantees. With your GM stating that if you switch it won’t make a difference, I don’t think anyone knows what the hell is going on.

Jedi2.0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean, it does make sense to prioritize the hard tops to orders with trims that have no soft top option. I would assume 2-door will see same prioritization across all trims because they have no choice to swap tops.
If they prioritize WT orders on hard tops Should Badlands with MIC guys switch to WT to have their build prioritized?

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford is truly dropping the ball by not being truly transparent in their “email updates”. If Ford had said in an email what my GM told me, of course I would be bummed but I would be informed.
Gotta protect their investors. They’re stock used to be $6 a share, it wasnt looking good. They botched the explorer launch if they were to go public with this one it would be bad.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford is truly dropping the ball by not being truly transparent in their “email updates”. If Ford had said in an email what my GM told me, of course I would be bummed but I would be informed.
I think they are choosing not to because they don't want to lose sales. However, eventually the writing will be on the walls, and we'll hear direct from Ford. It won't happen until it has to, and that is a shame because like most people here I am completely in the dark on even what year my Bronco will be built.

Time to work on a contingency plan for me at least, because I need a new car before 2022.

OP
OP
FlyingBronco

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am right there with you. I was a late day two reservation holder. My dealer said that 90% of orders are going to be MY22. Maybe just his orders?? Who knows. Also, only 4 of his allocated 28 have been scheduled. With that said, his rep said that if you switch to a soft top, you have a better chance of getting a MY21 but there are no guarantees. With your GM stating that if you switch it won’t make a difference, I don’t think anyone knows what the hell is going on.
The GM told me it will make a big difference if I go soft top. This was after I asked the regular salesman who is handling my order. The regular salesman said late last week that switching probably won’t affect the timing by much. Let’s just say I have more faith in the GM and I had to double check lol

Sponsored

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They have put more info out to the 4DR order holders than the 2Dr

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We should buy magic 8 balls. They’ll probably give a better answer.
there's already a B6G magic 8 ball. it's attached below.

Also, calling bullshit on any thread from here on out that starts with "My dealer said...."

Bear in mind that these are the same beacons of morality that will mark up a truck THEY DONT HAVE ON THE LOT, to nearly $100k. Fuck dealers, they're full of shit

Ford Bronco Non-First Edition and Wildtrak builds with MIC pushed to MY22 5ebgs0

Ford Bronco Non-First Edition and Wildtrak builds with MIC pushed to MY22 5ebgtz

Ford Bronco Non-First Edition and Wildtrak builds with MIC pushed to MY22 5ebgvw

Ford Bronco Non-First Edition and Wildtrak builds with MIC pushed to MY22 5ebgx9

Ford Bronco Non-First Edition and Wildtrak builds with MIC pushed to MY22 5ebgyv

Ford Bronco Non-First Edition and Wildtrak builds with MIC pushed to MY22 5ebh1v

Ford Bronco Non-First Edition and Wildtrak builds with MIC pushed to MY22 5ebh02

Ford Bronco Non-First Edition and Wildtrak builds with MIC pushed to MY22 5ebh3u

Ford Bronco Non-First Edition and Wildtrak builds with MIC pushed to MY22 5ebh52

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The MY21 to MY22 cutoff is arbitrary. What about Webasto’s situation is going to automagically change when Ford, a separate company, starts assembling MY22 Broncos?

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would be nice to know how many tops they are producing a day on average.
This was from another site, but I am have no proof this is actually the case.

1AEDBBB4-8136-4BEB-AB8D-0D919F49B3FD.jpeg

OP
OP
FlyingBronco

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they prioritize WT orders on hard tops Should Badlands with MIC guys switch to WT to have their build prioritized?
You read my mind. I started thinking that shortly after he told me about all this. I may ask him and see what he says.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.