First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
This lift is only spacers so springs and other things don't change. But you may lose some wheel travel. The ride should not change much. The kit switches you from studs to bolts on the lower shock mount, be careful the bolts are tightened correctly so they don't vibrate loose.
Sponsored

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If the general consensus turns out to be that a 1" spacer will not cause binding on a BL, I would 100% get this with no qualms. A chunk of steel isn't going to go bad just because of the name on it. The double stacked spacers is a little weird but it won't hurt anything.

This is a good opportunity to flip those lower shock bolts to threads pointing up.
I have RC on my 2011 Frontier, no issues other than UCAS but I already know Frontiers have that issue
I have Revtek on out ,2003 Sequoia since 2008, no issues
Of course I donā€™t Wheel like a Freak either
Mostly hills and trails

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We are talking about spacers here. The simplest form of lift. As long as it is small and doesnt screw your angles too much there isnt much that can go wrong with it other than poor installation or serious construction mistakes that a installer should notice. RC is cheap, one of the cheapest. I have used em with no issue. But really just bought em for the cheap shocks. They are better than stock type(on older vehicles atleast) but arent anything close to what we are getting on the Bronco. Personally I would like to just fabricate my own. I plan on something with more of a solid design for longevity. But will limit it to 1.25" lift. I really have this idea of just making a bunch of my own tweaks on the chassis to maximize it for my tastes.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if the folks having problems with just a spacer lift are doing an alignment after installation.?.? @BAUS67 have you noticed a big change in alignment on the examples you referred to, after the swap?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder if the folks having problems with just a spacer lift are doing an alignment after installation.?.? @BAUS67 have you noticed a big change in alignment on the examples you referred to, after the swap?

We always do an alignment afterwards but many times it is not required. We do it mainly to make sure there is not a problem. Toe may need a slight adjustment.

Full blown lift kit and yes it requires an alignment.

Sponsored

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have no experience with leveling kits - do they just lift the front? if so, how would it allow you to fit a tire one size bigger than stock?

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We always do an alignment afterwards but many times it is not required. We do it mainly to make sure there is not a problem. Toe may need a slight adjustment.

Full blown lift kit and yes it requires an alignment.
Right. I was referring to the ones where you only swapped the spacers from one brand to another... as in, their problem possibly being that they didnā€™t do an alignment with their original spacers. Seems a lot of folks trying to do things on a limited budget (or limited knowledge) may not do, or know to do, an alignment. Just a thought

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Right. I was referring to the ones where you only swapped the spacers from one brand to another... as in, their problem possibly being that they didnā€™t do an alignment with their original spacers. Seems a lot of folks trying to do things on a limited budget (or limited knowledge) may not do, or know to do, an alignment. Just a thought
I should have been more clear in my original post by saying "full blown lift lift" not just lift as this thread is more about a spacer lift, but wanted to convey to those about my experience with RC.

Yes if you do the spacer lift yourself you should still have the alignment checked. Money well spent.

One final thought about spacer lifts. Yes for the most part it is hard to screw up some steel welded together. With the Bronco it appears that you will need to be careful of how much "spacer" to put on what model. Full blown lifts are a different story, I would be very careful in my purchase. Do your homework.

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have no experience with leveling kits - do they just lift the front? if so, how would it allow you to fit a tire one size bigger than stock?
Iā€™m no expert either, but I will do my best to explain how it works. Yes it just raises the front about an inch. Taller tires rub when turning, especially under load. Raising the vehicle gives you a little more room between the body and the tire.

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the general consensus turns out to be that a 1" spacer will not cause binding on a BL, I would 100% get this with no qualms. A chunk of steel isn't going to go bad just because of the name on it. The double stacked spacers is a little weird but it won't hurt anything.

This is a good opportunity to flip those lower shock bolts to threads pointing up.
Which one of these is good for a badlands?

Sponsored

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I personally would stay away from spacer lifts no matter the vendor.
I could write a book on the failures they cause.

The Ford designed ball joints on the upper arm aren't the strongest. They're notorious for being over flexed and wearing out fast or damaging the ball joint cage.

BabyDoc1012

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra, 2019 Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a RC level on my 2018 Sierra and I could not keep it aligned at all. I removed and went with Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks. When I get my BD I will add 5100s when they are available

Johnabx

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a RC level on my 2018 Sierra and I could not keep it aligned at all. I removed and went with Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks. When I get my BD I will add 5100s when they are available
Hey, I was running a search on the Bilstein 5100ā€™s and saw you post this. Did you ever put 5100ā€™s on your BD? I was thinking of doing the same. My research seemed to indicate you could add a set to the front for an additional 1 inch to level it out and wouldnā€™t need to replace the spring. Any other info you have would be appreciated. It would seem it would still be an upgrade over factory as well.
Sponsored