Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Flip any way to get just the bracket that the 4/7 receptacle clips into? The bracket that bolts to the hitch. Thanks
Nope. Had one of my guys all over this earlier today. You can get the plug with the bracket, just not the bracket by itself. The engineering number does not cross in Ford Ecat or Microcat. If I can get someone to make a .dxf file for it, I'll have some laser cut. This bracket is specific to Bronco.
Sponsored

Desmomini

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ferrari 348, Porsche 914
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Reactions: R11
OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the link! I just ordered this plus 4 bolts. Total with shipping was $335.

All I need it for is a bike rack or a Versahaul (light motorcycle trailer that mounts sideways).
The bolts are in the kit, no need to get them separately.

Desmomini

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ferrari 348, Porsche 914
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The bolts are in the kit, no need to get them separately.
Okay, good to know! I did just get an email that "some of your parts are backordered..."

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition | 4 Door | Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Okay, good to know! I did just get an email that "some of your parts are backordered..."
I'm assuming it wasn't the bolts.... :(

Sponsored

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All the more credence to the theory the constrained part is the 7-pin harness / electrical components for the plug-and-play trailer brake… and not the physical receiver (or more simple 4-pin harness).
That's the ten dollar question 7 pin or 4 pin

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That was a route I looked at but think it may be a no-go because the parts catalogue shows many different rear harness configurations with or without tow. The other big obstacle is the workshop manual shows BCM and BCM-C have no user configurable settings. We had a customer put larger tires on a '21 F150 and were going to use FDRS to change tire diameter but no function was available. One of the techs has Forscan and it didn't have the ability either. Then, you still have to deal with the SCCM that sends signal from the turn signal switch to the BCM. The smartest thing Ford could have done was build 2 harnesses, one for 2d and one for 4d. It would have reduced part numbers and made everything more upgradable in the future.

Just assume all of the wiring is there you would need to buy the module for $250 which has to be programmed VIN specific for a vehicle with tow. That will probably create a problem with the network communication system and cause other problems. If you could overcome, you still need to buy the hitch, hardware and 4/7 plug which will run $350-$400. This doesn't include any labor IF configuration was dealer only.

It's a real head shaker but I guess that's why I'm not an engineer or accountant. Very easy to look at after the hard part is done and criticize. It's times like these where constructive criticism is justified when you consider it from an end user perspective.

If you need right now is the light function, not brake energizing, the setup I'm working on is probably going to be the least complex, invasive and cheapest until aftermarket comes out.
Don't for get to program the EDM to give the brake light signal

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good question...........My F-150 did and my Edge
We have had absolutely zero to date that indicates it comes with a transmission cooler.

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have had absolutely zero to date that indicates it comes with a transmission cooler.
It does not come with an aux cooler (as of now). The 2.3 cooler is mounted to the trans where the 2.7 is up front near the radiator.

Sponsored
OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: A couple of you have asked about progress so here’s the plan. I have one of my orders coming next week or the following. I’have a plan along with most of the stuff I think I need. My guy at Ford has not had time to help figure out a full plug-n-play connector setup for tapping the rear lights. I can do that but will require installing additional male and female connectors with pigtails coming off. I can essentially do the same by pulling the factory terminals, cutting and splicing. Not everyone’s cup of tea which is why I want to come up with something that doesn’t require wire butchering if at all possible.
I’m shooting for a 7/4 plug that will gave turn, park, reverse and 12V+ power, no trailer braking. The OE Bronco plug has a special bracket only available with the plug which isn’t in stock. I got one of 3 that were available at the time. If you know anyone that can make a dxf or AI file, I can get some laser cut if availability is going to be a continued problem.

The wiring for factory trailer tow appears to be there on non TT vehicles, including the fuses. This is where I plan on picking up 12V+. There is a body ground right next to the connectors. The easiest wat to get signal for the lights will be at the interior tail light connectors. Factory TT sends a signal back to the module then goes back up front, out through the firewall and all the way back to the trailer plug. I also need to find a bulkhead to pass the wiring through somewhere in the back without cutting a new hole.

I’m going to let folks drive this one when it comes in so I really can’t have it torn apart. When #2 gets here I’ll have more alone time. I did have to purchase some connectors and terminals to plug into factory TT wiring and will either supply those numbers or make them myself. You would need special terminal pliers or buy the pigtails from Ford.

Biggest factor right now is getting a Bronco in for me to get all of the above stuff worked out and documented. Please be patient, I promise to update once I make sure my plan is viable and doesn’t create any unintended problems.

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m shooting for a 7/4 plug that will gave turn, park, reverse and 12V+ power, no trailer braking. The OE Bronco plug has a special bracket only available with the plug which isn’t in stock. I got one of 3 that were available at the time. If you know anyone that can make a dxf or AI file, I can get some laser cut if availability is going to be a continued problem.

The wiring for factory trailer tow appears to be there on non TT vehicles, including the fuses. This is where I plan on picking up 12V+. There is a body ground right next to the connectors. The easiest wat to get signal for the lights will be at the interior tail light connectors. Factory TT sends a signal back to the module then goes back up front, out through the firewall and all the way back to the trailer plug. I also need to find a bulkhead to pass the wiring through somewhere in the back without cutting a new hole.

I’m going to let folks drive this one when it comes in so I really can’t have it torn apart. When #2 gets here I’ll have more alone time. I did have to purchase some connectors and terminals to plug into factory TT wiring and will either supply those numbers or make them myself. You would need special terminal pliers or buy the pigtails from Ford.

Biggest factor right now is getting a Bronco in for me to get all of the above stuff worked out and documented. Please be patient, I promise to update once I make sure my plan is viable and doesn’t create any unintended problems.
That's actually the functionality I need from the 7-pin as my 14' 2-axle utility trailer has brakes, a battery and reverse lights. With my Raptor or F-450, I use the ITBC and with my wife's Explorer we use the Curt Echo Bluetooth TBC which works pretty good. It needs the +12V to work. I'll use this one in the Bronco instead of the Redarc one with the custom signal box from Ford Accessories that needs the brake wire in the 7-pin. This trailer has a 5.5K GVWR but I don't think I've loaded it past 3K yet. Sized it to carry my 6-seat golf cart or a SxS.

Given most of the wiring and fuses appear to be present, are you going to attempt to get the factory TRM to work?

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's actually the functionality I need from the 7-pin as my 14' 2-axle utility trailer has brakes, a battery and reverse lights. With my Raptor or F-450, I use the ITBC and with my wife's Explorer we use the Curt Echo Bluetooth TBC which works pretty good. It needs the +12V to work. I'll use this one in the Bronco instead of the Redarc one with the custom signal box from Ford Accessories that needs the brake wire in the 7-pin. This trailer has a 5.5K GVWR but I don't think I've loaded it past 3K yet. Sized it to carry my 6-seat golf cart or a SxS.

Given most of the wiring and fuses appear to be present, are you going to attempt to get the factory TRM to work?
I’ll try to do a diagram tomorrow. Couple of my heavy truck guys are out this week so I’m filling in for them.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip can the bull bar be ordered from anywhere?
Sponsored