First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How many miles do you plan on putting on the odometer between oil changes using a synthetic vs synthetic blend?
Sponsored

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I typically have been doing 10K miles between oil changes on my normal vehicles. I had planned on doing 7.5 k on the Bronco because of the turbos. But after reading the owner's manual it's clear that 5K oil changes are going to be what's needed unless you do nothing but street driving.

I'm personally still unsure about the blend oil. I can't imagine why they would want to not have full synthetic.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Every 5K miles, like I do with my Jeep. So that's about every 14 months.
Tires rotated same time.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I typically have been doing 10K miles between oil changes on my normal vehicles. I had planned on doing 7.5 k on the Bronco because of the turbos. But after reading the owner's manual it's clear that 5K oil changes are going to be what's needed unless you do nothing but street driving.

I'm personally still unsure about the blend oil. I can't imagine why they would want to not have full synthetic.
Motorcraft blend is supposed to be one of the better ones but I don't see the point of using any blends, especially if they don't publish the ratio.

I'm happy with literally any full synth I can get cheap. Supertech for $15 a jug is a great value, pun intended.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Modern Ford vehicles have an IOLM (intelligent oil life monitor) that monitors various engine parameters and operating conditions and tells you when the oil needs to be changed.

examples: aggressive driving in a 5.0 Mustang, or towing/hauling heavy loads in a F-150 or 250, extensive stop and go short distance “delivery” driving in your Transit van, high speed / high temp off roading in your Raptor, extended idling in your Fusion etc. and it may have you come in around 5,000 miles. Normal conditions driving in any of those vehicles and it may not advise you to come in until around 10,000 miles.

either way it will eventually instruct you to “change oil soon.” Which will then turn into “change oil now”.

having said all of that, I’d recommend changing every 5k. Changing more frequently can’t hurt especially when your oil is also lubricating high temperature turbo chargers. Plus, that way even if life gets in the way and you can’t make it in on time, there is still a significant cushion.

I agree and I think most people know that full synthetic oil is superior. It is certainly worth considering on your Bronco as well, but your average Ford owner is not interested in a $90.00+ oil change. I believe this is why Ford specs synthetic blend, it gives you a superior product (to conventional oil) at a very reasonable price.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Every 5k. Easy for this old farts brain to remember.

Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Full synthetic and I’ll go about 5000-6000k. 99% street driving

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Regardless of the vehicle recommendation, it is always never more then 5000. Some vehicles I go with 3500. Cheap maintenance, that takes 15 minutes.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Deleted member 3063

either way it will eventually instruct you to “change oil soon.” Which will then turn into “change oil now”.
And it's all logged in the computer. Ignoring the warnings may lead to refused warranty claims.

Sure you can reset the warnings and motor on but how will you document the oil changes.
Sponsored