First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 07 ram 2500, 98 Toyota 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good to hear I can change dealers. I want options when it comes down to making the deal.

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford just went through the exact reservation process with the MachE.
The Reveal and Reservations opening happened November 17th.

Last week of June, 7 months later, orders opened. Ford's customer service reps were equipped to move a reservation PRIOR to Order which is what the MachE FAQ said at the reveal upon the reservation.

Customers called in to customer service, were given a 5 day timeline for it to show in Ford Pass, and then with their chosen dealer could order.

The Bronco and Bronco Sport reservation/order process is the same.

There is six months, between now and the First Bronco Order, (Sport is sooner), relax and enjoy the trail.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is how we beat scummy dealers who try to charge ADM
This is going to be a mass produced vehicle, not a limited run like GT350/500. Dealers that charge any kind of ADM are retarded, and anyone that pays ADM, even more so.

Sponsored

Tonyd24

First Edition
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge—-don’t judge me
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure if anyone already posted or knew but when I asked ford customer service if you can change from 2 door to 4 door when you order they said yes as well.
I’m thinking there reservations are similar to a queue and you’re not really committed to anything specific until you sign the line.

chipbutty

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing cool
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not sure if anyone already posted or knew but when I asked ford customer service if you can change from 2 door to 4 door when you order they said yes as well.
I’m thinking there reservations are similar to a queue and you’re not really committed to anything specific until you sign the line.
What are they gonna say? “No! You must buy what you specified in July! Now give us $50,000!!!”
This is just a queue and a marketing tool.

Sponsored

79Bronco-iowa

First Name
Iowan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If I had it my way I would be able to release my FE allocation to the 3501 person who tried to reserve one while keeping my spot in line.
You should buy it at Granger Ford for $1000 under invoice and flip for above MSRP. Haha

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is excellent news! Hopefully it is all accurate.
I reserved mine the morning of the 14th. I was contacted that afternoon by the fleet sales manager at my local dealership. He wanted to know if I had any questions etc. He told me orders would be taking place around the end of December and he also said that since I had ordered a 2 door that those were going to be delivered first...He then said it is likely that I would be getting mine around the end of January or the first of Feb...(I am taking this with a grain of salt) He also told me that at the time of ordering I can make any changes I would like....

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have already had quite a few emails offering to buy my account lol.

Unfortunately my second reservation is on the same account ... that was a mis step lol
I would highly recommend going to the dealership in person and talking to the dealership manager about it. I suspect the dealership would be willing to make you a fantastic deal on your second reservation in order for them to keep the first edition and allow them to have it in their show room and flip it for well above MSRP. It's my understanding that it's basically the only way they can get their hands on first editions and being able to sell them well above MSRP (thanks to the reservation system and being able to move reservations between dealerships).

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like the 'Reservation' sets an allocation for the selected (whether it was what you wanted or not) dealer, so they can order it when the order banks open. Once a dealership has an allocation, I believe it is theirs and the other part of the reservation gives first right of refusal to the guy or gal who laid down their $100 deposit (it is not a reservation for a vehicle, it is a reservation for a spot in line to order a vehicle, for which a dealer needs to have an allocation to order. It is very clear in the reservation verbiage.) It might be that there is some legal stuff to work out between Ford and the dealers to make the allocation portable. If the allocation is not transferable without both Ford and the dealer agreeing, then yeah, they can charge whatever they want and if you walk away, they can sell it to anyone.

It might not be that the dealers are not understanding the reservation process, it might be the buyers (due to Ford being less than clear with the process) do not understand it. I certainly hope that my take on the process is wrong as it would be a recipe for disaster, however it fits with everything I have read.

Do not forget, Ford has a dealer network and cannot sell cars directly to the public due to contract restrictions with those dealers. All your $100 bought you was a promise of a spot in line to order a vehicle from a dealer, not a specific vehicle and for better or worse; dealers will set a price to what they market will bear. Ford has no control over it.

I have no inside information at all on this, just putting together all of the anecdotal recaps on here of conversations with dealers and what I read on the Ford site to come up with my interpretation.

Perhaps a dealer type can chime in to refute or confirm the veracity of my musings?
Neither you, nor many dealers, appear to be understanding the reservation system. Please read the original posting to this thread again. The reservations are transferable between dealerships. Assuming you are a normal non-FE reservation you will be contacted by or in December to finalize your actual order. You will be given a date by which you have to close the deal or you lose your place in line (if I had to guess I'd say December 31st for accounting purposes). If the dealership you initially were assigned screws with you, you can call around and switch to a different dealership. In other words a reservation isn't an allocation and dealerships can't treat them as allocations because it's not theirs, it's the customers.

It's a fantastic business model for Ford and the customers, not so much the dealers who are use to gouging customers with markups on in demand vehicles. It essentially makes the customers the "owners" of the allocations and since they can move between dealers it forces the dealerships to compete on price, keeping the cost down for the reservation holders. It's as close to the tesla sales model as ford can get while still maintaining the dealership network.
Sponsored