Sponsored

I don’t want to worry 2DR buyers but this doesn’t look good.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad I switched to a soft top now. The sad part about all of this is how I am not surprised by any of it. We’ve all known for quite some time how many issues there has been with Webasto and them not being able to supply good quality hard tops at a good rate. I finally had enough of waiting on them to get it right with no timetable.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We’ve all known for quite some time how many issues there has been with Webasto
When you say "we" Kemosabe, don't include anyone in Dearborn....those fools been acting like the world is all rainbows & lollipops - "Hope is not a Strategy"

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You know, "bad" has another meaning...

Maybe the person that wrote that is 50-60 years old and that is what they meant.
Bad Ass is a good term. Unfortunately Ass and Roof are different terms.

BC33

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The moral of this story is to pick up your Bronco from the dealer in the middle of a downpour.
If it makes anyone feel better. My 4D Jeep Wrangler soft top funnels rainwater straight into the cab when you open the front doors and it’s raining. I get soaked every time!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you say "we" Kemosabe, don't include anyone in Dearborn....those fools been acting like the world is all rainbows & lollipops - "Hope is not a Strategy"
LOL. No argument from me. I was referring to the forum members on here when I said “we.” :)

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe the inspector is from an urban area and uses the word “ bad” to me “ good”? Yeah, I don’t believe that either ,but I have to try something in order from becoming even more disappointed in this endeavor. Lol

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m going to go back tomorrow and look closer at the 4 doors. Thinking about it and looking at the pics there is writing on some of the 4 doors. I probably just wants paying attention to them
The four door tops have “naughty roof” written on them.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Once again.... WHY wasn't Ford keeping an eye on this shit for the last 2 years? They wait til now to say Uh Oh... Houston we have a problem! This truly is yet another Ford failure to launch.

Maybe it's a good time to tell EVERYONE... you get a soft top, you in back get a soft, you over there get a soft top... and because WE fucked up, we'll sell you a hard top for the same upgrade price you see in the B&P tool!
Interesting that there was apparently no contingency plan in place isnt it?

Sponsored

VinceWright14

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Once again.... WHY wasn't Ford keeping an eye on this shit for the last 2 years? They wait til now to say Uh Oh... Houston we have a problem! This truly is yet another Ford failure to launch.

Maybe it's a good time to tell EVERYONE... you get a soft top, you in back get a soft, you over there get a soft top... and because WE fucked up, we'll sell you a hard top for the same upgrade price you see in the B&P tool!
Things happen in production that isnt caught till its out the factory. It could be something simple as too much flashing on a section that causes issues. There's a video of a raptor driving over 2005 Ford GT rear body sections...like 20 of them because they couldnt be used and couldnt be repaired. So to make sure someone didnt try they literally crushed them.

oops it wasnt a raptor...but heres the vid....
Oldie but a goodie..i guess lol

BuffaloBronco87

Outer Banks
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Interesting that there was apparently no contingency plan in place isnt it?
No. Ford signed Webasto to a contract to build Bronco roofs. Webasto builds roofs for other vehicles as well. No reason for Ford to have a contingency plan. If you start mixing roofs from multiple suppliers you may have roofs , but just as easily multiply your problems.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bad Ass is a good term. Unfortunately Ass and Roof are different terms.
IDK, they seem kind of interchangeable at Webasto.

1st4rd

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually think this is a good move on Ford’s part. They obviously have a bunch of bad tops that are not first quality, but are dry, so they put them on built units until the top production can catch up. When they get a batch of good, first quality tops, they just switch them out and send the Broncos out.

Also this is needless worry - some people on here need to find a more constructive use of their time

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If it makes anyone feel better. My 4D Jeep Wrangler soft top funnel rainwater straight into the cab when you open the front doors and it’s raining. I get soaked every time!
You actually drive with your top on in the rain? Man up, or no wave for you! :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored